Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Headhunter called.
    Sales rep position for their Neuro & Sleep Diagnostics division (recent acquisition: XLtek Product Line). Covers a large territory (50-75% travel). Existing business equates to a $150k per year payoff.

Not much on CP about Natus or its acquisitions. Any employees care to comment? Anybody from the competition care to offer their opinions? Anyone want to describe the Neuro & Sleep Diagnostics marketplace?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Depends on your territory and QOL on your manager.
    Great products and market share. You will need to have a large amount of Sleep Centers and orders for bigger EEG equipment--you're not going to get to your number with EMG and small stuff. Quotas are high but with one big order you can blow things out.
    If your manager is cool you will be fine. If he's tough (and there are some bad ones in the group) you could have a rough go!
    The travel is and can be a real bitch. At least two-three nights a week, again depends on your geography, etc. They pay all expenses and you can stay at nicer hotels and eat well.
    Do some research on your territory and then go for it! Good Luck

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can anyone provide feedback on working for the Pediatrics group? Are quota's obtainable? Good pay? How are the managers? What direction is the company heading? I am currently selling devices. How is the sales cycle?

Thanks!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is Natus' track record over the years for keeping managers/directors of their acquired companies? Consolidation of facilities?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any info from sales rep on this company?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hmm. Been doing my best to dig in and get feedback on both divisions, and it seems like a pretty good company/opportunity. Either this is the best kept secret in the device world, or they've done a good job at filtering what gets let out to the public.......

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What territory?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This company is the biggest joke on the planet. There is NO selling going on here. Only managing the replacement cycle of a lot of me too products. No one is buying this crap so they have to keep purchasing market share. MB and DK are worthless and have NO PLACE in leadership. How they ever got to where they are is a big mystery, but they need to go back to nursing and service and let someone with real talent run the organization.

Stay away. Stay far, far away!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Whenever you have an RN in management, especially sales mgmt, asking for trouble! She has no clue. Neither do the rest of their sales mgmt! Blind leading the deaf.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great company with opportunity to make 350k + as a rep if you work hard and have a good territory. Management is top notch. Neurology business continues to grow every year.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

$350,000 is rare, especially with the new commission plan. A good territory is definitely $200,000+ as long as its worked properly.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Speaking of Commission Plan......2014.....Ouch!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Speaking of Commission Plan......2014.....Ouch!

Yeah, but I'll take this one over last years debacle.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I I have heard good things from recruiters who do not recruit for Natus. I was contacted for a position in their neurology division. From what I can tell the territory hasn't been worked but is a large territory so I am assuming it isn't the best territory. can anyone give any feedback on this company? I am sure it is not a great position for capital sales in the acute care market if you are a tenured rep in capital sales, but if you don't have a lot of capital sales experience this seems like a good company where you can put in some hard work develop the territory, help beef up your resume and experience in capital sales? If the territory hasnt been worked, wouldn't that be some opportunity since the territory may have not been touched and if someone comes in with a good attitude and works hard to develop the territory it may be a good career move?

is there anyone out there who has worked for this company has heard other employees either current or ex that can give some advice on Natus and the ability to turn around a territory with hard work or is this company and market where no matter how hard you work it is tough to increase sales and eventually get cut no matter how hard you work? I I am desperately seeking advice and hoping someone can offer some career advice for taking a position in their neurology division.

I am having trouble trying to find much information about this company as opposed to many other companies where there are plenty of comments from a disgruntled or happy employees.any advice would be greatly appreciated whomever read this I hope you are having a wonderful day!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you have other options-don't do it. The recruiter that posted $350k is lying. $200k is not likely either. The products are very mediocre- nothing new in a long time from what I can tell with little if anything in the pipeline. But worst of all is the ENTIRE management team. They are very incompetent, are only out for themselves, and have no clue how to run a sales organization. They keep buying companies (like the one i worked for) with hopes that someone else will buy them but it still hasn't happened. . Every time they add a new company they add more quota to your number. It is challenging for any capital hospital sales right now regardless but even harder when there is nothing new to drive the replacement cycle. Don't bother.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are much worse jobs out there. The EEG/Sleep position is much more desirable than the EMG/Private Practice EEG position. Natus basically has a stronghold on the marketplace, so you have only one or two viable competitors.

At plan its a $175,000 - $200,000 job but hitting plan is tough. Management is also finding ways to punish the reps for hitting anything less than plan every quarter by shifting % payout lower and lower. The quotas are going up and the percentages down.

As a new rep, the guarantee is 3 months and laughable for a capital job. It's also very territory dependent. So do your research on whats in the pipeline, and make sure you have enough money to feed your family for the 1st 8 months. If you get through that initial phase, and learn the products/marketplace, you can do well. It's a good job as long as you have a decent territory.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Join if you like the blind leading the blind culture.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cant argue with that, but the top 2 Neuro reps did take home about $500K each last year. (They had ridiculous years). Anything under plan, you take a huge hit to your earnings. If you're over, you can make very good money.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Had enough of this.. numbers are ridiculous and the West Coast manager is just a pompous prick. Had enough of his narcissistic attitude. Especially since a few of my accounts have asked me to keep him out. What an ass. Shame the culture here isn't better, have enjoyed much of it.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Only time you've ever hated a BJ ;) And yes, the numbers have reached the point of crazy. Basically need a $1M deal or a couple 500K's to even get close.