National meeting no longer in California

Discussion in 'Cadence Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Nov 29, 2014 at 5:31 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Heard from a source at corporate that they will be moving the commercial team from San Diego to St. Louis in 2015. Everyone will be given the opportunity to keep their positions, but they will be required to move. Mallinckrodt wants centralized marketing and training in home office.

I was also told despite initial communication of the national meeting being in San Diego, Hugh wants this changed as well to eliminate excess costs.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Makes a hell of a lot of sense. I think they didn't require an immediate move as people like Rye and Scott G would have quit right away. Scott saw the writing on the wall, despite JD's efforts to convince him to stay. But then again, SG doesn't have a very long track record anywhere. I was surprised they hired him a few years ago for that reason.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'd rather the meeting be on east coast for a change!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You mean the meeting where
    1)Mark T will update us on his follow up meeting at the local grocery store with the ceo from the largest idn in St Louis
    2)We meet the new HSS hires who got tricked into working here by their back stabbing friends who did it for the 5k fee
    3)We see how we are tracking 10% over the 350 yrly sales goal.
    4) We hear about the May 15th price increase for 2015.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are so right about point 3. I would never in clear concience recommend this job to a friend just to get 5 thousand dollars. For those that did, they will have to live with themselves for that because deep down everyone knows this is a horrible gig. As far as the price increase...if that were to happen in 2015, they will seal their demise with that.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When is the stupid meeting going to be anyway? Since we just had one, seems very wasteful especially given that our sales year now has changed to Mallinckrodt's instead of the calendar year. Wish it was in January to get it out of the way.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm not trying to be a jerk but wondering why so many Hosp and Surg openings

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I will quickly give you an explanation. They are expanding the sales force to 40 more reps in hopes to over saturate the market. This isn't a good gig anymore now that it is Mallinckrodt.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh please say it is true!!!! Don't want to go back to California!!!'

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh no... Will we have to fly on Sunday (waaa waaa)? Get a grip and go do some work. This is not an entitlement program so do what you are told....

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hmmm like you leaving a message in the middle of the day? If this is a bunch of shit for you, then why the hell are you trolling this board? Seriously why are you? You're both an idiot and a freak.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why are there always so many people logged onto this particular CP company board? Is this company extremely interesting or is it that nobody works? Either way, sounds like fun...

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh yeah...like you don't work here. Give us all a break and piss off.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you don't have to try. You are a jerk. why are you wondering? Oh forget it, we know that answer too. You troll career sites in any specific market as part of your "social media monitoring" gig with a competitor. Still gotta pay for that PhD huh? two faced jerks suck.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi

Does anyone know where in the country the national meeting is going to be held at?

Thanks

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm glad someone brought this up and why is the meeting scheduled so late in first quarter?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you mean second qtr.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're right. 1st quarter of the year will technically be second quarter, but not this year. Hospital reps will only be counting 1st, 2nd, and 3rd quarter for 2015 since 4th quarter of 2014 was still being counted for the year.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone have info on specific dates for National Meeting? I'm hearing March???

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The national meeting is the first week of March (M-F). No specific information has been given in terms of where it will be which is very strange. We also know it will no longer take place in California and the marketing team will be consolidated with all the marketing department in St. Louis later this year. This means we will lose some that refuse to move out of California. Word has it SG is trying to recruit a few people to leave.