NCAA FOOTBALL WEEK 8 PICK EM!

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by BAMABOY, Oct 17, 2012 at 3:25 PM.

1. Pale Horse

Pale Horse Guest

We ain't got no money in this. We just want an investigation into your scorekeeping. All this talk about honesty and integrity of the pick 'em thread was a cover for you. The guilty scream the loudest.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"We ain't got no money in this."

Now there's an PhD candidate in the English language for ya! :D

If I were a Catholic I would be on the short list for sainthood, buckwheat. So there you go again - wearing your shoulderblades for a hat! :D

Btw, how'd you get that modmo classification? By singing in the CP choir??? You a choirboy? heh. :D

3. Pale Horse

Pale Horse Guest

Oops you are right. I ended w/ a preposition.

"We ain't got no money in this boy".

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's okay, Pale. Pick 'Em does not discriminate based on age, sex, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, income status, language skill or brain cell count. We pride ourselves on being equal opportunity. Only frauds get rejected. You've found a home, my brother.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why are you always insulting people?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Obviously, you filter insults from the other side, doncha?

If they insult me you overlook it and remain silent. Perhaps even laugh.

But if I fire back then I become the bad guy?

heh.

I know your type too. :)

7. BAMABOY

BAMABOY Well-Known Member

Oregon Quality Wins?:

1. Arky State (nope)

2. Tennessee Tech (hell no, are they even a 4 year university?)

3. Arizona (yes)

4. Wazzou (kind of-team still is Wazzou-Mike Leach is crazy..)

5. Washington (kind of-dawgs keep losing though)

6. Arizona State (yes)

This past weekend ESPN College Gameday posted the odds for teams to go undefeated during the regular season (including conference championship games). BAMA had over 50% probability of going undefeated in the regular season. Oregon was 2nd with 16%. As long as the Tide keeps winning everything else is just conjecture. Miss State, LSU and Texas A&M are three tough back to back to back games.

I have to agree with Fucktard partially. I am more concerned with Florida if both teams get to the SEC Championship than the NC against Oregon if that happens. The BAMA offense does not have to put up video game like numbers since we have the best all around defense in the country. CJ Mosely is a beast!!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey sissy boy why not just admit you reject me because I am better at picking than you. You bring shame to the bronco name. Step up with your picks and posts on here or I will be forced to rip my shirt for you.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So you are a fraud and a drunk? You do know a broke clock is right twice a day?

10. Pale Horse

Pale Horse Guest

Tenn Tech is a 4 year school for tech geeks/ engineers.

They are known as the Tennessee Tech Pocket Protectors. Horrible in football but don't mess w/ them on Algorithms and Proofs. They'll kick your ass.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let's be honest. The quality of team that Alabama has played so far has been no better or even somewhat worse than what the Ducks have played. And that is precisely why Alabama is not deserving of a current #1 ranking. Shit, Florida has played a much tougher schedule than Alabama. So I'll split the difference. Florida should be #1, Oregon #2 and Alabama #3.

Mississippi State should be a cakewalk. Look at the losers they've played. That game will be no different than the Oregon-Az State game that had Az State coming in with a 5-1 record. If Alabama doesn't walk over Mississippi State by at least 16 points it should knock them 'em down to 6th in the BCS.

But all this is cheap talk. We'll know who the REAL champ is soon enough. When Bama plays LSU and Texas A&M we'll have a decent idea of how much juice they've got. And if they make it into the SEC championship and play Florida - then we'll know for sure. And when Oregon plays USC, Stanford and Oregon State - we'll know how much horsepower they've got. So time will tell.

And one of us will have egg on our face, BamaBoy. :)

12. Pale Horse

Pale Horse Guest

Let's be honest. You are jealous.

Not everyone can be from the south. Sure, everyone wants to be but only those chosen by God can. With the gift of being southern comes National Championships. Lot's of them.

Then there are what Broncofraud calls sissy boys. (which he stole from me the little sissy boy:p)

13. BAMABOY

BAMABOY Well-Known Member

I think the computers actually have Florida #1? I think Pale mentioned it last week. I am just fine with Florida being #1. Coach Saban loves that kind of motivational shit with the team.

I would have to agree with the strength of schedule so far for BAMA and Oregon being similar. I would have to contend that BAMA has played in much tougher venues like Neyland Stadium-Tennessee (106,000 Seats) and Jerry World in Dallas. BAMA and Tennessee seriously hate each other. Oregon and AZ State don't have that kind of historic old fashioned Hatfield Vs. McCoy hate for one another. Tennessee is an older rival of BAMA than even Auburn.

What is tough for BAMA is just about everyone in the SEC thinks they are BAMA's biggest rival. Miss State and LSU think they are. LSU is going to play the best game of their season against BAMA because of the beat down in the NC. Talk about a tough venue, Death Valley in Baton Rouge is the toughest in the SEC. LSU fans throw piss bombs at opposing fans and players. If BAMA can get to the SEC Championship Florida has a huge grudge against BAMA after making Tebow cry and Urban Myer have a heart attack.

Oregon just does not have those kind of rivals. In the PAC 12 I think only Southern CAL has as many teams in the conference that hate them like BAMA does in the SEC? Everyone seems to hate Southern CAL. I couldn't stand Pete Caroll and Reggie Bush and their whole elitest Hollywood entourage. At least with BAMA you just get good ole down home college football loving country folks!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Get outta here. You overexaggerate this "hate" factor BS. "Hate" doesn't make a football team any better than what it is. In fact the emotional hype can actually detract from their performance by increasing mistakes on the field. Level-headed teams win football games. Not teams filled with "hate". Besides, on Nov 3 top-ranked Oregon has to travel to Los Angeles to play before 100,000 screaming USC fans who are not known for their hospitality. And you don't think there's a HUGE rivalry between Oregon and Oregon State??? heh. Oregon plays Oregon State in Corvallis. How much love do you think the Ducks will get there? So stop with the hyberbole and extraneous factors that don't mean shit. The best team will win - no matter where the game is played or how much "hate" is involved.

Talk is cheap. We'll just have to force meets force and the dust settles. Like I said. One of us will be wrong.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There's some decent games on track for next Saturday.

Something that shocked me is that the oddsmakers say #5 Notre Dame is a 10.5 point underdog to #7 Oklahoma. Somebody's F'ed up here. Either the pollmakers or the boys in Vegas.

I see Florida is playing in Georgia. Florida is only a 8 point favorite? WTF? Georgia's 7-1 record doesn't tell the whole story.

Alabama is a 24 point favorite over Mississippi State? I agree with the oddsmakers here. Mississippi State is WAY overrated. It's a pig covered in lipstick. Like I said - if Bama beats them by only 16 points or less Bama should be #6 in the BCS.

TCU and Oklahoma St. should be a real fun game to watch. Ok St. is favored by a TD.

Good week ahead.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seriously, how could Mississippi State be ranked #11 in the BCS poll and at the same time be 24 point underdogs to Alabama on Saturday???

:D

If the 25th ranked team played Alabama would they be 50 point underdogs?

:D

What a POS system they've designed.

17. Pale Horse

Pale Horse Guest

...as the Ducks continue their freefall.......

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Freefall?

Ducks are a 45 point favorite over Colorado, Seymour.

Quite frankly, I've never seen a 45 point spread before. Must be a new record. But you'll see a lot of records broken by the Ducks this year. So sit back and watch the show.

If I were you I'd be more concerned about the Tide's fate this weekend than the Ducks.

If the Tide fails to win by more than 16 points the #1 ranking is nothing more than pomp and glitter.

The oddsmakers say that Alabama will blow away BCS 11th ranked Mississippi State. But with the Tide's weak schedule in the first half of 2012 it's hard to say. Either the oddsmakers are out to lunch or the BCS is completely irrelevant. There shouldn't be a 24 point spread between the #1 and #11 team. That's absurd. My opinion is that the BCS is completely irrelevant and needs to be totally reformed or just tossed out.

19. Pale Horse

Pale Horse Guest

?

Freefall.

20. Fucktard

Fucktard Well-Known Member

SEC! SEC! SEC!