My Biggest Wish for Merck Sales Representatives for 2012

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Dec 21, 2011 at 10:33 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I sincerely hope you have an opportunity to leave the company and better yet the industry in 2012. Please read this and know that I mean it. Your brain will continue to turn into mush if you stick with this brainless job. You can make a lot of money doing something you are proud of. Good luck.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AMEN!!!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Leads?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

so true...Bravo!!

2012 will be my first pharma-free year...

I am poorer now that I am out of Merck, but so much happier...

that place is an insane asylum...

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I beg to differ with your "poorer" assessment of yourself. You may be poorer only in terms of income...at the moment....overall when your personal happiness, attitude, outlook on life, etc. are considered and weighed in to the equation, you actually are much richer. Congratulations! Let your Merck experience be an enormously positive motivator for you. Merry Christmas and best wishes for a much healthier, happier, and prosperous NEW YEAR! Now you have the opportunity to "be well" for real.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

thank you so much!! yes, i am much richer in terms of my sanity and outlook for a happy future...

FU MERCK!!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2012 will be my second year away from Merck. Financially living on less? Yes. But mentally and personally so much healthier which is priceless.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Get up and running or that mortage will go from 20 years more to 40 years more!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bravo. I, too would like to add an "FU, Merck" on your behalf.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hope many of you survive until you are able to get new positions elsewhere. I hoe you can survive the BS without smelling like those who throw it. Best wishes to all of you not in management.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Paid mine off in October....bring on 2012! Just hope I don't have to move to a new locale.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hate to break the news but being in bad shape financially is bad for your health.....No ability to make the bills and mortgage payments is bigtime stress. You need a big
    pension, piles of cash or a second income to feel that priceless healthy feeling....

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As a recent retiree I definitely do not make as much as I used to be. Yet I am more sane. The industry has changed. The perception of reps has changed and is not reversible. We have moved from knowledge-centered to pretty faces doing the work of UPS and caterer. I have turned down offers for part-time jobs because I am still enjoying myself. All the skills you have acquired through Merck can be used to bring positive values to others' lives in volunteerism and other opportunities. Don't let Merck define you. Don't let your nutty manager define you.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Must have 20 or 30 years in and a good pension.

A must for your viewpoint.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The answer is "yes".

I have to give up on many nice things to enjoy life at my current income level though. I was also blinded to the fact that there was an option to retire, too stuck in my job to leave, and allowed my manager to terrorize and belittle me for a few years before I woke up.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Yes," and along with that longevity came the sizeable 20 year pension and company 401K. That permits you to have the choice, a workable option. Count yourself among the lucky and indeed, very blessed to have that size income at this time in your life. Most people in this country do not have the longevity in any one company, do not have pensions and do not have anything sizeable in a 401K, IRA or savings....

:)

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Most people in this country do not have the longevity in any one company, do not have pensions and do not have anything sizeable in a 401K, IRA or savings....

While there are people (I'm referring to age 50 and over) who, thru bad luck, were not able to put in significant time with one company and build up their 401K, pension, etc....there are also many who "job hopped" over the years (their decision), always looking for "a better opportunity"....now they are paying the price for this.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is true, for some...the job hop can be by choice, usually before age 40. To be more accurate many were forced to job hop due to layoffs, reorganizations and patent expirations....Still others may just like to spend like they are making a million...

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think many of us on CP who have had 20-30 years in are trying to share the wisdom from the mistake we made by staying so long. You now can see the writing on the wall.... I know jobs are hard to get now but try as hard as you know how to run from Merck. Work 2 jobs if you have to but don't let this job control your life. The money may be decent but it is not worth it to sell your soul. They don't care about you or how hard you work. I wish someone would have been there to tell me to leave while I still had my dignity

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Two people the same age. One 20 or 30 in the other a few years in. Both now unemployed. Who is in a better place?

Hands down. 20 or 30 years in....and now able to settle back or take part time work. The other? No settle back now or for a long time....