My version of 15 by 15

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Sep 24, 2011 at 7:15 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

but why would you not want to get caught and get out?? u must be lazy huh? or unmotivated to do something better than catering and signature collecting with your life...

15 X 15 may be necessary but it is nothing to be proud of...

You will come to a point where you realize you have wasted your life in pharma and it
    will feel very empty...

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Applies to the young reps who have 15-30 or more years of career to go.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OP back. By instituting my 15x15 plan I'm not really wasting my life in Pharma anymore. Just 15 hours per week! The other 25 hours a week I'm living it up. Working out, taking my wife out during the week on business and having Merck pick up the checks and other things that I want to do. I've given myself a huge raise and feel much less stress. I've just recently bought a tape recorder to tape interactions with my manager to document the fact that he feels that I'm a good competent rep with strong solid sales skills and great relationships with top targets. Then if he pulls this "you're out of touch with your customers" BS, I will pull out a diary with all the notes of our discussions of how well he said I have been doing. I will have this and a recording as backup if ever needed. That way I will make myself a very tough target for a PIP and he will have to look for an easier target within the district instead of me. You gotta look out for yourself. Yeah, I may not have that Wharton MBA but I have great instincts, good common sense and balls! And really that's all you need. Better get to bed now I have a big 3 hour day ahead of me tomorrow!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OK. But you're still living under some degree of stress even though you feel it is much less stress. I still have problems getting my mind around all the defensive work you're doing and wondering if that is worth it and if that is any way to have to live life. For you, the answer must be yes. For me, no, life is too short to have to play defense in a job that's a joke. My job becomes all about protecting/maximizing my job security. I'll hand it to you, it sounds like you've done your homework and have your bases covered.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with the above...I could not play defense for living...I was never brought up to fight my company for the right to keep my job, like one must do at Merck...Maybe I am a bit soft, but my dignity is so much more important to me than trying to keep my job as a drug rep...

I am much happier now that I got out of MERCK and pharma sales...But Kudos to the 15 X 15 guy...the more he scams Merck, the more I respect him actually...

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"...protecting/maximizing my job security.."

Wow-you have a lot to learn grasshopper. You must not be paying attention to whats going on around you. Hows the kool aid taste? Do some reading around here. There is no job security-zero. Even if you do well-ask around if you dont beleive me. Maybe it feels better if you can keep dreaming.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, it sounds like you may have missed the point. I agree totally with you that job security doesn't exist. Like the OP, I'm just doing all I can to make it much harder to get rid of me in the typical manner that Merck is using with contrived deficiencies and PIP's. With my documentation and records, my manager will hopefully think long and hard before drumming up some bogus complaint against me. Perhaps we can agree that my efforts and strategy gives me "relative" job security, ok?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

if your working so hard what are you doing on here during these hours? You still dont get it. I have worked for the company for 20 years. Until recently, everything changed-loss of job title, loss of potential bonus, getting pushed around by a rookie and very incompetent manager, etc. It all comes down to this: how much do you make? If you are doing bad and your making bank, they will pip you. If you are doing good and making bank, they will still fire your ass but will have to be a little more creative. you should know that you can keep up with slimy lawyers, which is exactly the person who will undo you. Keep working hard dude! You wont lose your job! You must bring too much value to your customers! Be well

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Part of the problem is that Merck management is no longer run by clinicians nor businessmen, but instead....slimy lawyers. This company is circling the drain.

This guy is spot on, by the way.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well then, please tell me what this dude is saying. It seems I'm told the quality of my work makes no difference, but my salary level does, and if it's in the higher range, my ass is in jeopardy, regardless. Were the last lines about continuing to work hard and bringing too much value to my customers, therefore I won't lose my job, all said in jest? If not, I don't get the point of the post.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What he's saying is that the company is ridding itself of the expensive reps. Whether or not your performance is good is irrelevant. I've seen many stellar reps "resign" in recent years. It wasn't because they suddenly felt the need to move on; these people were pressured under the guise of their being poor performers, suddenly, after years of stellar work. It has nothing to do with performance---period.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Still no ridding of expensive big deal legacy reps...yet.

Some still ridin' high and rough shot on everyone in town....

It won't surprise me if it they stay another 5 year run....

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It appears they aren't riding the older reps out, as they are likely age discrimination lawsuits if that happens. It's cheaper to bridge them into retirement. The white 40-50 reps---especially men---are in the crosshairs.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What percent of older reps (45+) have the years in and high rank to be getting those big checks....

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In NJ age discrimination starts at 40. It varies from state to state.