NEUROLOGY EXPANSION??

Discussion in 'Alexion' started by anonymous, Jan 19, 2018 at 8:58 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you are unemployed, take the job and just keep interviewing. Biggest mistake you will make is shutting down your job search. This is an incredibly stressful job for basically just the (sort of) upper end of biotech pay scale. And that’s only if you hit plan, which ain’t no gimme.
    You can hit a home run with other start ups and dwarf any potential Alexion earnings. And your quality of life will be tolerable. And you can certainly make more in device or CE... etc. just sayin.

Step 1: Take the job.
    Step 2: Keep interviewing.
    Step 3: Don’t put Alexion on your resume or LinkedIn until you’ve been there at least 6 months. By then, you’ll know if you were hosed on some “expansion opportunity” and/or if you’re manager is a crazyBird. Any cray-manager is really bad in biopharma. But combined with this company culture (emphasize—-> “cult”) and job demands, you will age in dog years, which will become painfully apparent when you show up to the trainings and frequent meetings.

Remember... dog years.

Not pretty.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks! after reading the posts have already lost interest! Sounds like a shit show

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This place is the definition of shit show...many people think coming to Alexion was the biggest mistake of their career for what it is worth. Don't be fooled by $$ signs if you are employed and happy.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’m here for 10 months and love it. Wow, they actually make me work for a living, hustle, and EARN my dollars. What a concept in pharma. If you don’t want to be held accountable, then move on. This ain’t your average nonsense pharma job.

Love it here. Love the culture. Love the pay, LOVE the product. It’s amazing.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amen! I feel the same way. Love me some Alexion

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who is this manager out of jersey? I've never experienced such a complete douche. Did some checking up and it didn't take much to figure out he's a pretender. No talent jerkoff was one bit of feedback and the other person said something like junior mafioso wannabe, lmfao. Bigger question is what kind of company allows a putz like that to manage a sales team!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nah. I’ve been there. You’re a different bird if you really belive your own words. Either that, or you’ve got the only cool manager at Big A.

Buyer beware.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you are new here, a year or less this is a honeymoon phase. You got a big raise, a nice sign on, and a top bonus plan. After a year or so you will realize that the money carrot wasn’t worth it unless you have a great manager who gets it. Problem here is first line managers, 90% of them, are total clowns. When I talk with most of them they are totally big pharma micromanagers that are insecure and arrogant. If you are looking for a short term stay go for it. If you are looking for more than a couple years look elsewhere.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

im here 15 months and I love It here also. Find me one thread on this entire website that doesn’t complain, bitch and moan. If you don’t like it here you won’t like it anywhere! Alexion is a great place.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Funny you should mention that. He’s a total moron! I’ve known of this guy for years and he’s unbelievable. No talent, no idea how to manage or motivate people, just horrific. He won’t last though, leadership will eventually catch up to him.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Huh! What are you doing on CP at 2pm ? Don't you have case manager to harass or some infusion office to badger ? All this company cares about is shipped drug .... I mean patients.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

When is the Jersey Manager going to start reaching out to candidates?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Initials of douche?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Has anyone had an interview yet for this expansion? Heard they are only considering neuro background.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

New East Director will be named this week or early next week. Then RSM or DM spots will be filled quickly.. new RSMs or DMs will hire their own teams.. As the industry goes, the Director will pull his friends to be managers, and the manager will pull his / her old team. Neuro may not matter if you know someone hiring. For now, the recuiters are saying Neuro and relationships are mandatory. But that's just for now.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hey hope all is well. Does anyone know if they will be expanding in all major markets? I live in Wisconsin, but VERY close to Illinois. With ease I could work Chicagoland and Milwaukee, just asking I have not seen the posting on the company page

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Any news on the FL manager?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

His name is Donnie Brasco

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

He only hires people who are willing to do his dirty work and kiss his ring, thinks he's The Godfather ...

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don’t know him well, but I like him. Straight shooter.