Nassau Park and Plainsboro

Discussion in 'Bristol Myers Squibb IT' started by Anonymous, Jun 13, 2013 at 7:19 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any truth to the rumor about a near-shore center somewhere cheap to shutter NP and PLB?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yes, all fat / overpaid / unproductive / worthless 'IT executives/leaders/directors/managers/assorted garbage' will be let go 3rd quarter 2013 - especially at expensive offices in NP, as well as satellite offices in PLB: jobs will be redistributed to India and China

you will see the overpriced NJ homes of the aforementioned fat asses go into foreclosure by EOY 2013

(My team and I will be fine - we are helping BMS execute this re-org - and its been a long time coming)

Also impacted will be the garbage 'IT execs' at NB - the list has been approved by the exec committee

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow. You're not angry. (Sarcasm.) Too bad what you said came out of your ass. India and China, really? What part of near-shore is in India and China? They planning on building something cheaper here (I heard Maryland) to exit India and China. Also, what IT execs are in NB and what do they have to do with NP and PLB? Your team? You got no team, 'cause you made this up, didn't you?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I believe the poster was referring to a cost containment initiative (CCI) designed to cut non-value added G & A costs on an year-over-year basis; IT (especially ES) is unfortunately unable to justify their excessive annual costs (biggest culprit is the cumulative salary and benefits packages for an inordinate number of ADirs, Dirs, SDirs, EDirs, VPs, and assorted 'strategic managers/relationship managers' and other non-value added roles: the street is pushing fro BMS to act like the mid-size pharma that it has become (by revenues) and cut back the 'big pharma' gangs down to size; CCI is being run McKinsey-style with a stealth team concept to feed mgmt real-time data on IT

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Facts, not anger. it is frustrating to execute CCI with resistance from long-time BMS-IT'ers: we understand your pain and feelings of betrayal - after all, you put in 10-120 years in BMS IT and now want to coast for ten-fifteen more years to a cushy retirement. Unfortunately the numbers are unsustainable - BMS revenues / employee are among the lower quadrant among industry peers. The harsh truth is that those who can accept the new 'low-cost IT' model and adapt to their new economic reality (working with lesser pay and limited benefits for an Indian outsourcer) will survive, while those who yearn for the older days of low-work and cushy pay will be unfortunately phased out of the company by Thanksgiving time. Believe me this is not a pleasant experience for our team either - always tough to force people out.. Have a blessed day!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're a "blessed" idiot. CCI is about working smarter, not cheaper. That would be great, except that the leadership is missing the smarter part.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What a condescending jackass. cushy retirement? Where have you been? That hasn't been BMS in the last 15 years. No one expects that. and we all get downsizing. But how about honesty? Whys it all covert? And what about making anyting work? It's like the plan is to lose weight by cutting off our legs. Nothins getting better.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Again, CCI is designed to cut non-value added G & A costs on an year-over-year basis: the focus is on non-value added costs - these are the 'low hanging fruit' if you will - once these costs are extracted out of the supply chain cost of good sold (COGS), the next phase of CCI (to be likely launched mid-to-late 2014), we will be looking at strategic reductions across the supply chain. Hope this helps clarify; also, my friend, I understand it is frustrating for you to see your unemployed future, but why not get a low paying job with Accenture? That should keep you in the loop until you can re-establish your career path (such as it is). God bless!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Business reality is that executive P & L-driven initiatives such as CCI are kept under wraps, being shared only with selected senior execs. This is not dishonest by any means, just common executive information control. Besides, over-sharing of such an initiative would serve merely to generate unprofitable emotional reactions that add little value. IT techies need to understand that the pharma industry is not a software shop - IT is useful as a back-office tool and, in some rare cases, as a competitive advantage (such as an application platform that could support rapid molecular modeling leading to reduced discovery times for new products, etc.)

Simply put, you and your ilk don't need to know about CCI because it is above your pay grade - if / when you get into management (an unlikely scenario given your apparent immaturity) you may begin to understand ...

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hey dude - NOT cool! JN and you guys are harsh, man. yes, times are tough but we thought we had till November to leave - we are already seeing people leave this week - three IT staffers carrying out boxes upon layoff. Why not throw out Accenture guys - those twits don't do much anyway?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

shows how much you know ;-) BMS is all about cutting costs and slimming down G & A - the revenues are mid-size now ... the staff costs can't continue to be bloated ... besides they have to find $$$ to pay worthless garbage from accenture ...

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i am from accenture and I resent your implication - accenture people may be garbage but we are NOT worthless - at least not to accenture - see we are raking in big bucks for accenture

Oh, thank you BMS'ers for being so stupid as to need morons like us from accenture to do a bad job that you could be doing yourself

Thanks Paul Von A CIO for hiring accenture - use your kick-backs well

oops I have to now leave and use the billable travel time to go on vacation suckers!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yo that's harsh dude. yea accenture is looting BMS now with the outsourcing wave - ain't gonna last too long - y'all will be exited soon enough and a more humble team of IT contractor s will be brought in. If I were you I would NOT gloat too much, chucklehead

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sad to see another patronizing, up enlightened manager treating adults like children. True leadership doesn't require covert ops. Take you talking points and peddle them elsewhere.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In addition to condescending, your ignorant as well. COGS? Supply chain? Wrong subject you blessed dufus. You don't even know what your talking about. Keep drinking the Kool-Aid, reading the bible and deceiving yourself.