National Sales Meeting - Dallas, TX

Discussion in 'Supernus' started by anonymous, Jul 18, 2020 at 7:11 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We have a national meeting scheduled for a week in Dallas, TX at the end of September. Dallas is a hot spot for coronavirus. Many if not most reps and managers will be afraid to say they are VERY uncomfortable going to this meeting. This is a very dangerous time for the country and frankly this is out of character for Supernus leadership to push forward with this meeting despite the current situation. If you REALLY want to know how reps and managers feel about going to this meeting do an anonymous poll and you will get a REAL answer to how we feel!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Never trust an anonymous poll at supernus. Never!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

True but you understand my point

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It’s irresponsible and extremely insensitive. Like the op said - a lot of reps are nervous to voice their opinion for fear of having a target on their back. And when they ask RD’s for their reps feedback they just lie. After they pressure their people to attend. It’s so wrong. And it’s really disappointing. This isn’t the company I’ve dedicated my time to and stood behind to help it grow. What happened to the culture here? Nothing like what it was.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you have solid mosaics you should use them to get out. Supernus doesn't give a shit about reps like they used to. Also I left supernus a few months ago during the coronavirus outbreak to launch a drug. The national meeting was done online and was done very well. It wasn't like being there in person but it was still fun and engaging. Oh and the best part was no one contracted covid.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’ve been thinking this exact thing. I do not feel safe going to this meeting but I would never express concerns to my RD. For starters I’m scared of the guy and second I don’t think it would change anything from what I’ve seen in the last year. Praying they will change their minds about this it’s a huge mistake

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

For some reason RD’s put a lot of pressure to go to poa, even tho some did virtual?! From what I hear the virtual went really well too. Is it bragging rights or something to have your people attend meetings?! I think the best thing to do is go directly to HR. If you tell your RD they’ll pressure you to attend and then just lie to upper management and say all their people want to go to the meeting. It’s happened in more than 1 region for poa.

the most recent RD’s are a joke. I wonder how they even manage to tie their own shoes let alone manage a team of people.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

People need to calm down. Some of you are working us right out of a job. How long can the company keep paying us to sit home? I understand that some of you are content collecting a check and getting on a video call periodically. Some of you are never going to be comfortable because you enjoy staying home and getting paid. This can’t last forever. #gobacktowork

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Umm. Yeah hopefully this DOESN'T last forever. Was it cool at first working from home? Yeah it was kind of fun. But I think most people are eager to get back to real life when it’s safe to do so. But traveling to Texas in 2 months? I don’t think so. No one is saying they don’t want to work but we certainly don’t need to be in a meeting room with 30-40 people right now in one of the worst states in the country. Oh and have a roommate probably. After the majority of us have to get on a plane or 2 to get there. That’s just stupid and completely unnecessary and irresponsible.

So don’t get it twisted. Let’s see your next clever hashtag.

And if Supernus isn’t ok with reps working from home, knowing there isn’t a ton we can do every day, then don’t offer it and then push ride days and a national meeting.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don't have a problem attending. I do have a problem boarding a plane destined for one of the hottest spots in the country. I do have a problem lodging in a hotel in one of the hottest spots in the country. As far as "not wanting to work" I am certain I do more for this company working from home everyday than you do in a week.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

if this is an RD just remember, you bring ZERO value to the company. If this is a smart ass rep, you are an idiot. Gathering 300 plus people in a hotel lobby is literally the worst thing that could happen.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No No you’ve got it all wrong! They are going to split us up into 2 groups of 150 each when we get together for lunch and stuff. Cuts the risk of infection in half lol

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why not just run the NSM in a POA format broken down by region? This seems to make more sense from a safety standpoint. Conduct 3 day regional meetings. This will avoid employees having to board a plane.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is the answer Supernus

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don’t forget, you’re going to have a roommate

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They actually did say we would all be getting our own room at the NSM. But still, it is very risky to get that many people together right now (in a hot spot area much less). Although Supernus may try to follow all the necessary precautions it’s going to be impossible to keep that many people 6ft apart and wearing masks all day everyday for a week. It just doesn’t make sense. People were SHOCKED when I said I had an in-person meeting this past week. No other company is doing that right now. And certainly not pushing us to “just show up” at offices who aren’t allowing reps currently due to COVID, as our manager was pushing at the POA. My manager was also quick to answer “yep! All the reps here prefer an in person NSM” when I hadn’t even answered yet. Very frustrating.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow, you all are in the field and planning a national meeting? Remember before anyone goes to HR that they are not for the employee, HR is for the protection of the company.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The cost of the meeting is going to be stupid high. My wife just went through this as part of the planning with her pharma company.

Single rooms all around.
    No buffets means plated meals= higher costs and longer service times
    Increased needs for social distancing means we have to have 2-3x the meeting space we'd normally require. If we have 100 people, we'll need a room that holds 225 to facilitate social distancing.
    The meeting will likely need to be longer because of extended meal and break times and the need to space things out in breakouts, etc.
    Airfares are higher due to reduced flight options.

This is all being planned and considered now. And we'll get hit with all kinds of changes and adjustments up to and through the meeting.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is facts with any company. If you have a good relationship and trust your RD go there first.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes!!! RD’s are lying to upper management. What is the incentive behind that?!!! We have no voice.