NCAA FOOTBALL WEEK 13 PICK EM! RIVALRY WEEK!!

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by BAMABOY, Nov 21, 2012 at 12:27 AM.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You gave Bronco the change? You broke your own rules?

2. BAMABOY

BAMABOY Well-Known Member

Bronco made a second post from his original picks before the Stanford Vs. UCLA game. The player is not allowed to change or edit the original pick post. As long as the player makes a second post before game time changing a pick then the pick is valid.

Where Bronco screwed up was picking the ACC straight up three times against the SEC. :)

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think BroncoFraud must be behind those absurd posts. Sour grapes. He sits on the sidelines seething in anger because authentic Bronco kicked his butt in Pick 'Em. :D

And BamaBoy - honestly, I don't pick teams based on what conference they originate from. I pick them based on their prior history (who they played), the outcome of their games, injuries and how wide or narrow the spread is. And sometimes I go on gut feeling. 11-7 is a pretty fair score. I'll take it.

And congratulations to you for your champ of the week 12-6. I was waiting for you to excel. Your knowledge of the game does not reflect your current position on the Pick 'Em board. But the 12-6 score will certainly help you in the standings. Again, congratulations. I expect big things from you in the No-Spread Bonanza Bowl. You should be in the running for a bronze crown at the end of the season. Maybe a gold crown if you really kick ass on the bowl games. But you would have to have nearly a perfect score.

The LeaderBoard will be revised and posted later tonight.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You may pick a Thursday Night Game and make the rest of your picks before 11:00 AM SATURDAY EASTERN TIME!!

What does Before 11am mean? Nothing?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

F off.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LeaderBoard through Week #13

Well, Week #13 has ended with a firm leader in the race: Fucktard by 2 lengths. But there is one week of regular season play left to go. It's unknown at this time how many games Week #14 will give us. Only BamaBoy knows that. But one thing is for sure. This race ain't over until the first pony crosses that old finish line and trots over to the winner's circle. And that won't happen until Week #14 comes to a close. So don't rip up your wagering tickets quite yet.

Big news this week is that our Pick 'Em Moderator BamaBoy kicked ass with a 12-6 score. It moved him up a full 2 percentage points past White Trash into 5th and only a percentage point behind Pale Horse. Congrats, BamaBoy!

White Trash went for broke and crashed. All the other 5 ponies did quite well for the week. All well above .500 which is a real group accomplishment. Nice going, ponies!

Week #14 is it for the regular season. Whoever wins will be awarded the Silver King or Queen's crown. We will have a little ceremony after the final game is played. Dress is business casual. Open bar. Leave your attitudes at home. Whoever wins will get a champion's welcome. Auld lang syne.

Remember, we have 3 crowns this season. The Gold crown goes to the overall King or Queen who has the highest percentage of correct picks for the regular season and the bowl season combined. The Silver crown, of course, goes to the King or Queen of the regular season. And the Bronze crown goes to the King or Queen of the bowl season.

All those players who did not complete the regular season (NTL and Breaking News) - or new players who want to try and strut their stuff at No-Spread Bonanza Bowl Pick 'Em are welcomed to compete for the Bronze crown.

1. FUCKTARD: (77-68) + (11-7) = (88-75) (55%) (89%) [Well Fucktard, my little pretty, don't get too cocky yet. We still have one week to go. And a lot can happen in one week. You could pull a hamstring in the final 100 yards and Tinker is not far behind. It ain't over 'til it's over. But you had a good week and it gave you a nice comfort zone. Keep your eye on that finish wire and don't blow it now.]

2. TINKRBELLE: (84-76) + (10-8) = (94-84) (52.8%) (98.9%) [Tink, now is the time you give it all you got left. Bust hump. Fucktard could slip up in all her cockiness and you could edge her out by a nose at the wire. Don't give up, old girl. Where there's a will there's a way!]

3. BRONCOBOY: (81-81) + (11-7) = (92-88) (51.1%) (100%) [Bronco ran well in Week #13 and gained over a percentage point. The problem is that Fuckie and Tinker ran well too so Bronco didn't gain much ground. It's not going to be easy to catch Fuckie or Tink in Week #14. But Bronco will do what he can.]

4. PALE HORSE: (58-63) + (10-7) = (68-70) (49.3%) (76.7%) [Pale had a good week and jumped over White Trash into 4th position. With a good score in Week #14 Pale could reach that elusive 50% mark. Can Pale still catch the BroncoBoy. Yes, but it's a remote possibility. Bronco would really have to fuck up. But bring it if you can, Pale.]

5. BAMABOY: (75-87) + (12-6) = (87-93) (48.3%) (100%) [BamaBoy is this week's golden boy with a 12-6 score. I knew we couldn't count him out. Bama leaped into 5th position. Unfortunately Bama got a late start. But Bama can still catch Pale and take 4th position with only a percentage point separating them. The bookies have BamaBoy as the 2-1 favorite in No-Spread Bonanza Bowl Pick 'em for the Bronze crown tho. Let's see if the bookies know their stuff.]

6. WHITE TRASH: (61-65) + (7-11) = (68-76) (47.2%) (80%) [Damn, White Trash. All the white folk on the wrong side of the railroad tracks were cheering you on in Week #13 and you let them down. You coulda been somebody, man. But you went for broke and lost. Oh well, you can still get a piece of that Bronze crown for the bowl games and become a hero to white trash everywhere from coast to coast. You'll be famous in every shantytown in America!

7. BREAKING NEWS: (29-48) + (NP) = (29-48) (37.6%) (42.8%) [Breaking News was scratched from the race for undisclosed reasons. Rumor has it that he hooked up with NTL at the local watering hole and the rest is history. We sure hope that Breaking News returns for the No-Spread Bonanza Bowl Pick-'Em race in December though. However, just a head's up, Breaking. We do BAC testing 2 hours prior to race time.]

8. NIGHT TRAIN LANE: (2-8) + (NP) = (2-8) (25%) (5.5%) [NTL, don't be a bad influence on Breaking News. He's just a kid. Throw him out of that watering hole a couple days before No-Spread race day and tell him not to come back without a win. Better yet. Why don't you bring him down to the track yourself in December and both of you can run with the rest of us ponies. Deal? A Bronze crown is up for grabs. You could start the new year a damn hero.]

* First percentage is % of correct picks of total picks by each player.

* Second percentage is % of games each picker has played of the total 180 games that have been posted in Week #1 through Week #11. Those who have not picked at least 75% of the total 180 games are in the sub-premium category and are not qualified to be on top of the leaderboard. However, sub-premium players can join the premium group by picking all the games from this point on, as long as they raise their % of total games picked to 75% or more.

7. tinkrbelle

tinkrbelle Well-Known Member

I was watchig the same game-- I think after beating USC, UCLA didn't care much about if they beat Stanford, but I just dont think they threw the game on purpose. The might have not had as good of a fight as against SC their arch rivals.

8. tinkrbelle

Congrats BamaBoy on your win this week. We shall see how goodthe SEC really is in the bowl games!!!
    and Kiffen should be fired next for his sucky play calls.

9. tinkrbelle

They should give out a media "hard luck" award to those players with sob stories and reserve the Heisman for those truly great players.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We agree to disagree.

Btw, the LeaderBoard has been submitted. It's currently in moderation and should post soon.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cheater

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sore loser! :)

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just checked next week's games and there are about 20 of them. So we should have a full schedule of games for Week #14. That means that this race is not over by a long shot. It's very possible for a player to gain 3 or 4 percentage points in one week!

So Ms. Fucktard, if you think you got this race for the regular season in the bag don't count your chickens before they're hatched. The Silver Queen's crown doesn't have your name on it yet!!!

Go for it, Tink!!! You're still in the race for a win!!!

And to both Fuckie and Tink - watch out for BroncoBoy. If you think BroncoBoy is only good for a show - you'd better think twice!!! :)

14. Pale Horse

Pale Horse Guest

I go hunting over the weekend and controversy breaks out! What did you do Bronco?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you sure that you're not Mr. Sour Grapes, Pale?

Some guy got an itch in his jock strap over me changing my Stanford/UCLA pick prior to game time. He must have a damn anal personality or something. How the hell could I possibly cheat if I changed my pick a full day in advance of the kickoff? Who the F does he think I am? Edgar Cayce? Naturally had Stanford lost the asshole would've been quiet as a church mouse.

16. Pale Horse

Pale Horse Guest

Let's see, I can either go hunting Thanksgiving weekend like I've done every year since I was young or stay home and pester you. Gosh this would be a tough decision.

17. BAMABOY

BAMABOY Well-Known Member

Pale, You missed a little bitch fight between BroncoBoy and BroncoFraud. BroncoFraud accused BroncoBoy of cheating because he changed a pick before game time (Stanford Vs. UCLA). BroncoBoy did the right thing by posting his changed pick in a new post and not editing his original post.

It was kind of fun to watch them banter back and forth. It was like two little kids on the play ground who popped each other in the mouth and ran off in different directions crying for their Daddy (me).

So did you bag a big ole buck this weekend? Do you hunt up in North Alabama or go to Tennessee?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What do you hunt? Horntailed Poontang on the bad side of the tracks??? heh. :)

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with Tinker. The NCAA should create a new award for football. Call it the "Hard Luck Story" trophy. You know, like if some running back gets busted for smoking pot, gets suspended for a couple games and then makes a nice comeback....make him a candidate. Or if some player's mom dies and he scores a touchdown the next week...make him a candidate. Or if some kicker pulls a groin muscle and the next week kicks a 50 yarder in seething pain....make him a candidate.

But for Christ sakes. Don't merge the "Hard Luck Story" trophy with the "Heisman" trophy and dilute it's value!!!

The media has been making a huge story of this "Teo" who plays for ND the entire season. In their eyes he can't do a damn thing wrong. Sorry. I saw him get burned about 5 times against USC and nobody even mentioned it. The announcers were silent and the print media was silent afterwards too. But if he made one tackle - they talked about it for 5 minutes. That's horseshit. The media is manipulating the system to give the Heisman to "Teo". The NCAA should step in and put a stop to that shit. The media wants to create a huge story about a guy down on his luck who won the Heisman. It's all about selling advertising and turning a frog into a prince. I, for one, am damn tired of being manipulated by the f...ing media. They lie to me about Iraq. They lie to me about Afghanistan. They lie to me about the Federal budget. They lie to me about global warming. They lie to me about the Wall Street criminals. They lie to me Libya. Godddamit!!! I'm tired of being f....ing lied to!!!! I watch college football to get away from the f...ing lies and now the media is doing it's damndest to hookwink me there too!!! Sometimes I feel like crawling off into a f...ing hole away from civilization with my dog.

20. libluvsbukkake

libluvsbukkake Well-Known Member

Don't need Google for shit like that. I lived it, and know it. Mr. Lane and I are probably the only two who know who scored the winning Touchdown in the 1974 OSU/MSU game, when the Spartans upset the #1 Buckeyes.