Need Advice

Discussion in 'Kimberly-Clark' started by Anonymous, Jan 15, 2012 at 10:45 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm trying to look at this with an open mind.

I'm interviewing for another device job. Would rather not say product to remain anonymous not to let on if I'm on the DH or respiratory side. I will have similar call points although products are somewhat different.

Base pay is $60k at plan is $145K
    no company car but $625 monthly allowance (not including gas)

401K (need to find out about company match)

Sometimes the devil that you know could be better than the devil you get.

Great products, a few aquisitions and two new products that should come to market within the next 12 months.

My reservations:

1. What if these new products do not come to market?
    2. Is the comp plan for real?
    3. What problems exist in the company now that I don't know about?
    4. What will my new manager be like?

I'm going in with my eyes wide open because I was certainly fed a line of shit when I joined KC.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do it!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AGREED!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Leave, you will not be missed. We will replace you quickly.

Hope you find the grass greener!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stay put! Things aren't always better somewhere else.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I need some advice. When I order my new company car should I get black or grey? I'm not sure how to handle this.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

KC is overall a very stable and profitable company. Granted you are not going to make 150-200/year, but compared to other jobs, there is still much less pressure here. Unless this is a great company and a step up, I would stay put. If it is a lateral move and you are not sure if you should take it, I would stay put. Sounds like it is neither of those.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Final interview

I made final interview for O.R. position and wanted some opinions. What is typical base? Support? Management? Environment? I'm currently in capital sales and it's pretty brutal with cutbacks and management changes. I would like to hear the good and bad. Thanks

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would hate to think a guy left this post. If so, you seriously need to grow a set. If not, then here are some thoughts.

Weigh the options intelligently - strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and advantages. When you think you have it figured out, bounce it off a good friend. Filter all you learned through yourself and be prepared to be decisive if/when the offer comes in.

Good luck!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Final interview

I don't mean to sound like a dick...but it's pretty stupid for you to post this on cafepharma...hmmm...supply side....comes from capital equipment...hmmm ....final interview...
    Gee, I think your potential manager could figure out who you are. You may have been smart enough to make it to the final interview but if the manager is reading this he will realize what a stupid thing you did and probably not be offered the job. I suggest refraining from these boards seeking advice, especially if you are in the interview process.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Final interview

I'm pretty sure it's a BS post. Who makes it to the final interview without ever discussing salary and bonus ranges??? That's done during the 1st phone screen.