Navigating the new message boards...how to get to a certain board

Discussion in 'How do I...' started by cafead, Jul 20, 2015 at 7:48 PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cafead

cafead Administrator
    Staff Member

We've appreciated the input from some of our users on issues they are having navigating and using the new board format. We plan on addressing these over the next few days and weeks by making adjustments to the board software when necessary, and by explaining in detail some of the features that already exist that may be somewhat different from what you were used to on the old software.

One of the biggest concerns of our users seems to be navigating to the board that they want. There are several ways to do this. First, when you come to the main board page (http://www.cafepharma.com/boards), you'll see a list of different board categories, just like on the old format. Click on any category to see a list of available boards. As you click through the different boards, you'll notice the breadcrumbs near the upper left of the boards. For instance, when reading or making a post in this board, the breadcrumbs look like this:
    [​IMG]
    You can click on any of the items to jump there. Meaning you can go to the home page, the main forums listing page, the general discussion category page, or the main "How Do I" forum page by clicking on the specific breadcrumb.

Another way to navigate the boards to get to a specific board is to click on "site nav" link near the top right of the boards. Here you'll find an easy way to scroll through all available categories/boards, and click through to the one you want.

If you have previously bookmarked any boards from cafepharma, we do recommend you update those bookmarks now, as the URLs have changed slightly, and although we have redirects in place, there may be some cases where the redirect will not work.

We hope this helps you navigate the new boards a little better. Please post any additional questions you may have about the new format, and I will answer them in upcoming threads.

Thank you,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.