Never sign a Performance Improvement Plan

Discussion in 'The Darkened Sample Closet' started by anonymous, Mar 24, 2022 at 6:02 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just a friendly reminder.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks Pops.

Actually, a friend of mine (who is the best salesperson I have ever encountered) signed one when he was in his early 30s because a regional manager had it out for him and wanted him to sign. He didn't know any better and signed it to "stick it to them". He was naive. When it came time for the downsizings, he was let go. And that cost him a ton of money in stock options as well. He was a confident, cocky, naive person at the time. He is still doing well, but it really set him back, when he tried to prove himself to people that didn't have any integrity.

I agree.

Never sign it. Better move is to just let them fire you if they have an issue with you. You will get un-employment, and in many cases, sue them for wrongful termination.

These corporations are crazy for the most part and don't care about you. Good reminder OP. Much appreciated.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pops is correct here.
    some thoughts:
    1. Never sign it.

2. Only get an attorney if they fire you.

3. Never admit to anything that makes you look bad.

4. go on short term disability if you to buy time (stress related is good, they don't have to know the medical issue).

5. be cunning if necessary.

6. learn the concept of "tricking the trickster", that is, play everything cool, but know that you are dealing with snakes in suits at HR and Management. they are not your friends. So, always understand that regardless of how they want you to let your guard down. They are snakes. They don't like you. They will get rid of you at any notice. be smart and like the OP says, never sign anything that puts you in a bad light.

7. don't ever work for a public traded company in the corporate world. they are animals. predatory companies that see you as labor only, and want you to do all the work, while they collect the profits. So, I would add this: if you happen to work for one of these companies, cut as many corners as you can and don't work hard unless they are watching. just pretend you are busy at all times, but in real time, don't bust your rear end for them because they don't care about you.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Great post.
    It is true.
    I signed one years ago because these managers didn't like me, despite being a top performer.
    I could never figure these idiots out.
    They are GLIP pieces of garbage, who are likely going to spend so time in hell when they die. That sucks for them.

There are always consequences for being an evil person.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

***GLIB***

but, they are probably GLIP too.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

glip, glib, what difference does it makes.
    this industry is a bad nightmare.

it was that way from the beginning for me, when I didn't know that these companies were getting my best years in life, a young, intelligent, and confident person, to peddle their destructive products.

those years would have better spend building and insurance or real estate business or even doing something more productive like a fitness instructor (which I think is the best "job" out there because of all the positive benefits you are giving to your customers.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sociopathic personalities who sold their souls for power, status, and money. And the corporate world loves them!