NAMSR

Discussion in 'Job-Seekers' started by Anonymous, Nov 18, 2008 at 3:03 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The training book has so many misprints and missing information. Values are cryptic, but the good news is that the test covers none of these. The test was also shotty in that it had many repeat questions.

I have a BS in Biology and have a certificate in Medical Product Development from UCI. I began using the NAMSR website to look for jobs and recently received this email from a recent application I submitted:

To Whom It May Concern:

Thank you for contacting Alpha Orthopaedics for potential employment opportunity. We would like to inform you that we currently have no job openings. The National Association of Medical Sales Representatives has falsely posted job openings under our name. We have contacted NAMSR to remove the post. Thank you again for contacting us.

That said, I can also say that I have had no positive replies from any job that I have applied to through the website. I have also noticed that when I go to the actual company website to look for the job that NAMSR posts as open, these jobs are no where to be found.

Buyer beware.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have the RMSR Manual and it is really well written. I do not see where they could be any misprints. I am taking the RMSR certification as a pre-requisite per my uncle who is a District Manager for one of the largest medical device suppliers in the U.S. Based on what I see I would certainly recommend the training course.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Go to Medical Sales College. End of story.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i Receive the same notice from Alpha, they didn't have the job in my area but it was available in my state. after that i called the NAMSR they told me they advertise in the state to get exposure for the company. so the jobs was real but not in your city.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I used the Employment Center yesterday and everything was very accurate. I am going the NAMSR application area almost daily and finding a lot of great jobs. It is also a good idea to upload your resume there.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The 8th edition for the RMSR program is really good. Make sure to ask for the 8th edition. Melvin Simmons from the association told me he would pay me $200 if I could find a mistake in it and I could not find even one. Darn it!

7. There are so many obviously phony responses on this thread about the usefulness of these certification programs, I thought I should add some reason.

I can tell you that as a medical sales recruiter that I have never EVER been asked by one of our clients to look for candidates with RMSR, NASMR, or any other similar certification... and I've asked them out of my own curiosity. This is my experience working with companies such as Covidien, J&J, CR Bard, Intuitive, Invuity, to name a few.

If you're looking to get into medical sales, these programs are not a short-cut. You need to go kick butt in a good B2B position for at least 18-24 months, preferably selling something tangible. If you aren't in that kind of job, I suggest you do that first. There is nothing in one of these programs that you won't learn your first week on the job.

What medical companies are looking for are sales reps with a solid work history (no gaps) for 3+ years, who consistently exceed their quota, and are sharp enough to keep up with the ever changing technologies.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The RMSR medical sales training was without doubt the best and possibly the only way to get into the medical sales industry. Melvin was exceptional and delivered a great course and online environment.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What has surprised me the most on this blog are some negative comments that tend to use phrases that we think of as directed to the company but rather it is obvious to me they coming from a competitor.

It is obvious as they use phrases which offer advice (such as "if you are looking," "if you need," "if you want," if you like," and so on), the writers of these reviews tend to use phrases which make requests but they are actual competitors and have never taken or utilized the RMSR program.

I have looked at major and credible vendors for some honest feedback and below is what I have found:

"I highly recommend this training if you are trying to break in to medical sales.
    the industry I highly recommend this training if you are trying to break in to medical sales.
    the industry is so broad, this training gave me an overview of the industry and help me select what field i wanted to work in, as well the industry knowledge that has helped me in the field.

The info in it is a must have if you are in this field is so broad, this training gave me an overview of the industry and help me select what field i wanted to work in, as well the industry knowledge that has helped me in the field. The info in it is a must have if you are in this field."

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is exactly what I mean!!!!! What an obvious attempt for this troll to sell their own training.

What has surprised me the most on this blog are some negative comments that tend to use phrases that we think of as directed to the company but rather it is obvious to me they coming from a competitor.

It is obvious as they use phrases which offer advice (such as "if you are looking," "if you need," "if you want," if you like," and so on), the writers of these reviews tend to use phrases which make requests but they are actual competitors and have never taken or utilized the RMSR program.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The MSC is a competitor of the RMSR program. Very sad for them to do this.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This was a good course. Randy in Marrietta, GA

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The entire process of taking the RMSR program I found really interesting, informative, engaging and certainly helpful when pertaining to qualifying for a career in medical sales. I have never had any sales training previously and the amount of help and confidence this has given me can only help me going forward in my medical sales career...From the experience I can only say how helpful and informative I found the experience. My only advice to anybody doing it in the future would be to go in with an open mind, be prepared to interview shortly after completion.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

After reading this entire blog all I can say from my experience in the field is that if you want to reach a goal, and that goal is to be a medical sales rep. Then you must 'see the reaching' in your own mind and take medical sales training as well as learn the industry terms before you actually arrive at your goal.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

FYI:

It has been assumed by people for as long as formal education has been around that education can only help people.

In society having an education is important to moving up economically and socially.

People who are looked at as “successful” are often people with high educations or industry certifications.

People who have an education are also more likely to achieve better benefits in life such as more money, more prestigious job and the “right” kind of friends.

It is true that having an education can help someone out in life!!!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have looked at major and credible vendors for some honest feedback and below is what I have found:

"I highly recommend this training if you are trying to break in to medical sales.
    the industry I highly recommend this training if you are trying to break in to medical sales.
    the industry is so broad, this training gave me an overview of the industry and help me select what field i wanted to work in, as well the industry knowledge that has helped me in the field.

The info in it is a must have if you are in this field is so broad, this training gave me an overview of the industry and help me select what field i wanted to work in, as well the industry knowledge that has helped me in the field. The info in it is a must have if you are in this field."

Go to AMAZON and you can order they or through the trade group website

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wiill definitely be putting into practice all I've learned from the RMSR training.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I really enjoyed the RMSR program and it will definitely make a difference in my medical sales rep career.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

UI really enjoyed the taking and completing the RMSR program. I know it will definitely make a difference in my pursuit of a medical sales rep career.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

From a student's perspective I can tell you that the RMSR programs is an extremely informative course. The industry knowledge, medical device photos, definitions, regulation and selling tools are very helpful. I'm glad I took it and was a part of it! Superb program!