National ViiV Sales Meeting during GSK layoffs

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, Sep 25, 2018 at 4:20 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We are told to be supporting GSK peers for layoffs and head to Denver for a nice event. Not cool. Not cool at all.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

especially since you guys are next!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I would smoke so much pot if we had a meeting in Denver. Then I would take edibles into general session and eat them like the Cookie Monster. Nom Nom Nom.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Awesome. Me too, I want to be high as a kite at this meeting. I know they are going to B.S us the whole time, and then slit our throats in the next couple of months. A ton of HIV layoffs coming.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We are next for layoffs—end of year my bet.

At with GSK a long while before coming over.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Several times after national meetings where we get the future is bright, no layoffs, bam it happens. Unfortunately will happen to ViiV.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Anyone who believes their “future is bright” talk is an idiot. We were told the future is bright with Juluca, and this drug SUCKS! Our future consists of more of the same. Take advantage at this meeting, eat well, screw a good looking chick, be merry.....because there is a good chance this is it.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

ALL TRUE. Remember last year how bright our future was with Juluca coming out? That dog don’t hunt, neither will any snake oil they sell us at this meeting. I’m going to drink like a fish, and eat like a king!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I heard they pushed back HIV layoffs until Q1, 2019. This is good, gives us more time to look. Most companies slow down hiring Q4, but increase in Q1. Good luck to all in your search.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Still looking to leave, why wait for the executioner?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow. Colleen resigned. Marlon retired. Going from 2 VPs to 1. Gonna be a fun ViiV meeting.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Real fun, but “there’s nothing to worry about here.” With the layoffs coming, all we need is 1 VP. This is a sure sign Pod’s will go from 3 down to 2 (at best).

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Colleen has 22yr with GSK and nobody bolt after that long unless they know the gig is up. She knew what was coming to ViiV. Gonna be a fun meeting in Colorado as we are given the 2DR “future is bright”. With crap sales of Juluca,loss of Triumeq and Tivicay sales layoffs help stock prices

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The sky is falling, and I ain’t Chicken Little!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pharma layoffs typically happen at end of year so the next year starts off fresh, energized, “right sized” and aligned with new yearly forecasts and budgets. I saw what a cluster fuck ViiV was and left after the Tri-u-yuk launch leveled off; i really just couldn't stand the manager - she rose to the level of her incompetence. I didn’t suffer her easily so I quit. Life post ViiV has been great. The economy is great and there are jobs for people willing to work. Better companies will be budgeting to hire for 2019 so go get the jobs - great time of year to look. Not that it matters but I think of my time at viiv as unpleasant and i wasted my time there. I hope to never again cater a lunch for 30 people every month just to get 2 minutes with a physician (with another rep and a manager in tow) So embarrassing to think i did that. Last one out shut the lights off!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is spot on. Get out before the lights are shut off for you!