NCAA FOOTBALL WEEK 9 PICK EM!!

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by BAMABOY, Oct 24, 2012 at 8:29 PM.

1. libluvsbukkake

libluvsbukkake Well-Known Member

I have heard that the NCAA has been snooping around the Oregon program, for a couple of years now.

2. Pale Horse

Pale Horse Guest

Yep. Recruiting violations. And they ain't virtually bulletproof like the SEC.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who'd ya year that from? An SEC bootlicker? :D

Disclose your source.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You people are going to be so pissed when Oregon not only plays in the national championship game but wins it too.

Your unfounded allegations of recruiting violations is hilarious.

And the hits keep coming! :D

5. Pale Horse

Pale Horse Guest

You make me laugh:D

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

1 Alabama
    2 Kansas State
    3 Notre Dame
    4 Oregon

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

By Thanksgiving posters like yourself will be completely silenced and fade away into the darkness, not to be heard from again until the 2013/14 season.

In the meantime, thanks for the laughs. :D

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

1 Alabama
    2 Kansas State
    3 Notre Dame
    4 Oregon

9. #69 BAMABOY, Oct 30, 2012 at 10:40 PM
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2012 at 10:42 PM
    BAMABOY

BAMABOY Well-Known Member

I stand corrected LSU actually has the 3rd best Defense in the country. Source: http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/1042/p1

Southern Cal is #46 in overall defense. Oregon #35.

ESPN definitely does not have an East Coast bias just because they are based in Connecticut. ESPN loves USC more than Oregon but since USC is out of the National Championship hunt they are showing the Ducks much love.

IF Bama can get to the National Championship Coach Saban loves all of the hype the sports media like ESPN and others are giving Oregon. Before BAMA's National Championship games for the 2009 and 2011 seasons all BAMA heard about was how good Texas was in 2009. In 2011 it was how good LSU was and how BAMA would definitely not beat them in New Orleans.

Saban definitely knows how to motivate players and psychologically get in their heads. All BAMA will hear from Saban and the sports media is how fast the Ducks are and how BAMA's defense will never slow them down. If BAMA comes into this game with a big chip on their shoulder you better watch out. I think if both teams played each other it would be a very good match up. Best Offense Vs. Best Defense. When BAMA's defensive players get a hold on those Oregon players they are gonna break a wing off. You can tell those BAMA defensive linemen like wings! :)

The NCAA has been looking into recruiting violations at Oregon. I think it is concerning the whole Nike connection (lots of Nike swag for recruits) and recruits participating in football camps which every program does. I am not being a hypocrite and saying BAMA has not had or probably still has had issues concerning recruiting.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

11. BAMABOY

I remember this story about Willie Lyles. A "Letter of Inquiry," from the NCAA is something very serious. Willie is a total pimp. I think LSU already had to pay a fine or something like that. For Oregon to outright pay him $25k to bring recruits on campus is serious. Willie has also done some work for Auburn (imagine that!) as well.

Most of those Oregon recruits are from Southern Cal. To get those kids to move all the way up to Oregon to a colder and wetter climate is a tough sell. I remember seeing a prospective Oregon recruit in the Seattle airport this past summer. He was from Louisiana and he was covered up in Nike/Oregon swag. I think there is a limit to stuff a university can also give a kid at a football camp. I am sure the "opening" is also under some scrutiny.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

14. BAMABOY

This article was from the Atlanta Journal Constitution. Georgia fans are just butt hurt because we keep recruiting their finest players out from under them. I am not saying BAMA is without sin. Our boosters are very hard to reign in. I am aware of this story. Auburn has done the same thing with a couple of prospective players. Getting them to transfer high school in-state. There has been no investigation or letter of inquiry from the NCAA so I am not concerned. Saban runs a very tight ship so whatever.

The Letter of Inquiry for Oregon from the NCAA is a very serious matter though. Usually when the NCAA starts sniffing around they will find something on your program. Oregon has a lot of red flags though with the whole Nike connection and kids getting tons of free Nike gear. I bet there aren't to many players on Oregon's squad that are actually are from Oregon. Alabama also recruits other states but we have many fine in-state players on the team as well.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you think a 'Letter of Inquiry' is going to stop Oregon from kicking Alabama's butt up one side of the field and down the other in a 2013 national championship game, you'd better think twice! :D

16. Fucktard

Fucktard Well-Known Member

Been a hectic week -- no time to be here taking my ass whooping. But go ahead now.

I had a flashback to Gator teams that folded under pressure and who couldn't play worth a damn on the road during the game. Oh, wait a sec, that really happened.

Seriously....the Gators offense is not producing. And who the hell is calling those plays? I mean, how many times do you try to run Gillislee up the middle before you figure out that it isn't working?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just say "no" to drugs.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's not a lost season yet for the Gators. They play 3 losers in a row and don't play a real team (Florida State) until the last game of the season right after turkey day. The problem is that Georgia plays 4 losers in a row. So the folks in Florida have to find Jesus and pray for a Georgia loss, which is unlikely from here on in.

19. Pale Horse

Pale Horse Guest

It's a real tragedy when schools like Oregon try to game the system. They should be ashamed of themselves.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WOW!

Did you see this?

"The University of Alabama athletic department committed 27 NCAA secondary rules violations over the past year, according to a summary on the school's website Tuesday"

27 NCAA rule violations at U of Alabama???

I thought those folks down south followed the word of the Good Book?

Maybe NCAA compliance should put a satellite office on the Tuscaloosa campus.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/8269962/alabama-crimson-tide-report-27-secondary-rules-violations