NCAA FOOTBALL WEEK 7 PICK EM!

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by BAMABOY, Oct 10, 2012 at 6:59 PM.

1. White Trash

White Trash Guest

I can agree to that but only becuse of your sanity. I trust Fucktard and know the thought to cheat never occured to her.

2. White Trash

White Trash Guest

common on in Tink there is plenty of room in the single wide. And yes that heart shape tub in the corner of the living room does make bubbles.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So far I have not seen anyone accuse anyone else of cheating. The game of football has rules - not because people are inherent cheaters - but because there needs to be some order to the game so that it does not turn into a free-for-all where anything goes and one team is given a total unfair advantage. It's the same for any contest. If you're playing a game of scrabble with your mom for fun and she plays "ZZYYXX" as a word - are you going to call her on it??? Of course you are. Why would Pick 'Em be any different?

Why can't you understand this? Surely you folks can be this daft?

4. BAMABOY

BAMABOY Well-Known Member

Yes you are right Pale went (6-6). Pale copied Tinkr's picks first then made his own picks. That just confused me because I looked at both of them. The new rule not allowing people to change their picks will help out with this type of confusion. I do agree that if a player wants to make a Thursday Night pick then make the rest of their picks then that is cool with me. I just don't want people editing their original Pick Em' posts on Game Day. That just brings in a whole set of issues that I just am sick of dealing with. This is why Tinkrbelle is what every Pick Em player should aspire to be. Tinkr makes her picks on time and does not belly ache over her picks and edit and change them on game day. You have to go with your gut most of the time in Pick EM. Yes you need to take a good look at each team's record but sometimes making picks is instinctual and Tinkr has that god given talent.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Fine. Let's aspire to correctly score the picks in future weeks. Otherwise please assign the task to someone else if you feel you can't do it right. It's becoming a routine inconvenience one week after another. I don't want to be a 'hard ass' either. It takes the "fun" out of it. We want this to be a 'fair and fun' experience. Pale is not one of my favorite players (he knows this). But it's important for me that he gets credit for his correct picks.

This season got off to a rough start. Let's all snap out of it. No more bickering at one another. We don't have to like one another. Focus on the contest and the competition. And be civil.

Ok. Week #8 on deck.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

PICK 'EM LEADERBOARD THROUGH WEEK #7

1. TINKRBELLE: (46-29) + (3-9) = (49-38) (56.3%) (97.8%) [Tinker is winded making the turn on the edge at the halfway mark. She still has the lead but Fucktard is gaining fast on the outside. Let's see if Tinker catches a 2nd wind. It would be a shame if she faded now.]

2. FUCKTARD: (31-34) + (7-4) = (38-38)(50%) (85.4%) [Fucktard is making her move. Let's see if she has he juice to overtake Tinker for the lead.]

3. BRONCOBOY: (36-41) + (4-8) = (40-49) (44.9%) (100%) [Bronco's still holding 3rd position by a nose. Since it rained last night the track is pretty wet. The mud runners may benefit here. Let's see if Bronco can keep the pace.]

4. BAMABOY: (35-42) + (4-8) = (39-50) (43.8% (100%) [Bama stayed even with Bronco one position back. He's moving to the rail for an inside position as we approach the final stretch. Let's see if his strategy pays off]

5. PALE HORSE: (24-27) + (6-6) = (30-33) (47.6%) (70.8%) [Pale Horse moved up one spot to 5th position. If there are 15 picks in Week #8 and Pale makes all 15 picks that would qualify him for the premium group and could place him into one of the top positions contingent upon his performance in Week #8.]

6. WHITE TRASH: (17-24) + (3-9) = (20-33) (37.7%) (57.3%) [Trash moved up one spot to 6th position after slowing down in Week #7 following a burst of speed in Week #6. Pale is still moving in the direction of a premium position but needs to work on that win percentage to remain in the race.

7. BREAKING NEWS: (23-39) + (NP) = (23-39) 37.1% (69.7%) [Breaking News must have stopped for a water break. That drops him out of the premium group from 5th to 7th position. Week #8 will be critical for Breaking to rejoin the pack and refresh his mojo. Let's keep our fingers crossed that Breaking comes back.]

8. NIGHT TRAIN LANE: (2-8) + (NP) = (2-8) (25%) (11.2%) [NTL is unofficially scratched from the race for a chance at being the Pick 'Em Big Kahuna for 2012. But NTL is welcomed to return to compete for our weekly kudos.]

* First percentage is % of correct picks of total picks for each player.

* Second percentage is % of games each picker has played of the total 89 games that have been posted from Week #1 to Week #7. Those who have not picked at least 75% of the total 89 games are in the sub-premium category and aren't qualified to be on top of the leaderboard. However, sub-premium players can join the premium group by picking all the games from this point on, as long as they raise their % of total games picked to 75% or more.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Note to White Trash:

I double checked and caught an error. You're % of total picks is 59.5% at the end of Week #7.

We have about 6 weeks left in the regular season. By my calculations if we average around 13 picks a week and you participate in all picks - you will be in the premium group after 4 more weeks of play. So with 2 weeks left in the regular season, provided that your % of winning picks improves, you could have a shot at the top of the leaderboard.

I want to keep all players updated with their current and potential status on the Pick 'Em LeaderBoard.

8. BAMABOY

Bronco, Please be more precise in the future. If you keep making these kind of errors then we will have to find someone to relieve you of your duties. :)

I don't think anyone else but us are going to run this board!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I could say something but I won't.

Onwards to Week #8 (which at first glance looks like another sucky week)

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seriously, I don't understand how Alabama ended up #1 in the BCS rankings considering their weak schedule so far. That was the whole argument against giving Boise a high BCS ranking last year - that they played weak opponents. Now this year Alabama plays a bunch of cream puffs and the margin of BCS points between #1 Alabama and #2 Florida is phenomenal! Looking down the list it seems that Notre Dame has played the toughest schedule. Michigan, Michigan State, Stanford, Purdue.....Who has Bama played other than Michigan that's worth a shit? And why the big point margin between Alabama and the other teams? Toss the damn computers out and lets use some good old fashioned horse sense to rank the best college teams. But that Alabama-Mississippi State game might be interesting in a couple more weeks. I watched the Mississippi State-Tennessee game. Although State has played mostly shit teams it looked like a pretty solid ball club last Saturday.

I knew Notre Dame would be ranked high this year. Many people wrote them off. Not me. Now that they offloaded Fat Charlie off onto So Florida and now U of Kansas and brought Brian Kelly on board the team has turned a 180. Just goes to show the value of good coaching. Now Fat Charlie is in deep shit in Kansas. That's a darned nice State too. Good people. They deserve better. Fat Charlie must be one helluva salesman. I sure wouldn't want him coming to my front door peddling Ginzu knives. I'd probably end up buying 3 sets from him. He's got that little cherub boy grin that'd melt your heart. But signing a football contract with that man is more dangerous than grabbing ahold of a rattlesnake by it's tail.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what abut Bronco Fraud? (s)he did great last week, why is night train lane included but no Bronco Fraud?

12. BAMABOY

BAMA plays a tougher schedule this year compared to Boise State last year. BAMA still has:

Tennessee @ Tennessee
    Miss State @ BAMA
    LSU @ LSU
    Texas A&M @ BAMA
    (Maybe SEC Championship Game Vs. Florida or South Carolina)

All of these games are back to back to back. Yes Tennessee is not a great team this year but BAMA still has to play them in Neyland in Knoxville.
    BAMA is beating the teams they have played by large margins and covering the spread. They have 3 stout running backs plus a wild cat QB that would all be the starter at any other team in the country. The defense though is the real deal. The BAMA defense scores more points than any other defense in the country. Those fun and gun offenses like Oregon can't do that bullshit with BAMA.

Bronco, You just need to accept that BAMA is one bad ass team and ain't going anywhere anytime soon.

Notre Dame has proven that they are a solid team. They still have some really tough road games though. Oklahoma and USC both on the road! If they can win out then yes I agree they have earned themselves a spot in the NC. I don't like the fact they are independent and don't have to play a Conference Championship game. That is one extra game many other teams have to play like a semi qualifier for the NC.

BAMA playing Notre Dame in the NC would be awesome! It would take us back to the '70s!!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You completely avoided the point of my argument.

The BCS rankings are not formulated based on future games. They are formulated on the games a team has played thus far. And Alabama has played weak and loser teams so far. Certainly Alabama has not earned a #1 BCS position at the present tense - let alone a big margin in point spread between their team and #2 Florida. Total bullshit. They still haven't fixed the BCS ranking system. It's still being gamed. Other teams with perfect records in the top 10 BCS rankings have played much tougher schedules than Alabama. Proof that the BCS still sucks. Nothing has really changed.

Oregon would run Alabama into the ground. Sabin wouldn't know what hit him. Once Oregon dismantles USC and Stanford there should be no doubt that they are the #1 BCS team. Oregon would destroy Alabama's defense with their hurry-up offense in the 2nd half.

Notre Dame is a much better team this year but not good enough to play in the national championship. They'll get beaten by the end of the season. But then ND actually plays a brutal schedule, unlike Alabama.

14. BAMABOY

I do agree with you concerning the BCS. It is total bullshit and needs a complete overhaul. I am in favor of more divisions in College Football and a playoff. I think there are something like 130 teams in Division 1AA currently? I really like how the Premier Soccer League in the UK does things. If your team finishes at the bottom of a division they are sent to a lower division. The winner of the division below is promoted to a division above the one they are currently playing in.

Oregon and BAMA would have a close game but there would be many intercepted passes. The BAMA D-Line and O-Line would would push Oregon's O-Line and D-Line around. Teams win games in the trenches and it starts on the line. Do you really think Oregon's D-Line and O-Line could hang with BAMA. If you do I will look up the size and weight of both lines for you..

Notre Dame does have some really tough road games and will drop a game. So the games I just mentioned on BAMA's schedule are cupcakes?? You think LSU at LSU is a cupcake? If they are then South Carolina should have beaten them by 2 touchdowns. Even Tennessee at Neyland is not a cupcake. BAMA will not cover the +20 spread on that game. Tennessee is not a great team but they have some really good receivers and QB. Miss State is playing better ball than they have in years. Texas A&M has a Freshmen QB who is in the running for the Heisman. If BAMA wins the SEC West they will still have to face South Carolina or Florida in the SEC Championship game. You are smoking crack if you think South Carolina or Florida are cupcake teams??!!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BamaBoy - my comment is not registering with you for some reason.

I said UP TO THIS POINT Alabama has played shit teams. Therefore, Alabama does not deserve a #1 BCS ranking LET ALONE a huge point margin separating them from the #2 BCS ranked team Florida.

The quality of opponents is supposed to play a big part in the BCS rankings. And NOT future oppoents - only the opponents ALREADY played.

And if the BCS system has any integrity I think Oregon will be in the national championship game before Florida or South Carolina (which has already lost 1 game). If the Gamecocks lose to Florida on Saturday there's no damn chance they'll be in the national championship game. If Florida loses that will put them behind Oregon in the rankings. And Florida still has to get past Georgia and Florida State. I think you must be the one sucking on the bong. :D

16. Having 4 SEC teams in the top 10 is a fucking joke. Bama deserves their ranking, but the other 3 have their dicks sucked by ESPN and the rest of the media.

That's all the world needs is another 27-0 snoozer in the title game again this year. ZZZZzzzz's.

17. Neither Tennessee nor Miss State are worth a shit in my book. It would be akin to me crying about having to play Northwestern and Penn State.

You have a good team. I get that. But don't make it out like your playing an NFL schedule. Cuz...you play plenty of hostess cup cakes. For example, look up Mizzou record this year. They are a pile of donkey dung.

SEC teams that suck...

1. Kentucky
    2. Vandy
    3. Arkansas (although starting to act like a football team as of late)
    4. The Mississippi teams...very average.

I think A and M is the second best team in that conference.

18. Because I'm a fucking internet legend. Duh.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for throwing in your 2 cents, NTL. You have a knack for filtering through the bullshit. Always did. A refreshing change from the bootlickers I've had to fend off here lately.

But you gotta back me up here, big man. In a fair and decent world Alabama would NOT have a #1 BCS ranking today. Much of a BCS ranking is predicated upon difficulty of opponents played to date. So far Alabama has played SHIT teams. They simply haven't EARNED the right to be called the best team in the nation by the cream puffs they've played. And I don't give a shit whether it's their fault or not. What is IS! And to add insult to injury - the BCS point spread between Alabama and #2 Florida is HUGE!

Once Alabama plays LSU on 11/03 we'll have a better idea if they are the #1 team. But until that time no fucking way should Alabama be ranked #1 when other teams have perfect records and have played a MUCH MORE difficult teams.

The BCS system is just as crooked this year as it was last year. Nothing has changed. Same old bullshit.

20. libluvsbukkake

libluvsbukkake Well-Known Member

Mr. Lane, point of contention regarding Arkansas. They suck because they have the worst, dumbest, and most cartoonish character in the history of D-1 Football, polluting their sideline. I still can't believe, that John L. Shit has coach in front of his name.