NCAA FOOTBALL WEEK 9 PICK EM!!

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by BAMABOY, Oct 24, 2012 at 8:29 PM.

1. #41 BAMABOY, Oct 29, 2012 at 1:36 AM
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2012 at 1:47 AM
    BAMABOY

BAMABOY Well-Known Member

WEEK 9 THOUGHTS:

Wow! Notre Dame really showed up this week. Brian Kelly should get Coach of The Year for his efforts. I agree with Bronco earlier when he said that Notre Dame cannot overlook the other teams like Pitt and USC on their schedule. They have tasted success so let's see if they can stay humble and keep winning.

Florida losing to Georgia was just something I did not see coming. Georgia dominated the Gators and already the smack talk is starting. I was in Charlotte, NC over the weekend and saw 2 Georgia Fans at "Carolina Ale House," and they saw me and my crew in our BAMA Gear and said: "We can't wait for the Dawgs to beat BAMA's ass in the SEC Championship Game." I calmly smiled at them and said "Your Coach is still Mark Richt right? Roll Tide!" :)

Kansas State keeps winning but I hate this nickname for their in the running Heisman QB "Optimus Kline." That is so stoopid!!!

Marcus Lattimore (South Carolina RB) dislocating hiss knee against Tennessee was so disgusting. If you have not seen the clip look it up on You Tube. It really is hard to watch but like a train wreck you can't help but look. Hopefully he will heal and still be drafted at some point.

BAMA looked really good against Miss State. It was not a shutout since Miss State scored on BAMA's 2nd String Defense. Our Defense stuffed Miss State on the one yard line. It was very entertaining to see those State fans not "Grindin For State" anymore. Now here comes LSU which will be a major challenge since it is in Baton Rouge in Death "Deaf" Valley. 100,000+ Drunk Ass Cajuns is something Bronco just does not have any understanding or appreciation for. I would love to see BroncoBoy in Baton Rouge on Game Day. Just being there smelling all of those gumbos simmering and jambalayas cooking plus Zydeco music blasting while those drunk ass Cajuns yell "Tiger Bait," is not intimidating at all. All he would be able to decipher would be "Tiger Bait" because the rest of what they are yelling you just don't want to know anyway.

Oregon beat the hell out of a seriously horrible Colorado Team. Whatever..

2. Pale Horse

Pale Horse Guest

What real proof do you have of this? You know, the type that the FBI would take seriously. If you do not have any please refrain from making wild accusations.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here's the evidence that the BCS ratings stink like a big steaming pile:

Alabama's wins in 2012 to date

Michigan - W41-14
    Western Kentucky - W35-0
    Arkansas - W52-0
    Florida Atlantic - W40-7
    Ole Miss - W33-14
    Missouri - W42-10
    Tennessee - W44-13
    Mississippi State - W38-7

Notre Dame's wins in 2012 to date

Navy - W50-10
    Purdue - W20-17
    Michigan State - W20-3
    Michigan - W13-6
    Miami (FL) - W41-3
    Stanford - W20-13
    Brigham Young - W17-14
    Oklahoma - W30-13

Which team has had the most difficult opponents, Sherlock? Why would Alabama be ranked ahead of ND? I thought BCS rankings were largely based on schedule difficulty. Notre Dame hasn't had ONE Florida Atlantic or Western Kentucky on their schedule. ALL name opponents.

It stinks. I rest my case.

But the team to watch is Oregon. The Ducks beat Arizona 49-0. Arizona beat USC and put up 38 points on the board. Anybody who questions the Oregon defense is high. Oregon is the best college team in the nation, bar none. Next week USC is in for a big ass whoopin. And given the chance the Ducks would kick Bama's butt up and down the field.

Oh, and when everybody quetioned ND's strength at the start of the season I told you that they would be ranked in the top 10. I know a quality football team when I see one. Oregon is a better team than Bama.

Oregon will make a statement in Los Angeles next week that no one will be able to deny.

4. Pale Horse

Pale Horse Guest

By your logic Alabama is better cause they kicked the crap out of Michigan while ND beat Michigan by 7. I see nothing different in ND's schedule.

Also, USC ain't nobody so you can throw that one in the trash.

I can't take your proof to the FBI. I don't need a 5150 call to my house.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you can't see the difference between ND's and Alabama's schedule you need to get off that corn-fed / pork skin diet and starting eatin' some carrots, Buford.

Once Oregon whoops USC by 3 td's or more you naysayers will crawl back into the woodwork. Look how the Gator loss made Fucktard disappear. Fans with class admit when their teams aren't all that they're cracked up to me. They admit to it. Georgia was a much stronger team than Florida. The Bulldogs beat 'em straight up without any question which was the better team. Florida simply isn't national championship material. Oregon is.

Look at BamaBoy already making excuses for the Crimson on Saturday since they play LSU in Baton Rouge in front of Louisiana fans. If Bamaboy were confident in his Crimson it wouldn't matter where they played or who they played against. Championship teams win both home and away games under all sorts of adverse conditions. He's already trying to make excuses in advance in the event of a loss. You don't see me making excuses for the Ducks playing in front of 100,000 inhospitable Trojan fans in Los Angeles this coming weekend, do ya? Hell no. Unless the officiating is horrendous in favor of the Trojans and the Ducks lose, I would fully admit that the Ducks are not the better team. That's the difference between you people and me.

And I suspect that the FBI wouldn't have to make a trip to your home to know whether you're 5150 or not. :D

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

PICK 'EM LEADEROARD THROUGH WEEK #9

1. TINKRBELLE: (53-48) + (6-8) = (59-56) (51.3%) (98.3%) [The crowd favorite Tinkrbelle maintains the lead through Week #9 as we race toward the finish. Turn on the afterburners, Tink!]

2. FUCKTARD: (46-44) + (5-9) = (51-53) (49%) (88.9%) [The Gator loss took some wind out of Fucktard's sails and dropped her out of the 50% plus club.]

3. PALE HORSE: (38-39) + (5-9) = (43-48) (47.3%) (77.7%) [#3 ain't bad for an old nag. Huffin and puffin but hangin' on.]

4. BRONCOBOY: (48-55) + (4-10) = (52-65) (44.4%) (100%) [Tough week for Bronco but maintained 4th position.]

5. BAMABOY: (45-58) + (6-8) = (51-66) (43.6%) (100%) [Still grinding away in 5th and worried about trouble in Baton Rouge on Saturday.]

6. WHITE TRASH: (27-40) + (9-5) = (44.4%) (69.2%) [Great week for WT! 4% gain! Will run with the Premium ponies in Week #12 and could be a board leader at that time!]

7. BREAKING NEWS: (29-48) + (NP) = (29-48) (37.6%) (65.8%) [Unfortunately Breaking was a no-show for Week #9. He can stay in the race by joining us in Week #10 and regaining his Premium status by the end of the regular season with consistent play.]

8. NIGHT TRAIN LANE: (2-8) + (NP) = (2-8) (25%) (8.5%) [NTL retired from racing to spend more time with the family.]

* First percentage is % of correct picks of total picks by each player.

* Second percentage is % of games each picker has played of the total 117 games that have been posted from Week #1 through Week #8. Those who have not picked at least 75% of the total 117 games are in the sub-premium category and are not qualified to be on top of the leaderboard. However, sub-premium players can join the premium group by picking all the games from this point on, as long as they raise their % of total games picked to 75% or more.

7. #47 BAMABOY, Oct 29, 2012 at 6:26 PM
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2012 at 6:42 PM
    BAMABOY

I am definitely not making any excuses for Alabama playing in Death Valley. I think and am confidant Alabama can pull out a win in Baton Rouge I just don't think they cover the +9 to +9.5 spread.

The following is a quote from the most recent ESPN article about comparing both games this weekend between Oregon Vs. USC and Alabama Vs. LSU, here is a quote:

"Although the Coliseum is one of the most recognizable stadiums in the country, there's too much going on in L.A. for it to be the biggest event in town, especially after the Trojans lost last week.

Furthermore, there are few stadiums in the country as raucous or intimidating as Tiger Stadium. LSU owns a 22-game home winning streak, the longest current streak in the country and the best in school history. The Tigers' last home loss came against No. 1 Florida on Oct. 10, 2009."

LINK: http://espn.go.com/ncf/notebook/_/page/football-121029Schlabach/week-10

Coliseum Capacity: 75,144

Tiger Stadium Capacity: 95,542

I like the point ESPN makes that the BAMA Vs. LSU game is the only thing going on in Baton Rouge this weekend. Oregon Vs. USC is one of many events taking place in L.A. this weekend and probably not the most important to the locals.

Tiger Stadium gives the home team more than just a 3 point advantage than most home stadiums. I definitely agree that a Championship Team can win anywhere but Tiger Stadium is going to be much more challenging environment than the Coliseum for the Ducks. Even Duck fans could admit that to you after LSU fans took over Jerry World in Dallas last year.

My biggest point is LSU is a much tougher opponent for BAMA (7-1) and #5 in the BCS, highest rated one loss team in the country. BAMA may not blow out LSU by 20 points like Oregon might against USC. If that happens than it is flawed logic to say "See I told you Oregon is better than BAMA because they blew out USC and BAMA only one by 3." I am sure you will try to make this argument after both games but it is totally wrong.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stop making excuses in advance. It looks pathetic. If the Tide is as good as you say they are LSU shouldn't even be a bump in the road - in Baton Rouge or elsewhere.

The best team will win in Baton Rouge - just as the best team will win in Los Angeles.

If by some miracle USC beats Oregon you won't see me blaming it on a mean-spirited crowd. I would simply say that USC had the better team.

9. #49 BAMABOY, Oct 29, 2012 at 6:50 PM
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2012 at 6:55 PM
    BAMABOY

The Ducks will beat up on USC. They are a much better team and USC has two loses and will not be fired up like LSU will be.

My biggest point is LSU is a much tougher opponent for BAMA (7-1) and #5 in the BCS, highest rated one loss team in the country. BAMA may not blow out LSU by 20 points like Oregon might against USC. If that happens than it is flawed logic to say "See I told you Oregon is better than BAMA because they blew out USC and BAMA only one by 3." I am sure you will try to make this argument after both games but it is totally wrong.

BTW, thank god baseball is finally over. Damn season is way to long. Saturday when BAMA was beating down Miss State some poor pathetic Detriot Tiger Fan had to have the Baseball World Series on the biggest screen at the Carolina Ale House in Charlotte. Only about 3 people in the whole sports bar/restaurant gave two shits about the game. At least that Tiger Fan got to see his team loose on the big screen!

10. BAMABOY

Hey Everyone where is Fucktard? I think she needs to come back on the board and tell me how bad the Gators are going to whoop up on BAMA in the SEC Championship Game!! Don't buy your tickets yet to the SEC Championship Game Fucktard! I am not going to even consider buying tickets for the Georgia Dome until after Saturday Night in Baton Rouge..

11. Pale Horse

Pale Horse Guest

You'll have an excuse.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

1. TINKRBELLE: (53-48) + (6-8) = (59-56) (51.3%) (98.3%)

2. FUCKTARD: (46-44) + (5-9) = (51-53) (49%) (88.9%)

3. PALE HORSE: (38-39) + (5-9) = (43-48) (47.3%) (77.7%)

4. BRONCOBOY: (48-55) + (4-10) = (52-65) (44.4%) (100%)

5. BAMABOY: (45-58) + (6-8) = (51-66) (43.6%) (100%)

6. WHITE TRASH: (27-40) + (9-5) = (44.4%) (69.2%)

7. BREAKING NEWS: (29-48) + (NP) = (29-48) (37.6%) (65.8%)

8. NIGHT TRAIN LANE: (2-8) + (NP) = (2-8) (25%) (8.5%)

Did your mother ever tell you to keep your mouth shut?

13. BAMABOY

Pale, What is "modmo" status? Does it mean moderator. You and Bronco were talking about it the other day.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The only acceptable excuse for losing a game is blatantly corrupt officiating that greatly favors one team or the other. But that's hard to do these days with instant replay. Hostile crowds is not an acceptable excuse. All teams play before hostile crowds. It comes with the territory. So don't go there.

LSU offense sucks. Don't try to make LSU sound better than they really are. LSU beat Auburn only by 2 points. LSU beat So. Carolina only by 2 points. LSU beat Texas A&M only by 5 points. I don't care where the BCS puts them - LSU is not that good a ball team. If Alabama can't beat them by at least 2 td's they don't belong in the #1 position. Period.

And I am already telling you that Oregon is a better team than Alabama. Even the folks on ESPN are saying that. So I'm not alone. And as the season plays out that will become crystal clear to you as well.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wrong, Buford.

Unless the officiating was blatantly corrupt - which would be obvious to everyone - not just me - I would offer NO excuses should USC beat Oregon. I would simply state that USC had a better team than Oregon. Rain, sleet, snow or hostile crowds are no excuse.

I expect a fairly close game in the 1st half w/ USC.

2nd half Oregon blows them away.

16. BAMABOY

Yeah LSU doesn't have a good team at all. They just have the 2nd best all around defense in the country. The only reason ESPN is stroking the Ducks is because everyone hates the SEC for winning 6 straight. If BAMA gets out of Death Valley with a "W" it very well could be 7. LSU's offense has been rather unproductive and Mettenberger is not a great QB. Defense wins championships so they only need to score enough points to win.

BAMA has a much tougher game playing LSU in Baton Rouge than the Ducks against USC. The wine and cheese Hollywood elite are nothing like Louisiana coon-ass/cajun LSU fans.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You can say whatever you want. I will stick by the facts.

The Towson Tigers (who the F are they?) put 22 points on the board against LSU. That's the mark of a 2nd best defense in the nation? BS.

LSU beat Auburn by only 2 points (12-10). LSU beat So. Carolina by only 2 points (23-21). LSU beat Texas A&M by only 5 points (24-19). LSU lost to Florida by 8 points (14-6).

LSU is not a great team. Beating them would not be a major accomplishment.

ESPN is an east coast corporation that is biased against west coast teams. So to claim it is rooting for Oregon is baloney.

There you go again "Well my team has to play in front of a meaner crowd than your team does".

Pathetic. It's bad enough making excuses after the fact. But making excuses before the game even starts is laughable.

18. Pale Horse

Pale Horse Guest

LSU is actually the 9th best defense. Oregon is 24th. USC is 25th.

It really doesn't matter though. The Tide will either play:

Georgia
    Florida
    South Carolina
    Florida State

in the NC.

19. Pale Horse

Pale Horse Guest

I'm in trouble.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And you'll be munching on some baked crow come game day 2013 too. I recommend washing it down with some Gator juice. :D