NCAA FOOTBALL WEEK 8 PICK EM!

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by BAMABOY, Oct 17, 2012 at 3:25 PM.

1. #1 BAMABOY, Oct 17, 2012 at 3:25 PM
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2012 at 8:33 PM
    BAMABOY

BAMABOY Well-Known Member

Welcome to Week 8 of NCAA FOOTBALL PICK EM! Looks like a good weekend with more major match ups in the Big 12 and PAC 12.

DIRECTIONS: I have attached and posted the USA Today Odds for these 14 games and chose the "average," of all of the different odds making services that USA Today endorses. Please choose wisely and see if you will be the NCAA COLLEGE FOOTBALL PICKER for the week. This is only for bragging rights!

USA TODAY LINK: http://sportsdirect.usatoday.com/odds/usatoday/ncaaf.aspx

RULES: Summarized at bottom of page.

THURSDAY OCT. 18th

1. OREGON VS. ARIZONA STATE +8 (FINAL: OREGON 43 ARIZONA STATE 21)

SATURDAY OCT. 20th

2. IOWA STATE VS. OKLAHOMA STATE -14.5 (FINAL: OKLAHOMA STATE 31 IOWA STATE 10)

3. VIRGINIA TECH VS. CLEMSON -8.5 (FINAL: CLEMSON 38 VA TECH 17)

4. LSU VS. TEXAS A&M +3.5 (FINAL: LSU 24 TEXAS A&M 19)

5. STANFORD VS. CAL +2.5 (FINAL: STANFORD 21 CAL 3)

6. BYU VS. NOTRE DAME -13.5 (FINAL: NOTRE DAME 17 BYU 14)

7. SOUTH FLORIDA VS. LOUISVILLE -6.5 (FINAL: LOUISVILLE 27 SOUTH FLORIDA 25)

8. MICHIGAN STATE VS. MICHIGAN -10 (FINAL: MICHIGAN 12 MICHIGAN STATE 10)

9. SOUTH CAROLINA VS. FLORIDA -3 (FINAL: FLORIDA 44 SOUTH CAROLINA 11)

10. TEXAS TECH VS. TCU +2 (FINAL: TEXAS TECH 56 TCU 53)

11. ALABAMA VS. TENNESSEE +20.5 (FINAL: ALABAMA 44 TENNESSEE 13)

12. KANSAS STATE VS. WEST VIRGINIA -2.5 (FINAL: KANSAS STATE 55 WVA 14)

13. WASHINGTON VS. ARIZONA -7.5 (FINAL: ARIZONA 52 WASHINGTON 17)

14. UTAH VS. OREGON STATE -10.5 (FINAL: OREGON STATE 21 UTAH 7)

DOUBLE CHECK YOUR PICKS!!!

SUMMARIZED RULES:

1) Pickers who elect to remain anonymous are welcome, but must adopt an unregistered sport's board name (ie. BroncoBoy) to get due recognition for your picks. Please identify yourself with each post.

2) During regular season play all picks will be based on the "odds" or the "point" system reported by USA Today (SportsDirect) prior to the week's games. The "points" recognized will be the "points" displayed on posted "Pick-Em" schedule that will available for viewing 3-4 days in advance of the week's games. Should the "point" spreads change after the "Pick-Em" schedule is posted - the revised "points" shall not apply.

3) YOU CANNOT EDIT YOUR PICKS & POSTS BEFORE GAME TIME!! You may pick a Thursday Night Game and make the rest of your picks before 11:00 AM SATURDAY EASTERN TIME!!

4) Not all NCAA Div. 1 games will make the weekly "Pick-Em" schedule. Only those major games of interest. We are going for quality here. Not quantity. Games with a 21 "point" spread or greater are highly discouraged. If a picker wants to add an unlisted game contact the interim coordinator BroncoBoy.

5) All pickers shall show respect and courtesy toward their fellow pickers (BRONCOBOY!). A competitive spirit is fine. But let's keep it clean and be friends. We don't want to evolve into vitriol and mean spiritness that got the poli board shut down. Be nice to one another.

6) In the event of a board dispute on operational matters - all disputes will be resolved by the majority. There are no kings or queens on this board who have the final say. We are a democracy - and the majority rules. If the majority is only 2 people - so be it.

7) Post-season play (bowl games) shall be based on straight picks and NOT the "point" system used during regular season play.

2. BAMABOY

PICK EM TEAM,

You will notice we have some new rules. Please make all of your picks and post them before game time (11 AM EASTERN every Saturday). DO NOT EDIT YOUR ORIGINAL POSTS & PICKS!!! Please help me out with this because I do not want to have anyone's picks to be disqualified or disputed by other players. I hope you will respect this decision because it is to time consuming for me to check back up on players to make sure they have made their picks. I just want everyone to get along and there be no more drama. These are very simple instructions so please please please help your old pal BAMABOY out by following these rules. I am busier now chasing BAMABABY around on Saturday since he has started walking! :)

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's up with Rule #5 that singles out BroncoBoy?

You think other players (to include yourself) have shown 'courtesy and respect' towards me and/or Tinker?

You must have a very short and selective memory. :)

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bronco's picks for Week #8

Thurs, 10/18

1. Oregon vs. Arizona St. +8 [State won't be able to hang with the Ducks. None of the others have been able to. Why would the Sun Devils? Spread way too thin]

Sat, 10/20

2. Iowa St. vs. Oklahoma St. -14.5 [What's up with a 14.5 pt. spread? Oklahoma just ain't that damned good. They only beat Fat Charlie's Jayhawks by 6. That's nothing to brag on. Plus, they got beat by AZ. Iowa St. is not that lousy a ball team.]

3. Virginia Tech vs. Clemson -8.5 [A 4-3 team vs. a 5-1 team. I'll go with the winner]

4. LSU vs. Texas A&M +3.5 [LSU looked good against the Gamecocks. Texas A&M has a good team but barely got past Ole Miss and LA Tech. Maybe LSU finally found their mojo.]

5. Stanford vs. Cal +2.5 [Stanford's mad after their loss to the Irish. Getting beat by Cal would be a major insult. I look for a blowout]

6. BYU vs. Notre Dame -13.5 [BYU isn't that bad and could surprise some people. But I think Notre Dame's God is bigger and badder than BYU's God this year by at least 2 TD's, especially at home.]

7. So. Florida vs. Louieville -6.5 [2-4 team vs. 6-0 team. Louieville much too strong at home for So. Florida.]

8. Michigan St. vs. Michigan -10 [The Beevis vs. Butthead matchup of Week #8. These games always surprise. Michigan will shock you.]

9. So. Carolina vs. Florida -3 [Actually I'm hoping Florida gets beat so Oregon has a firm #2 BCS spot. But realistically I think Florida wins by at least a TD at home]

10. Texas Tech vs. TCU +2 [Tech has a BIG win over W Virginia last week. Although TCU won too - I don't think it's the same team without Pachall. But I might be wrong here. Boykin ain't that bad. Toss up.]

11. Alabama vs. Tennessee -20.5 [Tennessee only lost to Florida by 17 and to Georgia by 7. I just don't think Alabama is really as good as advertised. Will Alabama beat Tennessee at home? Sure. By 20 points? I don't think so.]

12. Kansas St vs. West Va -2.5 [Come on. West Va just got their asses handed to them by Texas Tech 49-14. Kansas State is 6-0. 2.5 pt spead? My ass.]

13. Washington vs. Arizona -7.5 [Both teams have had touch schedules. Both have played USC, Oregon, Stanford. Both have 3-3 records. But I think Sarkosian lights a fire under the Huskies after their 10 pt loss to USC. I go with the underdog.]

14. Utah vs. Oregon St. -10.5 [Utah is a team that can surprise too. The Beavers are a bigtime ranked team - but have weaknesses that Utah may capitalize on. This was a tough one. I have a bad feeling about this game - but go with Oregon State anyway. I hope they can cover the spread.]

Good luck to all. If you want to copy my picks and after last week's 4-8 score - knock yourselves out. I couldn't really give a shit. :)

5. White Trash

White Trash Guest

THURSDAY OCT. 18th

1. OREGON VS. ARIZONA STATE +8 (Time for some more video game football! Is ARIZONA TINKR's favorite team?)

SATURDAY OCT. 20th

2. IOWA STATE VS. OKLAHOMA STATE -14.5

3. VIRGINIA TECH VS. CLEMSON -8.5

4. LSU VS. TEXAS A&M +3.5 (Will LSU be hung over after beating SC last week?)

5. STANFORD VS. CAL +2.5

6. BYU VS. NOTRE DAME -13.5 (2 Independent teams in need of a conference!)

7. SOUTH FLORIDA VS. LOUISVILLE -6.5 (Louisville-The only undefeated Cardinal left!)

8. MICHIGAN STATE VS. MICHIGAN -10 (Can Michigan finally beat Sparty?)

9. SOUTH CAROLINA VS. FLORIDA -3 (BIG GAME!! This decides the SEC EAST and is qualifying game for the NC!) (Will Fucktard keep her blue and orange grannie panties on?)

10. TEXAS TECH VS. TCU +2 (Guns up or down?)

11. ALABAMA VS. TENNESSEE +20.5 ("The 3rd Saturday in October-One of the oldest rivalries in college football.") Hey Pale! Some of these Yankees just have no idea. I got my cigar ready!

12. KANSAS STATE VS. WEST VIRGINIA -2.5 (If K. STATE is 4 REAL they will prove it this weekend)

13. WASHINGTON VS. ARIZONA -7.5

14. UTAH VS. OREGON STATE -10.5

6. Pale Horse

Pale Horse Guest

THURSDAY OCT. 18th

1. OREGON VS. ARIZONA STATE

SATURDAY OCT. 20th

2. IOWA STATE VS. OKLAHOMA STATE

3. VIRGINIA TECH VS. CLEMSON

4. LSU VS. TEXAS A&M

5. STANFORD VS. CAL

6. BYU VS. NOTRE DAME

7. SOUTH FLORIDA VS. LOUISVILLE

8. MICHIGAN STATE VS. MICHIGAN

9. SOUTH CAROLINA VS. FLORIDA

10. TEXAS TECH VS. TCU

11. ALABAMA VS. TENNESSEE :confused::confused::confused::confused:

12. KANSAS STATE VS. WEST VIRGINIA

13. WASHINGTON VS. ARIZONA

14. UTAH VS. OREGON STATE

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Howdy partners, I hate to give that that other fella claiming to be Bronco any attention, but he beat me to getting picks in this week, so I will just point out, while I am a True Grit kind of guy, he is all about the Brokeback mountain.

The Bronco's picks are:

1. OREGON VS. ARIZONA STATE +8 (Time for some more video game football! Is ARIZONA TINKR's favorite team?) How could I pick against the only woman that knows anything about football!!!!!!!
    SATURDAY OCT. 20th

4. LSU VS. TEXAS A&M +3.5 5. STANFORD VS. CAL +2.5

6. BYU VS. NOTRE DAME -13.5
    7. SOUTH FLORIDA VS. LOUISVILLE -6.5 (Louisville-The only undefeated Cardinal left!) DID YOU KNOW SOUTH FLORIDA IS WHERE DYSLEXIC FSU STUDENTS GO?

8. MICHIGAN STATE VS. MICHIGAN -10 9. SOUTH CAROLINA VS. FLORIDA -3 (BIG GAME!! This decides the SEC EAST and is qualifying game for the NC!) (Will Fucktard keep her blue and orange grannie panties on?) Fucktard might not know anything about football, but I think she is hot,thats why I try to pick fights with her

11. ALABAMA VS. TENNESSEE +20.5 ("The 3rd Saturday in October-One of the oldest rivalries in college football.") Hey Pale! Some of these Yankees just have no idea. I got my cigar ready! hope you did not get that cigar from a man named clinton, roll tide

12. KANSAS STATE VS. WEST VIRGINIA -2.5 (If K. STATE is 4 REAL they will prove it this weekend)

Time for me to ride out, but no fear, the sun will rise and Bronco will be back again next week.

8. tinkrbelle

tinkrbelle Well-Known Member

THURSDAY OCT. 18th

1. OREGON VS. ARIZONA STATE +8 (Time for some more video game football! Is ARIZONA TINKR's favorite team?)
    yes you are correct[/COLOR]!I have eerie feeling ASU just might win this one!Sparky!
    [/COLOR
    SATURDAY OCT. 20th

4. LSU VS. TEXAS A&M +3.5 (Will LSU be hung over after beating SC last week?)

5. STANFORD VS. CAL +2.5

6. BYU VS. NOTRE DAME -13.5 (2 Independent teams in need of a conference!)

7. SOUTH FLORIDA VS. LOUISVILLE -6.5 (Louisville-The only undefeated Cardinal left!)

8. MICHIGAN STATE VS. MICHIGAN -10 (Can Michigan finally beat Sparty?they better!!)

9. SOUTH CAROLINA VS. FLORIDA -3 (BIG GAME!! This decides the SEC EAST and is qualifying game for the NC!) (Will Fucktard keep her blue and orange grannie panties on?)

11. ALABAMA VS. TENNESSEE +20.5 ("The 3rd Saturday in October-One of the oldest rivalries in college football.") Hey Pale! Some of these Yankees just have no idea. I got my cigar ready!I don't think Bama will beat the spread

13. WASHINGTON VS. ARIZONA -7.5 I think the Huskies can beat AZ

9. tinkrbelle

I have a gut feeling ASU will win:)

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any dumbass can recognize a fraud when they see one!

The real Bronco tutors those with personality deficits. I can't change your DNA code but I will help where I can. Call me.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tink, going 3-9 last week why would you would waste the very first pick of the week? Fucktard is sniffing at your tail, girl. Check your pride in at the door when you enter the Pick 'Em war room.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ATTENTION: BREAKING NEWS:

Hope to see you back in Week #8. One way or the other please check in with us. We missed your participation last week and you still have a shot at being a top dog on the LeaderBoard. By playing all 14 picks this week you can raise your % of games picked to 74% back on the cusp of leaderboard contention. And a good week could put you well above 40% in % of winning picks. You are a valued player. Please return.

13. tinkrbelle

Nope, not gonna do it. I just gots to go with it.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pale - I noticed that you didn't make a pick on Game #11 (Alabama vs. Tennessee). We don't want to run into the same problem that we had with Fucktard last week. You can edit your original pick post anytime prior to the start of the Oregon/Arizona State game tonight. Or you can create a separate pick post for the Alabama game prior to that scheduled game start time on Saturday, which of course must remain unedited after the scheduled game start time.

You probably already know this; however, I just wanted to clarify so there is no misunderstanding afterwards.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You da big boss on da LeaderBoard.

Good luck!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Howdy partners"? hehe

What an idiot. :D

17. Fucktard

Fucktard Well-Known Member

THURSDAY OCT. 18th

1. OREGON VS. ARIZONA STATE +8

SATURDAY OCT. 20th

4. LSU VS. TEXAS A&M +3.5

5. STANFORD VS. CAL +2.5

7. SOUTH FLORIDA VS. LOUISVILLE -6.5

8. MICHIGAN STATE VS. MICHIGAN -10

9. SOUTH CAROLINA VS. FLORIDA -3

10. TEXAS TECH VS. TCU +2

11. ALABAMA VS. TENNESSEE +20.5 Hoping UT can beat the spread

12. KANSAS STATE VS. WEST VIRGINIA -2.5

18. BAMABOY

BAMABOY PICKS:

THURSDAY OCT. 18th

1. OREGON VS. ARIZONA STATE +8

SATURDAY OCT. 20th

4. LSU VS. TEXAS A&M +3.5

5. STANFORD VS. CAL +2.5

8. MICHIGAN STATE VS. MICHIGAN -10 (This is a revenge game for Michigan. After the shit talking tweets sent out by Michigan State players during the Michigan Vs. Alabama game the maize and blue are pissed!)

9. SOUTH CAROLINA VS. FLORIDA -3 (Marcus Lattimore is out for the game. The FLU is also going around in the team as well.)

10. TEXAS TECH VS. TCU +2 (Texas Tech will be hung over from last week. Head Coach Tommy Tubberville always wins some games he is not supposed to and loses games he is not supposed to loose.)

11. ALABAMA VS. TENNESSEE +20.5 (Lots of points and at Neyland. You never know BAMA could cover the spread with some interceptions by the defense.)

14. UTAH VS. OREGON STATE -10.5 (You got to respect this tough little team from Oregon. I am a fan of beavers to so I hope they win the PAC 12!

19. Pale Horse

Pale Horse Guest

Ok Bronco I'll take Tennessee. Could start a family war.

20. BAMABOY

PICK EM TEAM: Thank you so much for making all of your picks before the games even start tonight!!! This really means a lot to me and I am sincerely appreciative that everyone has posted this early. Please keep up the good work and good luck!!