Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This has to be the most canned response I've ever read. If you've been in device sales for more than 2 years, you've started building a good resume. If you took this course after spending that much time in the field, well, you're a moron.
    Now, if you've been in pharma for 7 years (I noticed you said medical sales, not specifically device sales), maybe you might want to do some self training. However, you could get a Steadman's book for a quarter the cost and learn everything you need to know about anatomy in a couple days. Plus, you can learn OR protocol by simply asking materials management at any hospital for their OR protocol paperwork. Free of charge.
    So, in short, you are beyond full of shit. Peddle your snake oil elsewhere, chode.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you have been in medical sales, what specific "tid bits" did you pick up after 7 years? I have zero medical sales experience and picked up nothing new. Not a single thing. Seriously, there are chapters devoted to the power of positive thinking and how to dress. Are you friggin kidding me?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

331 pages of knowledge related to your field. Most of it Yes you should know. If you think you know Everything in this book, then stop wasting your time! Write your own book and write it better - you'll be retired in 2 years instead of trolling these boards.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please fully explain Stark Laws and Code of Ethics in your own words.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you have been in med sales for 7 years and didn't know about Stark, AMA, ethics, HCC, HIPAA before NAMSR???? you are a shill, a troll, or an idiot. bottom line: i spent maybe 3 total hours reviewing the study manual and got a 98% on the certification. no device experience. yeah i'm sure ceos and surgeons would learn tons from this

please folks, more sincere, honest, non-solicited positive testimonials! remember this is an anonymous board!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just wanted to say that if I did not possess my RMSR Certification and the industry knowledge that came with it there is no way that I would have gotten my job with Becton Dickinson.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

4 threads about NAMSR.

Each was posted on today from 6:07 -6:22 with the same quick, general, anonymous, non-verifiable feel good platitudes that abound on these threads with amazing consistency. What a coincidence! Check all the threads, read the posts, and cross-reference the times, style, and content.

Common sense folks: this "organization" has ZERO value unless you have ZERO experience.
    And, no, this weak course will not make up for that lack of experience.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is the RMSR Certification offered at colleges or universities? I was told by a recruiter to acquire industry training and certification.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No they are only online. I think they also have online programs in medical assistant, book keeping, and tv & vcr repair; here's their commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RKQRVn4NAs

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are RMSR Certified go to the Owens & Minor website. They have medical sales job openings and love to interview RMSR Certified reps.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm a geezer. In a word, NO!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok, I understand that we are talking about the NAMSR/RNSR course but there is another course that is designed for pharmaceutical reps, and it seems like the same program except tailored towards pharmaceutical reps. This program is available @ napsronline.org They also offer this program @ my local college. The University of Central Florida and many other major colleges across the US. However I always thought that programs like this were only available at the cmrinstitute.org Can anyone clarify this?

ps. what is a b2b??

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm a geezer--started in 1991 with Stryker. As far as the NAMSR, I have NEVER, EVER heard of any of the more than 5 companies I've worked for mention, request, discuss, implement, or require a NAMSR.

I have NEVER, EVER had a recruiter do the same.

It might have some merits, but you would be better served spending the $250 to get your resume professionally written.

In fact, some companies don't want ANY meical training, because they want to mold you their way.

The best way to get a medical job today is to be an attractive, young, cocky, immature male.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That last sentence is spot on and nobody would know better than a person who worked for stryker. They only hire people that fit that description but you need to throw in jock meathead.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

NAMSR IS A TOTAL SCAM!!! JOB HUNTERS BEWARE!!!

I had a medical device "recruiter" tell me that my resume was "intriguing" and said the hiring company required that I get NAMSR certifiied. Turns out this recruiter was from NAMSR and was out to deceive me.

People, the NAMSR job board is bogus!!! It is run by the individuals looking to scam you out of $250.00!!!

Buyer beware!!!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yeah right-on dude!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The training is real and very thorough. I have been really pleased with what the vocational training has provided as this is a career change for me. I have been getting calls since I added the RMSR to my resume as well. I really do not see how some people on this blog see this type of training as redundant or bogus unless they are some Dr. who has lost their licencse and are made at the world for their own failures.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now it all makes sense. Someone else is bad mouthing this program and pushing their own. Pretty low of the CMR institute.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been a VP of Sales for several surgical device companies over the past 15 years, and I would not hire a NAMSR trained rep. It is a total waste of time and money.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I actually have the job that all of you "breaking in" folks want. My company has never heard of this certification and would certainly not respect it. Sorry. That's just reality. I was hired because I have the following-

1. Experience.
    2. Relationships.
    3. Education.
    4. Previous Success.

I didn't apply for my job. My company called me based on recommendations of physicians and colleagues. That's how this works. Now, granted, I'm not talking about entry level type of positions. BUT. I never had, nor heard of, this nonsense when I was entry level. Guess what? I still have the job you want. This idiocy is for lazy people who just want to make $$$ and not work for it.....