NeurogesX

Discussion in 'NeurogesX' started by Anonymous, Jan 17, 2010 at 3:33 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can anyone provide any updates for the company?

My understanding is they are hiring for Account Management backround, Pain Management contacts with knowledge of Reimbursement.

What is the salary range for new hires with experience? Is $110,000-$120,000 out of the question if that is what you are making currently.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

unfortunately the company is not doing well and they have sold very few patches nationally - doesn't look good

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I interviewed with NeurogesX and I made it to the final interview. They decided to go with the other candidate. I found another great opportunity.

How is Quetenza doing? Is there coverage? Are you making any bonuses? If so, how much? I want to see if I was lucky that I did not get the job.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please do tell. I think this is a great product but will take a bit to get off the ground-hopefully they are patient. I assume this will be a product that will be prescribed, and not given in the office/chance for Medicare part B reimbursement.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not getting completely reimbursed....not getting approved onto hospital formularies.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Our bonus should be based on the number of lunches! Management could care less about sales goals

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Recently had an interview w/ NeurogesX. Doesn't sound like a good opportunity. Huge territories. Mgr described company as "chaotic". Sales force is struggling to gain usage by docs. Mgr was very unfriendly. No longer interested in the opportunity after interview. In a word....Disappointed.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, it is horrible here - you have excellent instincts! You would be a rock star if you sold 5 patches by now - and that should tell you a lot since we all have been working our asses off for 4 months. Management was okay at first, but now they are getting more and more desperate as the months go on. There is absolutely no incentive for the physicians to buy the patch and tie up a patient room for a long time. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I interviewed with Susan from Atlanta. I knew more about buy and bill than she did. She was condescending and rude. I am an older rep, and I would not be able to work for a young insecure manager who obviously got this position because she probably knew someone.
    Best of luck to the company.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Glad it didn't work out for me too! I couldn't agree more about your assessment of the manager! Suzanne was very unfriendly and rude! This is unusual in our business. It wasn't worth the time I spent researching the drug and the $2 I spent on parking!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I interviewed with Suzanne as well. Though I didn't get the position I found her to be very open and honest about the situation at the company. Having been with another small biotech in launch mode, I have been in the situation she described. I found her to be friendly and excited about the product and the future or the company.She never seemed condesending or rude to me.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you Suzanne

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I interviewed in Seattle about 4 weeks ago. They are looking strong formulary win experience. I have worked with formulary but not as another person being interviewed. There were no STAR questions or BS. I got good feedback on my rejection call. I found the recruiter who works for them and the RBD I intereviewed with very personable and straightforward. The product is already covered by Medicare and Medicaid so I am not sure for the formulary push since it is the first of its kind and very specialized. I almost got the feeling they are not sure who to target and how to target this audience for immediate ROI.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How much longer will this sinking ship last? The sales projections are not even a fraction of what they estimated and no one is making dramatic sales. What are they thinking? After months of being on the market, physicians are not going to suddenly start writing. A sale might be in the future...

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dumbass they want formulary win experience on hospital's formulary. You don't have experience with P&T obviously?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree. I don't foresee this company lasting more than an additional year. Even if they have deep $ pockets, they will come to the realization that the product will not suddenly "take off" since it hasn't already. More than likely, the product will be up for a quick sale and done very silently.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The company will more than likely fold in December.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

More than likely, they are looking for buyers right now. The patch has literally flatlined.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My manager is actually helping us all find new jobs. Can you spell future disaster! I am blessed at least to have an understanding boss.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My advise is if your not very solid with reimbursement/authorization and getting docs comfortable spending money be careful. It is not a "sign here for your sample doctor" type of job, it's a real sales position and you better know your shit. This is not a typical pharma/biotech. Sales process has lots of moving parts. Docs see huge possibilities in different ICD-9 codes. Company needs to do major patient focused marketing if going to get PHN pts in the docs door. Docs have never seen a product like this so it will take time but for those who are solid buy and bill/device reps it's a good place to be.