My boss is trying to extort me

Discussion in 'Ask an Employment Attorney' started by anonymousTX, Feb 11, 2019 at 6:31 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymousTX

anonymousTX Guest

I'm was involved in 2 companies. Company A I'm an employee, Company B I'm a 49%. Terms me from Company A without cause. Sends me a text to check my email. Send a text immediately after that saying "as far as unemployment benefits, I have the evidence to contest it, but as of now I'm not planning on doing so for your benefit." Checked my email, and he has stated that since I think so little of his leadership and the company, I will now go ahead and sign over my ownership and jump in a lake.

Please note the terminate was in fact no cause. He is implying that he will falsify information. He is good at that.

There's no way this is legal. Did he just commit a felony?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just to clarify what you are saying. It sounds like you are saying that you worked for someone in company A and you were were a 49% owner of a company with the same person in company B.

The person fired you from company A and is threatening to use false evidence to deny you unemployment benefits unless you sign over your ownership in company B. Is that what you are saying?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes