NCAA FOOTBALL 2012 WEEK 3 PICK EM!

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by BAMABOY, Sep 12, 2012 at 6:03 PM.

1. #1 BAMABOY, Sep 12, 2012 at 6:03 PM
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2012 at 11:43 PM
    BAMABOY

BAMABOY Well-Known Member

Welcome to Week 3 of NCAA FOOTBALL PICK EM! It's good to be back and to have another season of College Football about to begin to save us from Major League Baseball and other boring summer sports.

DIRECTIONS: I have attached and posted the USA Today Odds for these ten games and chose the "average," of all of the different odds making services that USA Today endorses. Please choose wisely and see if you will be the NCAA COLLEGE FOOTBALL PICKER for the week. This is only for bragging rights!

USA TODAY LINK: http://sportsdirect.usatoday.com/odds/usatoday/ncaaf.aspx

RULES: Summarized at bottom of page.

SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 15th

1. CALIFORNIA VS. OHIO STATE -17 FINAL: OHIO STATE 35 CAL 28

2. VIRGINIA TECH Vs. PITT +10 FINAL: PITT 35 Virginia Tech 17

3. ALABAMA Vs. ARKANSAS +21 FINAL: BAMA 52 Arkansas 21

4. TEXAS A&M VS. SMU +13 FINAL: Texas A&M 48 SMU 3

5. FLORIDA VS. TENNESSEE -3 FINAL: Florida 37 Tennessee 20

6. ARIZONA STATE VS. MIZZOU -6.5 FINAL: MIZZOU 24 Arizona 20

7. USC VS. STANFORD +8.5 FINAL: Stanford 21 USC 14

8. NOTRE DAME VS. MICHIGAN STATE -6 FINAL: Notre Dame 20 Michigan State 3

9. TEXAS VS. OLE MISS +10 FINAL: Texas 66 Ole Miss 31

10. BYU VS. UTAH +4 FINAL: Utah 24 BYU 21

PLEASE DOUBLE CHECK YOUR PICKS!!!

Please bold and underline Your PICKS!

NCAA FOOTBALL 2012 Leader Board

1. Tinkrbelle (13-11)

2. Fucktard (10-10)

3. Pale Horse, BAMABOY (10-14)

4. BroncoBoy (7-17)

5. Breaking News (2-10)

SUMMARIZED RULES:

1) Pickers who elect to remain anonymous are welcome, but must adopt an unregistered sport's board name (ie. BroncoBoy) to get due recognition for your picks. Please identify yourself with each post.

2) During regular season play all picks will be based on the "odds" or the "point" system reported by USA Today (SportsDirect) prior to the week's games. The "points" recognized will be the "points" displayed on posted "Pick-Em" schedule that will available for viewing 3-4 days in advance of the week's games. Should the "point" spreads change after the "Pick-Em" schedule is posted - the revised "points" shall not apply.

3) A player may change his pick selection at any point prior to game time with the original point spead

4) Not all NCAA Div. 1 games will make the weekly "Pick-Em" schedule. Only those major games of interest. We are going for quality here. Not quantity. Games with a 21 "point" spread or greater are highly discouraged. If a picker wants to add an unlisted game contact the interim coordinator BroncoBoy.

5) All pickers shall show respect and courtesy toward their fellow pickers. A competitive spirit is fine. But let's keep it clean and be friends. We don't want to evolve into vitriol and mean spiritness that got the poli board shut down. Be nice to one another.

6) In the event of a board dispute on operational matters - all disputes will be resolved by the majority. There are no kings or queens on this board who have the final say. We are a democracy - and the majority rules. If the majority is only 2 people - so be it.

7) Post-season play (bowl games) shall be based on straight picks and NOT the "point" system used during regular season play.

2. BAMABOY

There are only 10 games listed this week because there is not as many big match ups. I still listed BAMA Vs. Arkansas because it has not been officially reported by Arkansas that Tyler Wilson will not play.

I am trying to only list Saturday games so everyone has a chance to make their picks. South Florida Vs. Rutgers is tomorrow night and I did not list it. It is not really a major match up. I hope everyone will be alright with me only posting major-major Thursday Night Match Ups?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Selection options are limited for Week #3. I'm surprised there are so many lame games. You did the best you could, Bama. Thanks for your efforts.

If there is an important game on Thurs-Fri night I say list it, Bama. If someone misses an early game that's okay. They can always play the weekend games.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm glad you approve. I might have lost sleep tonight not knowing.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He wanted feedback, asshole.

I gave it to him.

6. Pale Horse

Pale Horse Guest

Cool down Bronc. He wants a bite. Only I argue w/ you.

7. Pale Horse

Pale Horse Guest

1. CALIFORNIA VS. OHIO STATE -17

2. VIRGINIA TECH Vs. PITT +10

3.ALABAMA Vs. ARKANSAS +21 (This is still a major match up. Tyler Wilson still might play in this game?)

4. TEXAS A&M VS. SMU +13

5. FLORIDA VS. TENNESSEE -3 (Best Game Of The Week!)

6. ARIZONA STATE VS. MIZZOU -6.5

7. USC VS. STANFORD +8.5

8. NOTRE DAME VS. MICHIGAN STATE -6

9. TEXAS VS. OLE MISS +10

10. BYU VS. UTAH +4 (THE HOLY WAR!)

8. #8 tinkrbelle, Sep 13, 2012 at 5:17 PM
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2012 at 5:21 PM
    tinkrbelle

tinkrbelle Well-Known Member

3. ALABAMA Vs. ARKANSAS +21 (This is still a major match up. Tyler Wilson still might play in this game?)---Bama better not disapoint!

4. TEXAS A&M VS. SMU +13

6. ARIZONA STATE VS. MIZZOU -6.5--Go Devils--Sparky

7. USC [/COLOR]VS. STANFORD +8.5--Go Trojans!

For next week Bama, maybe you should add other games even if the spread is huge, just to make things more interesting.

9. tinkrbelle

tinkrbelle Well-Known Member

I agree about Thurs-Fri games- only important. But maybe we should add some more on Sat with the bigger point spreads??

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think Week #3 is an aberration and as the season progresses we will see more competitive and interesting games. As I recall last year about halfway through the season we had 16 or more games per week. Early in the season it's typical for strong teams to play weak teams. Boring. Personally I don't like to pick games with spreads of 3 TD's or more.

Looking over all the USA Today oddsmaker games listed, I did not see one other game that I thought should be added. In fact, I think the Alabama-Arkansas game is a farce. If Arkansas comes within 20 points of beating Alabama I question Alabama's #1 ranking. I knew that Arkansas was a loser team in 2012 before they even played UL Monroe.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bronco needs a big week to bring that average up. If I go 10 for 10 it puts me at an even .500 for the season. It's time to make a move. No one has ever had a perfect score on CP PICK 'EM. It's time somebody stepped up to the plate. If not me, then maybe ______________ (fill in blank) will do it. Come on, folks. It's not like winning the lotto or something. Let's get a perfect score from someBODY this year!

Good luck to all!

Sat. 9/15

1. CAL vs. Ohio State -17 [Reasons already provided. Cal coach needs this one to save his job. CAL runs hot and cold. I'm betting they'll be hot on Sat. OSU has not been tested yet. No real indication of OSU dominance in 2012. CAL might not win but will beat the 17 pt. spread]

2. Virginia Tech vs. Pitt +10 [Last meeting in 2003 Pitt won by 3. VTech has a long memory. Pitt sucks this year. I say VTech beats them bloody in front of their loyal fans. Stadium will be practically empty half way through the 4th quarter]

3. Alabama vs. Arkansass +21 [No love lost between these 2 SEC brothers. Perfect opportunity for Bama to run the boards on them. Arkansass is a joke. They should cancel the rest of their schedule rather than embarrass the hell out of their home state. Maybe when the accused felons return next year it will be an improved team]

4. Texas A&M vs. SMU +13 [Baylor beat SMU by over 30. If Texas A&M is half as good as Baylor they'll beat the +13 spread. A&M lost to Florida but only by 3. They need this one to save face in the SEC]

5. Florida vs. Tennessee -3 [Florida beat Tenn by 10 in 2011. Who has Tenn played so far in 2012? Ga St. and NC State. Hasn't been tested. Florida showed some talent in the A&M game. I'll go with proven strength even if the game is in Tennessee. This will be a close one tho]

6. Arizona State vs. Mizzou -6.5 [I think they got the spread backasswards on this one. AZ St. will be the team to beat - yes - even at Mizzou. AZ St. QB Taylor has a 77% completion rate. Georgia slapped down Mizzou by over 20. Not saying Mizzou is a bad team. In fact, I like Mizzou. Only saying that AZ St. is a better team this year. This one is a clean win for AZ St. It is going to be a banner year in the PAC 12. Watch and learn]

7. USC vs. Stanford +8.5 [Stupid spread. Who makes this crap up? Stanford stadium will look like a slaughterhouse by the time this one is over]

8. Notre Dame vs. Michigan State -6 [Another stupid spread that should be reversed. Mich St. barely made it past Boise at home. ND is prone to mistakes tho. As long as they play a clean game ND wins. I hope Coach Kelly plays Tommy Rees as QB. He won last weeks game. Soph. QB Golson is okay but I think he cracks under the pressure in Mich. State's backyard. Tommy is cool as a cumcumber. He's no Hanratty, Montana or Theisman - but I think he gets the job done. Plus I like the guy because he tried to outrun the cops. Ballsey for a white boy]

9. Texas vs Ole Miss +10 [Texas has played 2 powerhouses so far in 2012: Wyoming and New Mexico / sarc. Totally untested. Ole Miss beat UTEP by 18. I say Ole Miss beats the spread and may even give us the upset of the week here at home]

10. BYU vs. Utah +4 [Utah's starting QB Wynn is out for the season. Backup has a 46% completion rate. Utah kicked BYU's ass by 44 in 2011. Left a real bad taste in their mouths. This one will be remembered as "Revenge at Black Rock". Utah gets creamed at home.

12. #12 BAMABOY, Sep 14, 2012 at 4:34 PM
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2012 at 4:36 PM
    BAMABOY

BAMABOY PICKS:

1. CALIFORNIA VS. OHIO STATE -17 (I hope I don't regret this but I just want to be different. Everyone picked CAL..)

3. ALABAMA Vs. ARKANSAS +21 (Tide will Roll with Tyler Wilson being out. Bronco was right, Arky is was way over rated and over hyped.)

4. TEXAS A&M VS. SMU +13

5. FLORIDA VS. TENNESSEE -3 (Sorry Fuckie, even the sun shines on a dog's ass every once in awhile. It is very hard for me to pick the big orange as a BAMA fan. No disrespect this was a tough decision.)

6. ARIZONA STATE VS. MIZZOU -6.5 (Mizzou pulls it together and represents the SEC!)

7. USC VS. STANFORD +8.5 (This is a gimmie for all of us. I can't believe this is less than a 14 point spread?)

8. NOTRE DAME VS. MICHIGAN STATE -6 (Notre Dame has a tough schedule and this is where it starts to show.)

9. TEXAS VS. OLE MISS +10 (Hottie Totty!- I am with Bronco on this one!)

13. libluvsbukkake

libluvsbukkake Well-Known Member

It's the best coach of my lifetime from Michigan State, versus about the worst (all deference to Muddy Waters and Bobby (we call him Sobby) Williams. John L's head may explode, after Nick puts up 28 in the First Quarter.

14. OSU -17 Cal will pay for the PAC 10's dominance of Big 10 last week.
    V Tech -10 Competition is weak this week for Hokie Dokies
    Arkansas +21 Because Bama is not 3 touchdowns better.
    SMU +13 A&M shouldn't be favored by this many over anyone.
    Tennessee -3 Vols will surprise all season. Gators suck.
    Ariz. State +6.5 Wrong team favored here.
    Southern Cal -8.5 Stanford in disarray. Whole new ball game for Cardinal this year.
    N.D. +6 Sparty will be good towards the end of the season though.
    Ole Miss +10 Again...wrong team favored here.
    BYU -4 This is the easiest pick of the week. BYU by 24 points plus.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Welcome aboard, Night Train. Good luck.

16. BAMABOY

Thanks for playing this week Night Train. Please remember to bold and underline your picks. It makes it easier on me when I check your picks. I really hope your Buckeyes cover the spread tomorrow. 17 is whole lot of points?

17. Breakingnews

Breakingnews Well-Known Member

I probably can't do any worse than last week . . .

SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 15th

3. ALABAMA Vs. ARKANSAS +21

4. TEXAS A&M VS. SMU +13

5. FLORIDA VS. TENNESSEE -3

7. USC VS. STANFORD +8.5

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

:cool:

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Shit, if it wasn't for those Big 10 hometown refs in Ohio CAL would be beating the buckeyes. As it stands they're down 13 going with a minute left in the half. Tedsford should protest some of those calls. Pure bullshit. No way should Big 10 refs be officiating a non-conference game in the Buckeye's back yard.

19. Fucktard

Fucktard Well-Known Member

SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 15th

3. ALABAMA Vs. ARKANSAS +21 (This is still a major match up. Tyler Wilson still might play in this game?)

4. TEXAS A&M VS. SMU +13

7. USC VS. STANFORD +8.5

I just woke up. I have no idea if I am late on any games or not. I went to a great party last night that went on way too late.....Go Gators!

20. libluvsbukkake

libluvsbukkake Well-Known Member

MSU/ND will be close, it usually is. Bama may not be three TDs better Mr. Lane, but their coach is. Nick is a great preparer. John L. Is a dumbass Hayseed.