MS Interview follow ups

Discussion in 'Genzyme' started by Anonymous, Aug 21, 2013 at 3:22 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm taking a poll to see how many of us received communication from the manager after your F2F. I did but I'm wondering if they respond to all candidates follow up emails or if this means they are planning on giving out the offer mid-sept like they said?

In previous interviews if I didn't hear anything typically the job was offered to another candidate so I took the communication as a positive but didn't want to get too excited. Thanks for the feedback and best of luck to those who interviewed.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I got a reply from the hiring manager but not from the others. I think it depends on the Managers personality. Some are more responsive than others and I don't believe it is an indication you will receive an offer. I was also told it would be mid September. We will see if they offer and if I take it. This lag period is allowing for me to plant seeds of doubt in my mind-should I go or stay :D.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you know what comp is? Trying to decide if I should go to interview since its a flight and 2 days time. I make $130,000 salary now. Will it give me a raise?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have no idea and my base is way lower than yours.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks I may cancel the interview. Don't feel like flying to Minneapolis. Looks like a tough drug to sell anyway.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes it will be a challenge....

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who do you work for with a base of 130? I'm beginning to realize that my company grossly underpays us...:(

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Some companies pay a lower base with good bonuses while others pay a higher base and lower bonus pay outs.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes that was the concept but goals are way out of the realm of reality...que sera sera. For the person who got a reply...did the manager indicate anything about "speaking are talking soon" or did he/she just thank you for your time? I never emailed anyone but the hiring manger bc it was clear they were just there to see red flags, were over tired and more concerned about forming their own team.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just can't remember what companies ask about salary when you apply? Can remember if Genzyme asked it on online application?

Re my high base, it was a small biotech but we were bought out and new company sucks. Big Pharma BS.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've beenn driving past my managers house for a week now. Every time he comes out,I stop and say Hello and ask if he's made a decision yet? I mean I haven't showered and the inside of my car is filled with fast food containers, but I think I look presentable. I feel this shows aggressiveness and drive.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The application does ask for compensation at your prior jobs so I guess I'm in the ballpark or they wouldn't want to fly me to Minneapolis?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would assume that is correct. Well are you going or not?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I haven't called on neurology for years. I've been in Onc is it a waste of my time? Don't really feel like traveling for nothing.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You have experience selling an infusion. Are you interviewing for the aBM or business one for buy and bill? Just meet with them to see if you like it. They wouldn't spend the money to fly you if they didnt think you have the skills.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Abm job even though the other one looked cool. I know I have the skills but don't want to waste their time or mine. Thanks for reply.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just recently had a phone screen from HR. It sounds like a lot of other people are further along in the process. How big is the sales force and my base is in the 130s as well. I'm concerned about that. I have to believe they wouldn't interview you if you weren't in the ballpark and have to fly 2 days. They ask salary ranges on the application. Any other info out there?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If they just interviewed you my guess is they are looking to replace the Aubagio Rep in that territory who interviewed for the new MS territory.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was told my $130,000 salary was on the "high side" by the regional director. Bonus plan is $34,000 per year.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For real? That's disappointing..... I would expect more than that to make the jump as it will be a while before you get a bonus based on sales. I don't want to make less than what I make now between salary and commission.