NEUROLOGY EXPANSION??

Discussion in 'Alexion' started by anonymous, Jan 19, 2018 at 8:58 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

and yet somehow the survey showed massive problems in morale and culture. huh.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Leave!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I also applied for the position in Chicago and did not hear back. I am currently selling in the orphan biologic neurology space. I also live in the norther suburbs as the position requested. Does anyone know if the position was pulled and not going to be filled?

Thank you

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The intensity and number of hours you will work will not equate to anything better than the average biotech start up at $/hour invested.
    It’s all about your manager. If he/she “gets it” and allows you some space to grow, succeed and at times stumble and recover... you may stay a while. If your manager smothers you, and most do!, 2 years will become an eternity.

The stock has taken a beating. So the “equity pull” should be offset by $160K-$170K on RAM base if you’re wise. (Trust me. They’ve got the dough.)

I would hunt down as many current and former Alexites as possible. Do yo’ due diligence. ;)

Good luck. And remember... it’s a career, not a religion. Do not sign the billion year contract when you get to initial training.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Will they do cash sign on bonuses or is it stock only? Casje is preferred and the last company I went with gave me both. Just curious because cash dign on may make the devision for me if they are in range on salary.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They only do cash sign-ons for people with a current version of spellcheck.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Spelling like that.....you would fit right in!!!!! Apply!!!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Apply!!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well when you used to be a sr regional manager and you decide you dont want to travel 4 days a week, the negotiated rate was 162k. That was only a 55k pay cut to demote yourself at new biotech company. I'm actually happy where I am, but was reached out to by a recruiter for the RAM role and was told base could go up to 170k for qualified candidates. Sounds like it's not worth the 8k raise and headache to join at this point.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agreed!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They are filled. Those reps are in training now

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They had interviews for neuro last week in Boston, does anyone know if the made offers on those positions?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They will give both

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Alexion retains some incredibly unscrupulous recruiters. Don’t believe a word they say. Track down current and former RAMs

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Have they completed the expansion? There are a lot of jobs still posted.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The recruiter said it was a cure for GMG, nothing I found on google or webmd suggest there is a cure but rather a surgical procedure with about 50% remission. Is the recruiter lying or is there a new indication that we don't know about? How bad is the culture? WHere do the majority of the leadership team come from? Is it all ex big pharma? Please be candid, I don't want to waste 1/2 day of my life to as there are plenty of good companies hiring. The salary got my attention! Thanks all!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What is the salary range you were quoted?

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Recruiter reached out to me, whole song and dance, great money, manager, product, pipeline, blah blah blah.
    Can't wait to present you. I sent resume and completed questionnaire and she went dark!!!