NAMSR

Discussion in 'Job-Seekers' started by Anonymous, Nov 18, 2008 at 3:03 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

With a great education and the right medical sales training your future as a Medical Sales Rep is already heading down the right path. Having the right skills, and more importantly having portable skills, will make you a highly desirable Medical Sales Rep candidate. Attending a vocational sales training program is just one way of equipping yourself with a range of skills that your future employer will not be able to resist.

Being able to apply yourself to many facets of a job will give you a competitive edge that an employer will find highly desirable and during a job interview will give you the necessary advantage over other candidates. If you have portable skills you are invaluable to your employer as you can develop in many other areas and continue to grow. An employer would rather hire one person to do the job of many.

By being able to transfer your skills and become useful in different areas of your workplace you will continue to find your job challenging and rewarding. By remaining interested in your job you will find it easier to apply yourself and you will also discover that with additional skills there is more prospects of advancing within the company. Employers reward valuable employees and having portable skills will help you reap the benefits.

Through undertaking vocational training you are equipping yourself with a set of skills that will not only lead you down a satisfying career path, but will help you become a valued and needed member of any community. Good communication and customer service skills are necessary in any job and English school is a worthwhile addition to any vocational training. Having a well rounded education is important to an employer, as well as customers, and being able to extend yourself in other areas of your job will be highly beneficial in the long run. These are the types of skills that could lead you to running your own business in the future.

If you can bring a range of skills to your vocational training you are setting yourself up for a much wider range of opportunities within your job. For example, as an apprentice hairdresser you may normally find yourself washing hair and answering the phone when you first start out, but instead, with portable skills, your job description could soon be extended to include customer relations or creating marketing opportunities for the business. Imagine how delighted your employer would be if you could mulit-task effectively and handle more than one position.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Knowledge is power and vocational training a vital tool to helping you gain that knowledge. By extending your areas of expertise and gaining a range of portable skills you are putting yourself ahead of the competition and ultimately you will improve your level of job satisfaction.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If anybody believes this crap, you need a brain overhaul. I work with all of the large firms. They would never even consider NAMSR. It is a scam. NAMSR is violating Truth in Advertising. Crooks like them should be eliminated from the earth.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have you talked to them?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Invest in your Education.

Obtain the proper training or education in order to know industry specific know-how. A (Registered Medical Sales Representative) certificate by the (National Association of Medical Sales Representatives) can be used in place of a 4-year degree. Medical Sales Certification is the healthcare industry assurance that an individual has met rigorous, peer-developed and reviewed standards endorsed by a national professional body -- National Association of Medical Sales Representatives ). Make sure you get called for interviews when applying and obtain the medical sales industry designation.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Search the internet to find sample resumes and then combine the best aspects to make your resume look fantastic. You need to put your entire package together to be as enticing as possible to the top employers. Make sure you sufficiently invest in your resume to make it as air tight as possible. This is really important as it is your first impression in many cases.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I recommend NAMSR or raitraining.com they both offer "medical sales" training and certifications recognized nationally. That would be a great start to be considered, then I would do a lot of research on the industry, products certain companies in your area offer. It's a competitive field, so start with a resume the includes the medical sales training a STRONG 'brag-book' of achievements and tons of research. If you get called for an interview, you better know the company inside out and show that you've done your 'homework'.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do not believe any negative blogs on this site. The NAMSR program is very good and certainly industry recognized. Typically negative bloggers on these industry streams are paid by a competitor. Very sad but true.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bullshit. Every one of these programs are fucking scams. ALL of them. Competitors my ass. It's just people trying to warn job seekers (people who already do not have money) not to pay for a worthless certification. The canned responses on these boards is all across the Internet.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am certified surgical technologist as well as a bs in kinesiology which added immense value in this course/ if you love working in the OR RMSR is a great option to provide this opportunity.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It does work.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Coming from a large military family I wanted to find a way to give back and help those who were injured while protecting the freedoms we enjoy. This program and certification has given me the opportunity to do that.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The RMSR is a good program and certainly industry recognized as I am interviewing and everyone is mentioning it.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I too called them and as an RN was told I would not need the certification to enter the medical device field. I'd say call them if you have any concerns, its pretty obvious there are competitors of theirs on this site.. I too called the medical rep college and all they did was push their program and bad mouth the NAMSR when I didn't even bring them up. The course is less than $300, I decided to take it anyway and like Corey told me I didn't need the course but I'm happy I took it, very beneficial. They even allowed my brother to use my book when I was done and allowed him to buy an exam for $125 and Corey (same rep I spoke with) reset his exam for free because he failed by 1%. My experience with them has been nothing short of wonderful

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So i understand that the NAMSR course really holds no merit with most companies. I just graduated undergrad with a degree in biology in May and am planning on living at home and saving money before I start my career (my biggest endeavor right now is to move for an opportunity and I do not want to move broke). In the meantime, I want to stay proactive and on top of things. Is NAMSR a legitimate course than can help me stay fresh in regards to the sciences, medicine, the industry, etc. for MY own sake? By no means am I considering this course with the intent and hopes to boost my appeal to employers. I just want to make sure that if I am going to spend 285 on a course that it's something that is legitimate and can help me remain relevant during this break between school and my career.

16. Thebigchad

Thebigchad Guest

This program will do nothing but waste your time and your money. Your best bet are to get the med rep books on Amazon, Tom Ruff has a good one (no repping for them, just a decent book to help) and use CP, medreps, medzilla, gorillamed, and linkedin like a beast. It's a tough gig, but sticking with it pays off. Good luck and AVOID NAMSR and RMSR... or any other program.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks, do you have any other good book suggestions?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I know this question is pretty dated but please DO NOT go with RMSR or NAMSR or their affiliate NAPRx. I was interested in breaking into this industry myself so I did some digging. The first thing I saw was RMSR and the NAMSR company and it looked appealing and I almost bought a book... almost. The first thing that caught my eye as suspicious was the copyright on the bottom of the website (only to 2014). Things didn't seem right with all the broken links and difficulty in finding any information about them.

The company is fake, the certification is fake, its a scam. I encourage anyone who cares enough to want to invest money in this certification to read through a legal court case filed against them by an actual accredited company. I found this in my endeavor to validate NAMSR, not that I wanted it to be fake but because I want to be 100% certain I'm making smart investments. In the document you will find information about fake accounts (linkedin, facebook, youtube, etc) as well as fake companies, success stories, and recruiters that they created to bolster their image.

http://www.medicalsalescollege.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/ECF-16-e-book-Answer-to-Amended-Complaint-and-Jury-Demand-and-Defendants-Counterclaims-and-Third-Party-Complaint-with-Exs.-A-M-01-26-2015.pdf