Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2. Dan C

Dan C Guest

I never heard of RMSR until very recently when I received an e-mail advertisement for it -- I assume because I have been doing a lot of online job searching lately. It struck as a scam because over many years of off and on job hunting, I have NEVER seen a medical rep job posting that requires it. In fact, the primary requirement I have seen consistently is a bachelor's degree and preferably sales experience. Maybe this certification is helpful, but what if you have it and NO college degree? What sort of success is possible then?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Total BULLSHIT!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If it had any use.... you would see the company / website with referrals and placement statistics.

You see nothing which should tell you everything!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

TOTAL BULLSHIT! Those "positive" postings are from NAMSR. I have NEVER had anyone to ask about this.
    You will get more benefit out of writing a $250 check to a shelter.
    Or just turning it into 250 $1 bills & speniding it @ a gentleman's establishment.

6. Look folks, I do not know what planet you live on, but I have a B.A. from a prestigious university, and an M.A. from yet another top-tier university. I am trying to do something fresh after teaching and while I see your skepticism as refreshing, I have been hounded by recruiting agencies to get this 'NAMSR" training to prove that I do, indeed, know a teensy bit about Latin, Greek, etc. Nevermind that I taught it. It's just that way in this economy. I have no rose - colored glasses, but I know that if I can garner the highest scores in my county on nationwide tests with a host of unruly (but loveable) 14 year-olds, I can sell anything. If this was a waste, then so be it. I kind of like knowing what I don't know, and then knowing it.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

John Nash I appreciate your wit and enthusiasm however when a guy who never had a real job except hitting baseballs in the minor leagues can get a job in this industry then anyone can regardless of education etc... And he doesn't have this certification. This is sales, the lowest professional job one can have. Please don't waste your brain and high priced education on a pharma job, which is mind numbing work that frankly shouldn't require a degree beause my border collie could do it and he can't wipe his own ass after shitting.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm getting one heck of a kick out of this. Over my tenure, I've sold for larger companies (SYK, MDT) and some smaller ones. Never have they asked about this in an interview.
    I've done recruiting as a hiring manager. Never have I asked about this.
    I've used recruiters to help me find good candidates. Never even came up about this. And the positions I was recruiting for were entry level med sales.
    I still have some good relationships with Stryker and MDT HR recruiters and I recently asked about this. All said essentially the same thing-- it's not a determining factor. They look for people who are salesmen, and recognize that they'll teach them the 'how to sell to hospitals/HCP's' portion later.
    My $.02-- skip it. As someone pointed out earlier, a reputable company will have their own training developed for you.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hello to you Sirs,

I am Nmamja Ibokor, exchange student from Cameroon. HAHAHAHAHA!

Please if you will send me $495 in cash US dollars, I will send you gladly piece of paper that state you have passed NIM-DC final examination (Nmamja Ibokor Medical-Device Certification). You will have picture with me, Nmamja Ibokor, holding certificate from your hard-earned work. Imagine proudness of your parents and family from this!

Send please $495 to www.eatad*ng.net. Many thanks to your and your helper.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks to everyone who posted above. I have applied to several Med Device Sales jobs and received emails back from recruiter's with a list of question's, one of which being do you have certification's.

Because of these posts I have not purchased them when had I not read them I would have. Again, thank you all. I am disturbed that these companies can even exist.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

NAMSR/RMSR is a scam. I've talked to at least 10 medical reps and none of them have heard of this group. Most of the job listings you see on Monster.com and Careerbuilder.com that do not say the company that you are applying to are all posted by NAMSR. You will quickly get a response back saying they are interested in you and to provide your NAMSR certification #. Then you will start getting e-mail blasts from another bogus recruiting firm and they will request this certification. Then you will finally start getting linkedin requests from other RMSR certified reps. They will post right after their name RMSR. As if its an MBA or something. The two trolls that have sent me requests are:
    Craig Kenney that supposedly works for CR BARD and-
    Maria Gonzales that is from GE Healthcare.

It's so obvious that this is a scam. Both of the people mentioned above both live in Atlanta and both went to the same school. Neither has any connection to me or anyone in my linked in group. All I can say is if anyone gives these people any money you are a total fool....

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are a liar. I am the owner of one of the most prestigious medical sales recruiting firms in the nation. I personally have 23 years of recruiting experience exclusively within the medical sales industry, and in addition my four staff recruiters have a combined 20 years of experience. NONE OF US, have ever had a client company request that we provide candidates with NAMSR training! NAMSR is a total waste of time and money. If you want to enter the medical sales arena, get a job selling a tangible product or service, in which you are measured against a quota. If you are successful against that quota for 2-3 years, I can get you an interview with my clients. End of story!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have a background in education and Assistive Technology and am studying for the RMSR. I'm tired of education and am interested in getting into sales/technical support. I'm also in my 50's. I am I too late in the game to try?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yes!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Medical Sales College can help you.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Um, no it can't. Fraud. Don't have money? I'm sure they will loan you some at a very reasonable rate. Scam. The fact they call themselves a "college" is a joke.

Get ready for the bogus rebuttal including a 3rd party reference success story of all the successful reps that have come out of their program. Zzzzzzz. I heard they also sell herbal supplements for weight loss, male enhancement, etc.

Please be careful...

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Everything mentioned above about mystery recruiters out of the blue emailing about medical sales positions and linkedin invites from people with NMSR after their name has happened to me. It worked, I got the damn manual. Don't fall for it.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I went to this blog to get information on the RMSR medical certification. There seems to be some mixed reviews. But I do see alot of haters out there. The haters never mention that the took the course though. Can someone explain to me how if someone was to take "medical sales training" how that could ever be seen as a negative?