NCAA FOOTBALL WEEK 8 PICK EM!

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by BAMABOY, Oct 17, 2012 at 3:25 PM.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Proof that you lost the argument (again).

Thanks for playing.

2. Pale Horse

Pale Horse Guest

Right.

Alabama plays a ranked team this Saturday.

So does Florida.

So does K-State.

Do the Ducks?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And I'd laugh hysterically if all 3 got beat putting Oregon on top.

Oh, and don't worry about the Ducks playing ranked teams. #7 Oregon State, #9 USC and #17 Stanford are all on deck.

4. Pale Horse

Pale Horse Guest

Who?

5. BAMABOY

BAMABOY Well-Known Member

Thanks Pale. BroncoBoy just does not really understand how college football has such an impact on our way of life down here in the South. I have actually had customers not buy from me because I am an Alabama fan. I will let you both know I am not a Pharma guy but a med device guy. I specialize in orthopedic implants but have experience in other areas of medical products. I don't lie about my love for the Crimson Tide but I also am not an obnoxious "no teef bammer fan." Every Friday during surgery: reps, scrub techs and even surgeons wear their team scrubs. I have proudly worn the crimson and white when we were 6-6 the same as when BAMA has been 11-1 or 14-0. I use to go in operating rooms in North Alabama or near Auburn and get laughed at when I wore my Alabama scrubs, not so much lately..

Pale Horse can back me up on this but BAMA and Tennessee have always respected each other even if one team is heavily favored over the other. No matter how much BAMA is favored by I never think Tennessee is an easy win. Many teams before they play Tennessee play the song "Rocky Top" until the player's ears bleed. Coaches and staff know that players will hear "Rocky Top" in Knoxville,TN until they mentally break down. This rivalry is not just about football but state identity.

I have been to Oregon about 3 or 4 times and no one has asked me if I am an Oregon or Oregon State fan. If Bronco ever visits the heart of dixie (Alabama) he will know that during his stay he will be asked if he is an Alabama or Auburn Fan. If you answer neither you have offended the good people of Alabama other than choosing a team. If BamaBaby one day decides to attend Auburn and earn a degree in Engineering or Veterinary Medicine I will support and love him just like Pale supports and loves his Alabama graduate children. I will never say "war eagle," and I think he would respect me for that.

My point is rivalry games are more than just players on the field. I don't care if someone thinks it is superstition or not. Rivalry games are played for more than just rankings on a pole but for State identity and pride. For those who don't understand and who think it is just another game you have absolutely no idea what the importance of these games mean. I guess ignorance is bliss..

6. libluvsbukkake

libluvsbukkake Well-Known Member

You really think that Oregon will run the table against those three teams? Not a chance in hell.

7. Fucktard

Fucktard Well-Known Member

I guess it's a Southern thang. Think about it, almost every SEC game is some sort of rivalry. One of ours is this weekend. I think I could handle one of my kids going to another SEC school, don't think I could handle a kid going to Florida State.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Keep up. The argument was whether Oregon played a tough schedule. The knuckledraggers on the boards said no. I just stated the facts which proved them wrong.

Oregon has beaten every team they've played so far by AT LEAST 3 touchdowns. Most had their asses torn up by 5-6 touchdowns.

They just ran over the best defense in the PAC 12 (Az State) and beat them by over 3 td's with their scrubs in for the ENTIRE 2nd half.

Case in point: This weekend USC plays Arizona. Oregon destroyed Arizona 49-0. Keep your eye on the final score in the USC-Arizona game. Currently, USC is favored by only 8 pts. And USC is ranked #9 in the BCS polls.

So you people obviously can't analyze teams for shit. You talk out your bungholes without JS to back up what you say.

On the other hand, I substantiate EVERYTHING I say and leave nothing to speculation. That's how you and I differ. You throw crap against the wall and it falls to the floor. Mine sticks.

The fact remains that Oregon is a football powerhouse and would run over anything that the SEC had to throw at them.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Putting so much emphasis on football is not a hallmark of an advanced civilization, BamaBoy. A customer refusing to buy a product because the peddler is a fan of an opposing football team is a fing neandrathal. Sorry. It's the truth.

Tennessee is a shit team. Wouldn't matter if they were from the deep south or from California. Shit is shit. And it doesn't matter how much football is ingrained into your culture. Do your teams use witchcraft against one another too? heh. :)

Oregon people are salt of the earth. And they do not judge one another based on what college football team they choose to root for. They have advanced above that silliness.

If I ever visit Alabama and somebody asks me whether I am an Alabama or Auburn fan I will tell him/her that I hate them both equally. And if that bothers them - tough shit.

My point is that rivalries or fan involvement doesn't mean shit. It all comes down to which team is bigger, faster, quicker and smarter. Which can tackle, block, run and catch passes better. That's the bottom line. The rest is designed to bring in more revenue.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ask Jimbo how that approach works.

11. Pale Horse

Pale Horse Guest

What is wrong w/ you? Bama just explained how it is for us that's all.

You are a hateful person. Why do you even come here and converse w/ us? All you do is spew hatred for the people that post here and act pompous like you know better than everyone else. I'm in modmo and I don't even get in trouble over here.

You need to mellow out and enjoy the games.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The BCS got it right. Florida is No. 2.

With all due respect to Kansas State, Oregon and Notre Dame, you just aren't as physical or as relentless as the Gators.

Florida is winning with old-school values, ranking seventh nationally in total defense.
    All that moaning and groaning that first erupted on the Left Coast two weeks ago can just stop. You're just not what we are looking for at No. 2.

Oregon, you have that PlayStation speed and your defense is respectable in the Pac-12, but look at your schedule. No team you've beaten is currently ranked in the AP Top 25 or the BCS standings. The combined record of your past opponents is 25-25.

Kansas State, Bill Snyder has been excellent and Collin Klein is a true Heisman candidate. However, your best win is against Oklahoma.

The Sooners could be legit, but that's about it.

And Notre Dame, we're glad you're slowly coming back, but your quarterback situation makes us nervous and Big Ten teams dominate your wins.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/notebook/_/page/whosno2-102412/no-2-college-football

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You never respond to the facts I present. You folks trash the Oregon Ducks. Then I provide you with statistics proving you wrong. Then you get mad. The fact that you don't respond to my argument (besides with personal attacks and vitriol) proves that you got nothing worthwhile as a counterargument.

What BamaBoy said is a nice overview of the football culture in the south. But it's largely irrelevant. Tennessee is a big rival. Therefore, it's a major accomplishment to beat them? Bullshit. It all comes down to the talent on the ball field. The rival aspect is just red meat for the media. It does NOTHING to win ball games.

And, IMO, I think it's absurd for a region to put so much emphasis on college football. Personal relationships and commerce shouldn't be predicated on which team a person supports.

And as a modmo'ed registered user at CP I'm certain your interactions with fellow posters is clean as the wind driven snow, eh Mr. Pot? heh. ;)

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Talk is cheap, Sigfreud.

We'll see what tune you're singing on Sunday morn. heh. :D

15. Fucktard

Fucktard Well-Known Member

A drunk on Friday and Saturday nights, never a fraud, and I'm right more than x2 a day. Nope, not me.

And the Gators will still beat Alabammy in Atlanta.

16. libluvsbukkake

Well, I'm glad that you seem to have your priorities straight. I wonder if you could name any Supreme Court Justices off the top of your head?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is what I love about this board. Commenters offer a statement. And when another poster refutes the statement with facts and wins the argument, the original poster does not return and acknowledge that he was wrong. He just picks up another handful and flings it at the wall hoping some will stick, as it falls to the floor.

18. libluvsbukkake

It's College Football dude. You remind me of my Brother's friend, a huge Michigan fan, that goes into major depression anytime they lose. He can't even go over and watch when they play Michigan State or Ohio State. You are definitely "takes sports waaaay too serious Guy." We still have to get up and go to work tomorrow.

Oh, and I guess that you don't know any Supreme Court Justices, without looking them up.

19. Pale Horse

Pale Horse Guest

He just hates the SEC. Especially Alabama.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're the dipwad who claimed Oregon has no chance of beating USC, Oregon State and Stanford. I explained why they did. Instead of responding to my reasoned comment you ran away from it like a little coward and came back with a dumb ass irrelevant comment about the Supreme Court Justices. Pick up another handful and fling it at the wall.

You tell me I'm too serious about football? What about the SEC morons who wear hospital scrubs embroidered with the name and colors of their favorite teams while some poor sucker is on the table is having his bowels resected? Or what about some neaderthal moron who refuses to buy a product because the salesperson supports an opposing team?

Look how I'm treated on this board because I support west coast teams. I'm constantly attacked by MODMO'ed goofballs like yourself. And when I fire back you claim that I'm the instigator. You're nothing but a bunch of lowlife pots who point at the pot and call it black.

Be honest for once in your life.