NCAA FOOTBALL WEEK 11 PICK EM!!!

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by BAMABOY, Nov 7, 2012 at 4:33 PM.

1. Fucktard

Fucktard Well-Known Member

Going forward, I think a push should not be counted as a win. When you push while playing blackjack, no one wins. The pick or bet should be removed from the total # of Ws and Ls. Just my opinion.

2. Breakingnews

Breakingnews Well-Known Member

Hey, Bam . . .

Sorry to see your Tide go down - I still think they are the best team in the country. I haven't made any picks in recent weeks, but I will be back to close out the season. You do a great job running this thread!

BTW, I am a Notre Dame fan and also think that the Irish will go down vs. USC. Notre Dame being good again and in the mix is good for college football, just like having Ohio St., Oklahoma, Michigan, Florida and other 'traditional' powers in the top 20. The Irish will be National Champs within the next 2-3 yrs as Brian Kelly has turned the program around. Notre Dame is alot like the NY Yankees - You either love them or hate them, but either way they are good for the sport overall - Trust me, I know - I am a Red Sox fan also!

:cool:

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I say let's just give everyone a 'win' for the tie. It's not really going to make any difference on the LeaderBoard whether you scratch the game or give everyone a win. So no material change there. Let's get this done and post the official scores so I can post the LeaderBoard, okay?

4. #104 BAMABOY, Nov 12, 2012 at 7:06 PM
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2012 at 7:13 PM
    BAMABOY

BAMABOY Well-Known Member

I already updated the weekly final. I definitely agree it's more of a positive thing to give everyone a tie/push game. Please post the latest leaderboard when you can. Thanks!

Note: To give everyone the tie/push also makes it easier on me when I check everyone's picks on Sunday.

5. BAMABOY

Thanks Breaking News! It's good to see you come back and make some picks. We were wondering where you went? I thought you were a Clemson fan as well?

I know I have ranted about Notre Dame before but they are good for college football. Brian Kelly is an incredible coach. It has been a very big job to get Notre Dame back to consistently winning.

I really just wish Notre Dame would join a conference. College Football really needs 4-16 team super conferences. It will help College Football move closer to a playoff. You never know about what will happen here at the end of the year. Notre Dame could upset everyone and beat USC. You just never know?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

PICK 'EM LEADERBOARD THROUGH WEEK #11

We've entered the final stretch headed for the wire. And, oh man oh man, what a race it is! For the top 6 players the spread from the 1st place position to the 6th place position is only 6.5 percentage points. We've got 3 weeks left in the regular season. 2 full weeks and 1 week of conference playoffs (I think there are 4 major conferences with playoffs) and a few other rival teams that will square off. So now is the time to strategize. Those back in the pack need to take some risks and try to pick the upsets to gain ground. Those in the lead may want to play it safe (if there is such a thing in NCAA Football Pick 'Em). Each of you will have to decide which individual strategy will serve your interests best. Naturally, the goal for all of us is to be crowned King or Queen of NCAA Football Pick 'Em 2012/13.

I propose we have 3 crowns: Gold, Silver and Bronze. The Gold crown goes to the player who has the highest percentage of wins for the regular season and the bowl season combined. The Silver crown goes to the player with the highest percentage of wins in the regular season. And the Bronze crown goes to the player with the highest percentage of wins in the No-Spread Bowl Game Bonanza. Is it possible that one player could capture all 3 crowns? You bet it is. In that case we would all be required address that player as the 'Sir Emperor' or the 'Madam Empress' whenever we communicate with him or her in this season and throughout the 2013/14 season. And all players would be required to communicate the following message to the crowned Emperor/Empress at the end of this season: "My Beloved Emperor/Empress, I am unworthy to kneel in your presence to give you praise and honor for your superb performance in NCAA Football Pick 'Em 2012/13. I beseech thee to grant forgiveness for any offense that I may have inflicted upon you during the past season. For you are the greatest of them all." If no one wins the Emperor/Empress award in 2012/13 - we must address the King or Queen with the Gold Crown as "King" or "Queen" in all future communications through the 2013/14 season. (ie. Queen Fucktard, Queen Tinkrbelle, King BamaBoy, King White Trash, etc...) Fair enough?

As far as individual players go, Fucktard is still the leader by .3%. This is literally a nose to nose race between Fucktard and Tinker as we race to the finish. BroncoBoy remains in 3rd position just under the 50% win mark. But the biggest news is that White Trash has moved into 4th position in his first week in the Premium Group, only about a percentage point behind Bronco. White Trash has really made a bigtime move in the last couple weeks.

Play hard, but play clean and play smart. Good luck to all in Week #12.

1. FUCKTARD: (59-57) + (10-5) = (69-62) (52.7%) (89.1%) [Fuckie still holds the lead. Tinker gained a mere .1% on Fuckie in Week #11. These two fillies are in a knock-down, drag-out dogfight to the finish. Who will gain the advantage in Week #12? Too close to call.]

2. TINKRBELLE: (65-64) + (11-5) = (76-69) (52.4%) (98.6%) [Tink does not like being #2. And she does not like Fuckie trying to steal her thunder either. Tink had an excellent score in Week #11. So she does not intend to slow the pace as she tells Fuckie "You ain't seen nothin' yet. Catch me if you can, girl."]

3. BRONCOBOY: (63-68) + (10-6) = (73-74) (49.6%) (100%) [Bronco stays in 3rd position but sees White Trash making a big move on the inside. Bronco knows he has to turn in a outstanding performance in Week #12 to challenge the leaders.]

4. WHITE TRASH: (43-52) + (11-5) = (54-57) (48.6%) (75.5%) [And here comes White Trash into the neighborhood! Watch out, BroncoBoy! White Trash is sneakin' up from behind! And he's no run of the mill White Trash. That boy means business!]

5. PALE HORSE: (49-56) + (9-7) = (58-63) (47.9%) (82.3%%) [Pale got bumped into 5th by White Trash. But he's hangin' in there with a respectable 47.9%. Now it's time for Pale to make his move in Weeks #12, #13 and #14.]

6. BAMABOY: (58-73) + (10-6) = (68-79) (46.2%) (100%) [BamaBoy actually gained about 2 percentage points in Week #11. He's not done by a long shot. BamaBoy is a risk taker. Look for some big picks from this pony for the next 3 weeks.]

7. BREAKING NEWS: (29-48) + (NP) = (29-48) (37.6%) (52.4%) [The pressure to perform at the ranch was more trouble than it was worth. Breaking wants to return to the track. It's in his blood. Welcome back, Breaking! We look for good things from you in Week #12.]

8. NIGHT TRAIN LANE: (2-8) + (NP) = (2-8) (25%) (6.8%) [NTL, it would be nice for you to play the Bowl Games with us in December and January. You are eligible for that Bronze crown. It's just a one-shot deal. Think about it.]

* First percentage is % of correct picks of total picks by each player.

* Second percentage is % of games each picker has played of the total 147 games that have been posted in Week #1 through Week #11. Those who have not picked at least 75% of the total 147 games are in the sub-premium category and are not qualified to be on top of the leaderboard. However, sub-premium players can join the premium group by picking all the games from this point on, as long as they raise their % of total games picked to 75% or more.

7. Breakingnews

Breakingnews Well-Known Member

This would be the perfect year for a 4 team playoff - It can't come soon enough!

And, yes, ND should join a conference - The Big 10 is an obvious choice.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was just thinking - if I played on USC who would I want to beat worse? Notre Dame or Oregon? That rivalry between USC and ND goes back a long, long time. There's a lot of bad blood between those 2 teams. With Oregon? Not so much. UCLA? Hell yeah. But not Oregon.

Personally, I think USC would like to see a PAC 12 team in the national championship game just to give the PAC 12 conference a shot in the arm and some much needed noteriety.

So my thinking is that USC will play much harder and with more intensity against ND than against Oregon.

I think USC would much rather see Oregon in the national championship than Oregon.

Maybe that's stinkin' thinkin' on my part. But I don't think so.

Your thoughts?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oooops. I screwed that sentence up.

I think USC would much rather see Oregon in the national championship game than Notre Dame. (fixed).

10. #110 BAMABOY, Nov 13, 2012 at 11:34 AM
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2012 at 11:36 AM
    BAMABOY

You might be right but I really think Lane Kiffin wants to upset both teams. USC was pre-season #1 and had a Heisman contending QB. Now none of those things will come to pass so this season has been a major letdown. If USC could beat both teams it would really help end the season on a positive note. I just don't think USC is going to roll over and let Oregon have the win. Lane Kiffin is the kind of douche bag that would relish being the PAC-12 spoiler.

It is going to be tough for Oregon to play USC again. I think Oregon is a better team but as we saw in the NC last year when a team you have already beaten has a second shot at you, watch out.

You are right about Notre Dame being a bigger rival though. USC Vs. Notre Dame has a long history and it is not very often we see ND beat USC. This could be their year. They just have to beat that juggernaut of a team called Wake Forrest first!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I look at it this way, Bamaboy. I'm going to assume that the USC players despise Kiffin and his arrogance as much as we do. I truly don't think that many of the players really give a shit what Kiffin wants or doesn't want. Especially the seniors who have been around him for awhile with no pro potential. And these ball players in the PAC 12 all know one another very well. I'm sure that Oregon and USC players have known each other since high school and gone to football camps, etc... together. They've probably formed tight friendships. I even noticed during their last game that players from USC and Oregon were helping their opponents off the ground after the play was over. And with all the intensity in the Oregon 62-51 victory I never saw any of the players mixing it up with one another after the play was over. No fights or personal fouls from shoving matches. I think there's a lot of respect between these 2 teams.

Okay, right now UCLA leads USC in the South division by a game. 5-2 to 5-3. They play next week. That game will decide who wins the division and who plays Oregon for the conference title. The following week USC plays ND and UCLA plays Stanford. But it's not going to matter who wins or loses those games with regard to the conference. The big game (USC/UCLA) is NEXT WEEK. That game will be the decider.

And USC is practically guaranteed some Bowl game as Arizona is the 3rd place team in the South Division with a 3-4 conference record and a 6-4 overall record.

So my analysis is that the USC players will go heavy on UCLA and ND - and go lite on their buddies from Oregon who they would like to see go to the NC game and win on January 7.

Let's face it, Bama. All it takes is just one player in the defensive secondary to miss his assignment or miss a saving tackle at a critical juncture of the game for Oregon to win. And you're naive as hell if you think that stuff doesn't happen in the real world.

It would be different if USC really had something to lose. Like if both Oregon and USC were ranked in the BCS top 5. But they don't.

My guess is that USC beats UCLA and ND bad and then loses to Oregon.

That's my take.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is the way that I see it. Right now the oddsmakers have USC as a 4 point underdog to UCLA this weekend. IMO that's a gimme. Come on. Who has UCLA beat so far? Nebraska by 6? Whooptadoo. They lost to Oregon St by 7 and they lost to (of all teams) Cal 43-17. All the other teams they've played have been losers. If you choose UCLA this weekend you got rocks in your head.

Ok. So USC beats UCLA and Oregon beats Stanford. That moves USC from #18 in the BCS to #16. Now, ND will beat Wake Forest and remain at #3 in the BCS. The following week ND has to be the favorite over USC in the polls - otherwise the BCS standings are a total farce (which we already know). If ND is such a powerhouse the point spread should be at least 6. That game will be another gimme. Pick USC.

Now, K-State plays unranked 4-5 Baylor this Saturday. Even if K-State beats Baylor once Oregon rolls over #13 8-2 Stanford the Ducks will the bunny hop over top K-State and capture the #1 BCS spot. If not, we know the BCS system is totally rigged, especially since K-State only beat Iowa St. by 6, Oklahoma by 5 and TCU by 13. Oregon has averaged 54 points a game for 10 games. heh.

So that's where we stand in the race for the top. Alabama still has an outside chance for the NC game. But 2 of the top 3 ranked teams must lose games in the next 3 weeks for Alabama to have a chance. I think ND goes down for sure. 30% chance Oregon goes down. 20% chance K-State goes down.

That's the word from the cheap seats.

13. BAMABOY

Today I was listening to College Sports Nation on Sirius/XM and a local sports writer in Eugene was being interviewed. He said that the Ducks are really beat up on defense. I know they have an explosive offense but if they can't keep USC or Stanford's offenses off the field those two games might not be gimmies.

You made a good point about those USC and Oregon players being good friends. They all come from Southern Cal so I am sure they know each other very well. You are right about those USC player's having no love for Kiffin. If they do beat Oregon it won't be for Kiffin. As far as giving Oregon the win if things get close? It's certainly possible.

I think Texas might give K.State a good game or even upset. They only have loses to Oklahoma and a very close loss to West Virginia.

BAMA still has Georgia coming up for the SEC Championship Game. Georgia is (9-1) BAMA will have two weeks to prepare since next week BAMA they play Auburn. Aaron Murray is a really good QB and Georgia has really looked good here at the end of the season.

I am sure there will be more BCS drama for us to enjoy these last few weeks.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There have been some Oregon injuries on defense with several starters either out for the season or on the 'questionable' list. So Oregon has had to rely on backups. But if you noticed, the oddsmakers have Oregon favored by over 20 points on Saturday. WOW! Remember, Stanford is #13 in the BCS!!! The the Vegas boys say the Ducks beat them by nearly 3 TD's!!! I don't know whether I would take that bet. I believe Oregon will beat Stanford. But by 3 TD's??? Hmmm. I'll have to think that one over.

If Texas beats K-State (possible - 50% chance) and USC beats ND (very possible - 75% chance) - then Alabama is in the NC game against Oregon as long as the Ducks can finish off USC in the conference championship - which I think they will.

You heard it first here!!!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bama will not beat the DAWGS, anything other than Oregon vs an SEC team will be a sham and not worth watching.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The BCS is biased against west coast teams. It will force the Ducks to win their next 3 games for a place in the NC game. Even if there were no teams with perfect records at the end of the season and the Ducks went 12-1 the BCS would put some inferior team like Notre Dame in the NC game in front of Oregon.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Could someone please explain to me why 7-3 Wisconsin is favored to beat 10-0 Ohio State in Week #12? I understand that OSU is under sanctions - but for Christ sakes - the Buckeyes are ranked #6 in the AP and Wisconsin's not even in the top 25!!! WTF??? And the oddsmakers favor Wisconsin? Either the oddsmakers are f'ed up or the AP poll is f'ed up. I guess we'll find out which one is more f'ed up on Saturday.

And why is the Tide playing such a shitty team like Western Carolina (1-9) at the end of the season? Aren't the cupcakes supposed to get scheduled at the beginning of the season? And Bama has had their fair share of cupcakes in 2012. Unfortunately Bama did meet up with A&M which put a crimp in their season. Had they beat A&M the Tide would have been home free. But they're darn lucky they aren't playing Stanford, Oregon State and USC back to back. How many teams in the nation could survive that hat trick? Few, if any. I don't even know whether Oregon can get past those 3 teams back to back.

18. BAMABOY

BAMA just played LSU and Texas A&M back to back that is no easy feat. If Auburn did not suck this year BAMA would have a very tough in-state rivalry opponent.

I think BAMA can beat Georgia but it just depends which BAMA shows up? BAMA has 2 cupcakes to rest and prepare for the SEC Championship.

I guess Oregon has three tough opponents back to back to back to balance out the cupcakes they had the first 3 games of the season. (Arky State, Fresno & Tennessee Tech).

19. Fucktard

Fucktard Well-Known Member

Good job defending Bama's schedule, and pointing out Oregon's cupcakes. Everyone has cupcakes. One or 2 in the beginning of the year, and then usually one for Homecoming.