MS Role Base Salary

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by anonymous, Aug 6, 2018 at 9:22 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So I just got an offer for the MS role. The bonus was 40k but base offered was 140k??? Wtf? I thought MS Reps at companies like Biogen, Genzyme, Genentech make 165 to 185k in base. Why does Novartis pay so little in base salary? 180k at plan (base plus bonus) is absolute peanuts for MS. I don’t know if a single MS rep making under 200k.

Yes I turned the offer down.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Those days are long over Johnny. MS has decreased in the last 18 months BIG TIME. It is now a commodity market a shrewd above cholesterol. Too many mess have flooded the market in recent years making the specialization near impossible due to the amount of reps calling on treating neurologists. Legacy reps who have been with their respective companies forever will make that but new Johnny’s like yourself can have all the experience in the world and that’s all your getting. Be happy with $140. Biogen is now paying $115. Good luck

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That will turn out to be one of the stupidest decisions of your life. You value your experience way too highly.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You just made the best decision in your life. Although you only discussed money, you need to discuss micromanagement, 20% of bonus you could never see, bad press about company, pending lawsuits, etc

You will find a much better opportunity elsewhere

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bad move, and base and plan are $210k. You’ll be sorry Charlie.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I got 170k base... no prior MS experience but I've been in the neuro market for 10 years. Some of the strongest relationships in my market for sure. And I can tell you Biogen also offered me a position and it was low- 123k. My prior base was 142k. Great raise and very excited for this opportunity. All pharma is big pharma if you don't like it probably not the industry for you anymore!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Definitely not true of Genzyme. No just left there. MS reps on lower end of salary range we’re making 100-110k,most reps making 120 and a few people closer to 150. Target bonus of 45k but few hit that. Sanofi is a shithole and destroyed the Genzyme. In all honesty I think Novartis has become one of the most aggressively paying companies.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I seen some got offers. I have a a face to face tomorrow. Did the offer come right after interview? What was format any true info would be appreciated

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Maybe a dumb question, but why would
    they give you a 20%+ bump on your
    base when most companies when
    bringing in new reps ask for pay check
    stubs and usually make offers of no
    more than 8-10% of what the rep was
    previously making ?
    Did they ask for proof of your
    142K base you told them you were
    making ?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are they offering a sign on bonus and/or stock options. New Novartis dermatology reps are getting a 30k sign on bonus and 1500 shares of stock if you stay for 3 years.

Any updates on upper midwest interviews?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Its not hard to use PDF editor and change all of that to what you want :)

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You idiots are all missing the point! This is NOVARTIS. Even if your Base is 170k which I highly doubt... try 135-150k range and I’m in the know, you will be judged based on METRICS. How many calls per day, reach, frequency oh and how much you use your IVA. Ask ANY Genzyme, Biogen or Genentech Rep about their metrics and they will laugh at you. True Biotech companies only care about results. Even if you make 1 call a day and only use your IVA twice a year. If at Genzyme or Biogen you do well they leave you alone. Try that at Novartis! Good luck!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I heard they aren't making offers yet and still have another F2F for next step.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No one has it as bad as AMGEN reps. Their bases are low and they are primary care mentality and many metrics. My partner shares with me how pathetic it is there.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I call bull with this. You didn't get 170.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

163k...got offer today. Also sign on bonus and stock grants. Was better than I was expecting for sure!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How many F2F interviews did u have before offer? From what I understand there is another step after the interviews this week

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I interviewed face-to-face yesterday in the Midwest and heard the same thing.
    That if I am moved forward their
    would be another face to face interview
    with someone, maybe at home office they didn’t say .

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree that’s more than some of the managers make

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I call BS to this also no way reps
    are getting bases over 150K ?
    I just can’t believe a big Pharma company would pay that , Small biotech maybe. Big Pharma I seriously doubt it.

21. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No offers have been extended his is only 2nd step in process if you get moved forward there will be another interview in the next few weeks