Never seen morale this low

Discussion in 'Shire' started by anonymous, Jan 18, 2017 at 7:51 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As someone who's been around well over 10 years, I've never seen morale so low. I've been through a lot of management changes over the years and It's insane how much the culture has changed and how bad things are now. It's incredibly sad to see such a great company brought to it's knees by the shit show management that's in place. The nation is 95% to goal and it's just like "hey sorry about that, we missed a forecast". Meanwhile 4th quarter isn't looking promising for the nation. The weird secrecy around why 4th quarter bonuses were so late. This whole "realignment" where everyone was promised jobs, then reps are laid off out of nowhere today. The continued "dangling of the carrot" with these new territories. "i mean we know, but we don't know, but what we know, we don't know, we will tell you guys in a week, oh wait you wouldn't work hard enough for us, so never mind you'll find out "after the NSM".. OH WAIT we will just tell you the last day of the quarter b/c these lazy ass reps won't work. Oh wait, i mean we don't know again, the RDs have no say (meanwhile RD's out there are already sharing what their new regions look like). But hey, "business as usual guys", be grateful the company is taking such good care of you. " I guess all of the bad press on this b&L "dream team" is true. They come in, try to sell the company off to make millions, but when that doesn't work they shred it into the ground then move on to the next. But wait....Flemming said "he loves the sales force" "Oh and hey, i really really care about you guys".....Riiiiiigggggghhhhtttt.....

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What a sad day. So sorry to those who were cut today and had no idea.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The cuts aren't finished yet - there's more to come. These are rolling cuts - sales force by sales force. Flemming, his flying monkey PS and their resident dried out old hag KK are at it again. Watch history slowly repeat itself this time in the Shire. Btw it doesn't end well just look at their past history. Only those without any other prospects will stay.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree completely with your well written observations. But with all due respect, where the hell have you been? This behavior started In 2014 when these interlopers first took over the NBU and starting moving good people out who were too smart for their liking. One of the main reasons they closed Chesterbrook was to "ethnic cleanse" the company.

So if you are just noticing this now, at the very least, I'm finally glad you woke up. The rest have been living this nightmare for over two years now.

Good luck comrade

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You have to remember that in their eyes we are an expendable resource and they are only concerned about the bottom line so they will cut resources whenever it improves the bottom line. I laugh at how many old time Shire employees talk about loyalty and how loyal they are to Shire, that is so naive! Do you think Shire is loyal to anyone other than the cronies who run this company? Phlem will only take care of himself and his circle of friends everyone else is expendable.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agree with you 100%, just stating that this is the lowest of the lows with the layoffs out of nowhere, an entire sales force not hitting goals, and the way the realignment has been handled. I've never been a fan of this shit show and it's only getting worse

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

and they STILL haven't told us how we are paid- explain how that motivates a sales force.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As far as goals go, PS deliberately inflates them to get you try harder. When you don't hit the target he "usually" adjusts them to look like the hero when in actuality the new 100% is really something like 102% of the goal needed before he raised it. He saves money by paying 100% on what should have been a 102% number. Sneaky shit huh? Thats just the tip of the iceberg with this band of thieves.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And these new goals, what do they mean with no example of what these numbers would have looked like in Q4 for example? I have no idea what I'm looking at, looks like much less scripts but could be more.

Whatevs though I'm happy to have a job, my manager is cool and all in all this job is better than most other in pharma from what I hear!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is BIG PHARMA at its finest. It's sad how they treat people and then try to make it sound better by saying they were "displaced" . This use to be a place that loyalty did matter and where people were valued. To the new people, congratulations.... Enjoy your high salary and easy job while it lasts. To the tenured people, shire is now the place they preached against when you started. There are NO opportunities for development or growth. If you can play the game and your manager isn't a crazy micromanaging psycho and you are happy with the flexibility then by all means ride it out with the knowledge that someday that awful phone call could be to you. Loyalty sadly doesn't pay in this business AND particularly not at Shire.....the grass IS greener, the pay IS better, and you CAN think for yourselves where your insight and opinion does matter SOMEWHERE else.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Actually the grass is just about the same shade of green wherever you go. I've been to three places and working on my fourth. My strategy is to hop to the next highest bidder. Never get too attached to one place and always look out for #1 (while making sure you don't step in #2)

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Adding to the LOW MORALE, are several questions that will never get answered.
    Why have "displaced" reps removed from territory prior to announcing the changes in Q2?
    How many sales calls have they just taken away?
    Why not "tweak" the maps to make sure they had a territory to show loyalty?
    Why not allow "displaced" reps oppty to take another role in different division WITHOUT having to interview?
    Why not allow "displaced" reps oppty to take an "expansion" territory WITHOUT having to interview?
    Will "displaced" reps be pro rated q1 bonus?
    It seems their may be some motive why some reps were "displaced"?
    Lots of unanswered questions in addition to those surrounding scripts, goals, telling us which roles, geographies and so on...
    But yes thankful to have a territory with a great company but do have questions..
    Not being negative, but simply have questions that an employee should be allowed to ask/voice.
    Ready for the NSM to see the pyramid where the sales force is the TOP!
    Shire truly is a good company to work for, just lots of questions in regards how this "acceleration" is being rolled out.
    "Let's continue to make Shire Great"

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

OOOOHHHHHH newbie keep drinking the Koolaid. You must not know yet but I'll let you in on a secret, but don't tell ok? ITS OK TO VOICE YOUR OPINION!?! I've been through 4 "downsizings" here and the later of each was a joke. Once you're "displaced", your like the smallest fish in the net that was kept only because you were caught first. Or the kid on the playground being picked second to last only because you can put your body in front of the kickball but can't catch it. If you actually believe Shire cares about you, ask yourself this question. When was the last time someone, ANYONE recognized you for your contributions? Never I'm sure is the answer and all you are is a number on an excel spreadsheet in someone's office who can be thrown back into the pond at anytime just because. Don't hate the messanger just telling you like it is. Hope the Koolaid tastes great though.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Reading comprehension isn't a strength of yours, huh? o_O

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Some good people were displaced. Unfortunately it is business and like the previous poster said, it all comes down to maps and spreadsheets....not people. They will all be better off in the long run!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh it is; about as strong as your earlier post which sounds like a baby crying who just crapped their pants and needs mommy. I can smell you from here and your pants need to be changed. Comprende?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh, you poor dear. I know you try hard.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

L Ron Hubbard invented this new breed of troll! Fake News Alert!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It is pretty much the same at all pharma companies so I make the best of it even though I'm not completely happy. It could be worse.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Embarrassingly weak reply.