nervous about interviewing with a 'Christian' company

Discussion in 'Atley Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Mar 12, 2009 at 9:50 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The bottom line is this - when a company feels the need to label themselves as a "Christian Company," that is your first red flag to not get attached to them. A good company with strong morals and values simply shows that through their actions. When someone or an organization labels themselves as Christian they are abusing that title for their own gaines. You do not have to advertise this. BEWARE

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If it was a rainbow coalition pharma company then that would be just fine with you homos? I thought so.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WTF scrolling through here with another pharma company this has got to be the most bizzare shit on here an evangelical pharma company LOL ! Screams discrimination beyond belief where are the feds !

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

whats up with always knocking "homos". I hope next time you or your family members are stranded on a highway or in a car wreck, you make sure to ask a good citizen offering to help whether they are gay or not. Also, make sure you don't get a gay surgeon, waiter, teacher,mechanic, RN, or any other gay professional involved in your life. I would love to see whether you can eliminate "homos" from your life, and if you can...good for you. You may just get second rate physicians and every thing else. Oh yea, one more thing...its losers like you who end up with gay kids and grand kids that you have to apologize to them and to God for mistreating your whole life. My old Regional discriminated agains anyone "homo" like and ended up telling everyone his son came out to him as gay...HA! But of course, he still loved him....too late for all the people he screwed that were "homos".

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Give me a break!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well your post shows your ignorance, and your discrimination against christians. You don't want to be discriminated against because your gay, yet you label christians with all the above stigmas. Should I call MSNBC and sue you for hate speech. There are christians who are not right wingers, while there might be some Priest who have molested children. I don't know that I would consider catholicism to line up with the bible on a lot of things. They are not the true church, So, don't lump all Preachers in with Priest. It is God's job to judge not ours. The truth is foolishness to those that are perishing. Open a Bible and read what is says not what some TV preacher did. Just because people claim to be a Christian does not mean that they are. There are plenty of right wingers on there way to hell. The problem with you is your a hypocrite. You bash us for hate speech and then use it against us with your discriminations. Jesus, said love one another as I have loved you. By this all men will know you are my disciples. This is how you can spot a true christian. Not because they go to church or give money or are a member of a certain political affiliation. Homosexuality in the Bible is a sin. So, is hate for your brother, telling a lie, looking upon another women with lust. So, all the homo bashers that have sin in their own life better look in the mirror. Homosexuality is not the be all end all sin. And you that judge might end up in hell if your not careful. I don't work for this company, but saw this post and thought I would interject.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just so you are aware.....they do often ask your family to attend the interviewing process as you get further along in the interviews. This may present a problem if you arrive with your partner. I am not saying it will but it may. They are a Christian organization based on firm beliefs. But one thing to consider when going to Atley is that you are straight commission and I know people that have been with the company for over 2 years and still not making commissions. They promise you a lot and follow through with very little. It also depends on the territory you will be working, if it is already established or not. A good morale company with great people but not a place to make a career of.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Gives new meaning to the term "straight commission""

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I interviewed w/ this company via a "cattle call" w/ them. It was during the heat of layoffs from many pharma companies. There were probably 50-75 people who attended the "informational." There were four or five Atley managers who set up after the informational tables and interviewed applicants; quick review of resumes. Those who made it through this process were told to fill out the application, which took awhile. I found my interviewer very amicable and candid about the company. I received a phone call that evening and came in the following day to interview with my original interviewer along with another HQ person and the mgr with whom I would be working. They had some "personality profiling" questions and really emphasized the challenges of owning your own territory. They were completely honest about the products and the challenges with them. There was a sales call role-playing segment. I really struggled with the thought of the commission only even though there is (a VERY minimal) base, mileage/benefits especially in contrast with what I'd previously made. The interviewers really made a point of making sure that, financially, I would be ok with the first 6-9mos and orienting w/ the company. From start to finish, they were very "family" oriented and they were interested in incorporating their sales into the "Atley family." This philosophy is out of the norm, especially in today's world and it's NOT for everybody.
    I was offered the position and prior to my making a decision, I was provided w/ a list of all the current reps/ph. numbers. I definitely utilized this to gain additional insight into the reality of commission based sales, the Atley mentality and longevity with the company. Additionally, my husband was invited to join me during the offer phase in order that he could ask ANY questions or voice concerns that he had.
    Atley had one of the most unique interview processes I've ever had. It's not about filling positions. They want to make sure you MATCH their philosophy (like any good company) so that they can have committed sales reps.
    Unfortunately, I had a family issue that arose and needed my immediate attention otherwise I would have accepted.
    It's a great company but the unique sense of family and philosophy, morals, values is not a match for everyone.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your right! Besides...Jesus had a beard and was a JEW to boot!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's a privately-held company. The owner can do anything he wants to do.

The only discrimination and social vitriol allowed in America today is directed at Christians. Can you imagine the roar that would ensue if somebody posted with such venom against a "Gay Company"?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A christian company lol. I worked for this company in is very early days. Commission was lowest in the market, milage was 14 cents per mile if they accepted your milage log. They went as far as to say instead of paying for breakfest go by a hotel that offers free breakfest and act like you are staying there to eat free. They would call your home phone number to see if you picked up if you did they would just hang up and put a note in your personnal file that you were not working at this time. There way of justifying your 12K/year income. No one could afford gas even back then. At sales meeting it was more like church they even popped in your hotel room unannounced to make sure there was no drinking and you were doing the right thing (as they viewed it). Atley had onr of the best trainners in the industry at that time he was so mortified at the way business was being conducted and the way employees were being treated he left the industey completely. Where is the ley portion of the name Atley? Stay Away!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the best oral sex i ever had was from a gay man, that doesn't make me gay, does it?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Houston, you have a problem...

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

why? he blew me.. not the other way around

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Many Atley employees have nubbins that most guys would only dream of. Don't know what it is but Atley grows those love buttons pretty big. Take a look the next time you are at sales training or at the home office. Many of these nubbins would put many guys to shame!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

is tasting your own semen a gay act?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

depends who is feeding it to you