Neuro salesforce- Erenuab for migraine

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by anonymous, Jun 5, 2017 at 2:33 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amgen is a biotech company that used to stand above the rest. It is now no different (or much worse) than the worst of big pharma. First, it was the hires from AZ. Now, in the new Neuro arena, it's a he primary care boneheads from
    Avanir. Seriously?????

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Has anyone else not heard anything, either way?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amgen thought they were getting the best reps so Lily or Teva couldn't. What happened is the best were passed over for the family medicine script reading reps, many from Avanir. The good reps that got offers are still going to continue the process with Lily. I am one. Amgen offered me a good job but the experience was so slimy that I can't believe the launch will be different. Sad, very sad. I'll take that Amgen check but hope I don't have to be here long.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You were robbed. I thought I signed for $69. That barely covers my airport parking and it cost me a vacation day. I expect to sacrifice to move up but this was a pathetic experience and a wasted vacation day even if I get an offer

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Worst experience of my life. They can keep their offer. I do not want to work for them.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I've heard the NY manager is terror to work for.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have not heard either way, but I’m in Chicago area and it’s a total cluster.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yea, I've worked for him -- he is... and he sends very, very looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong, tiring, time-consuming emails. Worst part is, when you get to the bottom of the email, you have no fking idea what you just read, lol. GOOD LUCK!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nailed it! They assembled an all-star marketing-medical group for this drug so I figured the sales hires would follow suit. Somehow these Avanir fools penetrated the division and the best candidates were overlooked. Avanir is truly the worst excuse for a pharma company, they only hire leftovers and bottom of the barrell. Why weren't the marketing gurus involved in interviews and hiring? They've been around for a while and understand what type of reps are needed in the field. This is a real sh#t show, TSP, please reboot and start over.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nailed it! They assembled an all-star marketing-medical group for this drug so I figured the sales hires would follow suit. Somehow these Avanir fools penetrated the division and the best candidates were overlooked. Avanir is truly the worst excuse for a pharma company, they only hire leftovers and bottom of the barrell. Why weren't the marketing gurus involved in interviews and hiring? They've been around for a while and understand what type of reps are needed in the field. This is a real sh#t show, TSP, please reboot and start over.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Dr to Rep
    I am interested in these new migraine drugs, BUT I am concerned about Long Term CV impact with yours because it is the only one with Total Cgrp Blockade.
    Do you have a Long Term CV study?

Rep to Dr
    No, but we have great company cars, a 10% 401k match and I role played really well with my DM in Dallas and she told me this is a silly question, and that I rock with my visual aid.

Dr to Rep
    You’re right, I’ll just Rx the Lilly or Teva one.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I cannot wait to watch these loser fail.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Seriously?? He spent all day telling everyone how valuable he was to Avanir and how valuable he is to Amgen? He made that shit up? LOL. Total douchebag loser.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

First of all there are a lot of disgruntled bitter reps who didn't get the job. Amgen is a great place to work, and it's a coveted position.

I have heard a few of these managers were not the best who were interviewing and the entire TSP process was a debacle, but that's the way it goes in this industry with all of these outside recruiting companies. A few Enbrel reps, unlike what some idiot said on this board, moved over (along with some bone health reps), but they had to interview just like everyone else, and managers only took the best of the best to launch this product. some had neuroscience experience and others were just solid reps who had performed well and knew how to launch drugs.

Amgen didn't offer anyone 160K-that is a joke. They didn't negotiate much on this at all. I think top salaries were in the 120's from what I've heard. They did give some good sign ons, and I think there's a lot of launch money to be made. These supposed safety issues are not real and it's bitter folks trying to make up crap on these boards. they are angry they didn't get the job.

I'm excited to start, and if they don't pay us well, they'll lose us to Lilly and Teva though it's probably a step back as they are not biotech. I'd prefer to be in biotech. The Chicago manager was hired, and he starts Monday. I have no idea why Chicago was such a mess. I heard from my internal referral that someone backed out or didn't make it thru the process.

Bitter reps who were not selected need to know that it's a tough place to get into. try another time or be more prepared.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you think this is biotech you have already lost.