Never changing

Discussion in 'OsteoMed' started by anonymous, Jan 12, 2016 at 6:23 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

SBO is the heartbeat of OsteoMed, it funds CMF, Spine, and Power. Those divisions go in spurts but will never get the support of SBO. Walt is the filter, he determines what goes up the ladder and what stops at him. He's a nice guy but has no desire to better himself or the company, he's happy with his checks and just working toward retirement. The Pritzker sisters treat OM like a side hobby and are totally fine with leaving it as is. They would rather be out protesting for women's rights or volunteering for the Democratic Party.

As a former employee, I had a good run there and, for the most part, enjoyed most of the people. Bottom line is, that place is NEVER going to change. I would be shocked if they ever sold, it's just not their M.O. I turned my success there into a job with one of the big players. It's really nice to go into accounts that have actually heard of your company and want to use your products, rather than begging for business or meetings with docs. Having corporate support for contracting, pricing, product information, marketing, engineering, and product development doesn't suck either.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pretty spot on here. They just can't get out of their own way and have done a great job of running off some very talented people. If you can mold yourself to the system and figure out how to make that work in your territory, then you have a chance. If not, it will be a lot of heartburn and time spent looking for the next gig. They unfortunately don't know what they are doing in the orthopedic world and this is from conversations I have had, not me speaking, although I agree wholeheartedly.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are the other Colson companies like that?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Spot on from someone who spent over a decade there. Ultimately, it is your job as the rep to get things done, but when the company creates as many road blocks as the customer, you have issues and good people leave. Dave Kelly left. A second time I might add, so you can extrapolate out of that what you want. He fired the best RM the company had ever had IMO. Certainly do miss the people I worked with, but not the atrocious leadership and business vision. Still a starter company for most. Average tenure is 2-3 years with a handful being able to make it past 5 years. Probably 10% of the salesforce. If any potentials ever want an objective run down, I'm willing to have a discussion. Cheers and good luck!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Change is coming. Get ready folks. It is going to be a great ride.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Something that was said the entire time I was there. Good luck with that.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No arguement here. It is a shame. Change is needed Walt.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes. OMed cannot move forward until leadership decides to work within today's sales environment.
    The glory days of old are long past. The competition is fierce now. We need to adapt.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Aint gonna happen.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How is everyone's month going? I am killing it.