NCAA FOOTBALL WEEK 7 PICK EM!

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by BAMABOY, Oct 10, 2012 at 6:59 PM.

1. #1 BAMABOY, Oct 10, 2012 at 6:59 PM
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2012 at 3:26 PM
    BAMABOY

BAMABOY Well-Known Member

Welcome to Week 6 of NCAA FOOTBALL PICK EM! This is a BIG WEEK with lots of MAJOR GAMES! I am posting 18 games this week because there are so many interesting match ups.

DIRECTIONS: I have attached and posted the USA Today Odds for these 12 games and chose the "average," of all of the different odds making services that USA Today endorses. Please choose wisely and see if you will be the NCAA COLLEGE FOOTBALL PICKER for the week. This is only for bragging rights!

USA TODAY LINK: http://sportsdirect.usatoday.com/odds/usatoday/ncaaf.aspx

RULES: Summarized at bottom of page.

SATURDAY OCT.13th

1. KANSAS STATE VS. IOWA STATE +7 ( KANSAS STATE 27 IOWA STATE 21)

2. IOWA VS. MICHIGAN STATE -10 (FINAL: IOWA 19 Michigan State 16)

3. TEXAS VS. OKLAHOMA -3 (FINAL: OKLAHOMA 63 TEXAS 21)

4. OREGON STATE VS. BYU -6 (FINAL: OREGON STATE 42 BYU 24)

5. ALABAMA VS. MIZZOU +21.5 (FINAL: BAMA 42 MIZZOU 10)

6. STANFORD VS. NOTRE DAME -7.5 (FINAL: NOTRE DAME 20 STANFORD 13)

7. WEST VIRGINIA VS. TEXAS TECH +3.5 (FINAL: TEXAS TECH 49 WEST VIRGINIA 19)

8. FLORIDA VS. VANDERBILT +8.5 (FINAL: FLORIDA 31 VANDY 17)

9. TCU VS. BAYLOR -9 (FINAL: TCU 49 BAYLOR 21)

10. USC VS. WASHINGTON +12.5 (FINAL: USC 24 WASHINGTON 14)

11. SOUTH CAROLINA VS. LSU -2.5 (FINAL: LSU 23 SOUTH CAROLINA 21

12. TENNESSEE VS. MISSISSIPPI STATE -2.5 (FINAL: MISS STATE 41 TENNESSEE 31)

DOUBLE CHECK YOUR PICKS!!!

SUMMARIZED RULES:

1) Pickers who elect to remain anonymous are welcome, but must adopt an unregistered sport's board name (ie. BroncoBoy) to get due recognition for your picks. Please identify yourself with each post.

2) During regular season play all picks will be based on the "odds" or the "point" system reported by USA Today (SportsDirect) prior to the week's games. The "points" recognized will be the "points" displayed on posted "Pick-Em" schedule that will available for viewing 3-4 days in advance of the week's games. Should the "point" spreads change after the "Pick-Em" schedule is posted - the revised "points" shall not apply.

3) You cannot edit your picks before or during game time. Do not edit your picks when scoring yourself.. Please post a new thread scoring your picks.

4) Not all NCAA Div. 1 games will make the weekly "Pick-Em" schedule. Only those major games of interest. We are going for quality here. Not quantity. Games with a 21 "point" spread or greater are highly discouraged. If a picker wants to add an unlisted game contact the interim coordinator BroncoBoy.

5) All pickers shall show respect and courtesy toward their fellow pickers (BRONCOBOY!). A competitive spirit is fine. But let's keep it clean and be friends. We don't want to evolve into vitriol and mean spiritness that got the poli board shut down. Be nice to one another.

6) In the event of a board dispute on operational matters - all disputes will be resolved by the majority. There are no kings or queens on this board who have the final say. We are a democracy - and the majority rules. If the majority is only 2 people - so be it.

7) Post-season play (bowl games) shall be based on straight picks and NOT the "point" system used during regular season play.

2. tinkrbelle

tinkrbelle Well-Known Member

SATURDAY OCT.13th

1. KANSAS STATE VS. IOWA STATE +7

2. IOWA VS. MICHIGAN STATE -10

3. TEXAS VS. OKLAHOMA -3 (Texas State Fair-Red River Shoot Out!)

4. OREGON STATE VS. BYU -6

5. ALABAMA VS. MIZZOU +21.5---sorry BamaBoy--I just don't like the spread-- we'll see what the crimson tide is made of this weekend.

6. STANFORD VS. NOTRE DAME -7.5 (Does the luck of the Irish keep going?)just because Stanford's play is pissing me off!

7. WEST VIRGINIA VS. TEXAS TECH +3.5---wtf kind of spread is this???

8. FLORIDA VS. VANDERBILT +8.5 (Lots of people think this could be an interesting game)

9. TCU VS. BAYLOR -9

10. USC VS. WASHINGTON +12.5

11. SOUTH CAROLINA VS. LSU -2.5 (Can the Old Ball Coach pull out a win in Death Valley?)--Just because LSU really dissapointed last week-- they did not represent!

12. TENNESSEE VS. MISSISSIPPI STATE -2.5

3. tinkrbelle

Bama-- why no Thurs nite picks, like ASU?

4. BAMABOY

Arizona State Vs. Colorado +23

One of the main reasons is that both teams are not in the top 25 and there is over a 20 point spread. I think Arizona State is going to maul Colorado. The Buffaloes have not looked very good this season.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm surprised that you didn't post the Boise-Fresno State game.

Now if you wanted a game where the favorite has a good chance at getting knocked off - that would be it.

Boise is favored to win by about a TD. I'll tell you right now it's going to be a dog fight. Fresno has only lost to Oregon and Tulsa (by 1 point).

Coach Peterson and the boy better be at the top of their game on Saturday. Otherwise Fresno wins. Mark my words.

6. White Trash

White Trash Guest

1. KANSAS STATE VS. IOWA STATE +7

2. IOWA VS. MICHIGAN STATE -10

3. TEXAS VS. OKLAHOMA -3 (Texas State Fair-Red River Shoot Out!)

4. OREGON STATE VS. BYU -6

5. ALABAMA VS. MIZZOU +21.5

6. STANFORD VS. NOTRE DAME -7.5 (Does the luck of the Irish keep going?)

7. WEST VIRGINIA VS. TEXAS TECH +3.5

8. FLORIDA VS. VANDERBILT +8.5 (Lots of people think this could be an interesting game)

9. TCU VS. BAYLOR -9

10. USC VS. WASHINGTON +12.5

11. SOUTH CAROLINA VS. LSU -2.5 (Can the Old Ball Coach pull out a win in Death Valley?)

12. TENNESSEE VS. MISSISSIPPI STATE -2.5

7. Pale Horse

Pale Horse Guest

1. KANSAS STATE VS. IOWA STATE
    2. IOWA VS. MICHIGAN STATE
    3. TEXAS VS. OKLAHOMA
    4. OREGON STATE VS. BYU

5. ALABAMA VS. MIZZOU
    6. STANFORD VS. NOTRE DAME
    7. WEST VIRGINIA VS. TEXAS TECH
    8. FLORIDA VS. VANDERBILT

9. TCU VS. BAYLOR
    10. USC VS. WASHINGTON
    11. SOUTH CAROLINA VS. LSU
    12. TENNESSEE VS. MISSISSIPPI STATE

8. tinkrbelle

You loser, you just copied and pasted mine! I can tell by the colors.:mad:

9. tinkrbelle

Really??????

10. Pale Horse

Pale Horse Guest

....and I'm gonna do it every week too.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tink, I agree. It's sleazy. All you can do is hold your picks until right before game time.

And remember. You're free to change your picks at any time prior to the scheduled game time too.

Good luck.

12. Pale Horse

Pale Horse Guest

I'm sorry but it isn't against any one of your precious rules.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any allies you had left on this board are gone. This time you've shown your true colors. Tinker is probably the most tolerant player on the board. Now even she can't stand you.

I recommend "How to win friends and influence people" by Carnegie.

14. tinkrbelle

A true sportsman with honor you are. and actually it is quite an honor for you to think so highly of my picks that you would copy them, I never knew you thought that I was so brilliant.:p I willl just take this as the highest of compliments:D

15. tinkrbelle

Thank you for the support. I agree with you.
    You know what they say about someone who has to steal others ideas and copy them and try to pawn them off as their own?? -- only people of very low IQ would have to copy others. I am sure we have all worked with those sleazy reps who do nothing in the field, but when it comes time for those district meetings they copy your ideas and pretend they are their own-- I have even had DMs that have done that to me.

16. tinkrbelle

LOL!
    I don't think you should count PH scores until he can use his own brain for the picks.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think moderator BamaBoy should call for a vote to decide whether we should allow Pale's picks, Tink.

It was so blatantly obvious that Pale hijacked your picks. He used your format and even said afterwards that he would continue to do it.

Why is he so angry? Because he went 7-10 last week? Or is it because he sat out for a few weeks and ended up in the sub-premium group?

What's his problem? Why is he targeting you?

Have you two butted heads on other CP boards?

18. Pale Horse

Pale Horse Guest

I actually agreed w/ Tinks picks so I copied her. I was torn on the Bama deal and I may change that. I knew it would piss you off so I went ahead and copied.

Tink and I have no history. She has never done anything ugly to me.

You created out of thin air the sub-premium group. What you don't know is that NTL and I have health problems. I am finishing up yet another cancer treatment and can't always participate. I won't speak for NTL but don't put my friend in the sub-premium group just because you are full of yourself.

I get back to Bham tomorrow. I'm taking my wife to the Tutwiler for a romantic night. Bama and Mrs. Bama can come by for drinks and discuss it w/ me.

19. BAMABOY

I actually agree with a lot of Tinker's picks as well. I think the only one I disagree with her about is BAMA. I am not trying to copy her but some of the picks are rather easy to make. I am not implying that Tinker is not an awesome picker I just think we have some "gimmies" this week.

I didn't know Pale lived in Bham "The Ham" like me? October is the best month here in Bham, weather is perfect and football season is on!!

20. Pale Horse

Pale Horse Guest

Wrong BB. When you have Christmas this year w/ little BB you will change your mind. Take it from an old timer.