Neuroscience Account Manager North Seattle

Discussion in 'Otsuka' started by anonymous, Oct 4, 2019 at 12:04 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

SEAMAR Medical Centers...closed to reps as well

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Regional and national management have shot themselves in the foot regarding their activities with the Seattle territory. Idiots!!

Well, Karma is a bitch!!

Applicants beware!!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This thread is an absolute blast!!!! Funny as hell!! I thought about applying, but after reading all these posts, I dropped the thought about applying within a second. Thank you, reading this thread was time well spent!! I feel sorry for the poor sucker who falls for this BS!

This position is CAREER KILLER, with boredom, pressure, and frustration up my ass all day!!! No thank you!!

Let national and regional management work it if they are so smart!!!

The other threads were not exactly complimentary of Otsuka either...

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I dont know anything about seattle territory but you need to understand that every CP forum is filled with bitter miscreants, so negative feelings towards the company is obligatory. Otsuka actually pays really well with great benefits for good products.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

True, Otsuka pays relatively well and has good benefits, but it does not change the realities about the Seattle North territory. It also does not change the fact that the regional director RP along with the regional director from Lundbeck negatively affected the careers of at least 4 representatives and one District manager. In the meantime, Seattle North continues to perform pretty much at the bottom of any ranking you look at despite the changes that these two directors made! All with the blessings of upper management!! And I have news for you: It won’t change anytime soon!!!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Otsuka management made changes without understanding the Seattle market!! Since the new reps are not performing better than the old reps, the question is: a) Were the old reps really that bad, and b) why don't the new reps perform better? Are the new reps incompetent too? If so, what does that say about the people hiring them? The new reps had more than enough time to turn things around. It did not happen. And guess what: The regional director still does not get it!! Adding another Ready Now rep won't solve a thing!!! It just makes him feel better, because he "has done something about the problem and hopefully that will solve the issue". It's absolutely laughable! But that is what happens when you don't understand your market!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Didn’t the DMs stand up for the reps?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't know for sure, but I don't think so...

The Lundbeck DM (LB) couldn't even save her own skin. She was experienced and not at fault at what happened. But Lundbeck needed a scapegoat so they needed to bring in new blood. The company hired BH who is a nightmare to work for and everyone in his district hates him so much, that all the reps want to leave. I spoke to all of them and these poor souls are absolutely miserable!!

The Otsuka DM was fairly new at the time, very nice, but the regional director RP only hires DMs that don't challenge or oppose him...he is not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

..."not the sharpest tool in the shed" is an understatement...But everybody has a mortgage up their ass and needs to eat, so they stick their heads in his ass...sickening!!

I have lost respect for him a long time ago. He is really good at throwing people under the bus!! I walk away as soon as I see him.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Every potential manager, besides having proper qualifications, should be subjected to a psychological examination before becoming a manager. A lot of people would fail the exam and never become manager, and a lot of people would sleep better at night without worrying about their future or the next ride-along!!

I myself have experienced it 3 times in my career, survived all 3 of these jerks, but it took a lot out of me...

Instead we have incompetent managers with massive egos on power trips costing companies fortunes. Not only at Otsuka, but at other companies and other industries as well. Of course, top management would never implement it, as chances are very high they would fail as well!!!

I know KM and RP are reading this!!! Please look in the mirror!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So quit

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Totally agree with you, but at my age it's better to hang in there a few more months before I retire...

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I see your point. You have to weigh the good with the bad. Is it worth putting up with BS for a few months or a couple years? Probably.
    If you're under 40, the answer is no, but I think the same issues are endemic of our industry. Best to get out of Pharma altogether in that case. Hang in there, the benefits are good and the pay is not bad.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sad lonely fuck!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Unfortunately top management sticks together, protecting each other. They are in this game only for themselves and consider us lucky to work for them!! Well times are changing. Vraylar is eating our lunch and soon the new drug for schizophrenia will eat the rest of us.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lundbeck here...Totally agree. It is living hell here in the Pacific Northwest. Nothing new to talk about, pressure as hell, and our new DM is a complete idiot. Everyone just wants to leave...Looks like your RD is a real peach. It always amazes me how these assholes get in these positions. In the end they leave a total mess behind them, get promoted or retire, while the reps they mistreated have a tough time finding another gig. No feelings of guilt or remorse!! These RDs are so stupid, they don't even realize that they took the wrong actions, spending a small fortune to find and train new reps that absolutely make no difference.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There was a time when over 400 mostly young and well qualified people applied to the position of 'Pharmaceutical Representative, Seattle, WA".

Meanwhile, this position has been open for an incredible 14 months...

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Were the previous reps in their 50's or older?

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, they were....thrown under the bus by the previous DM, then the regional director directed the bus, while M. Coyne drove the bus...mission accomplished, they thought!!

Hasn't accomplished a damn thing. Hope they are proud of themselves...

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest