Nevro or Nuvectra

Discussion in 'Nevro' started by anonymous, Dec 30, 2016 at 10:32 AM.

1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Let me help you my technically-challenged friend.

If you want to read them all you do is go to
    https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cdrh/cfdocs/cfMAUDE/TextSearch.cfm
    Click on "ALL YEARS" and in the search bar type "Nevro and explant" or "Algovita and explant."

MAUDE entries for Nevro and Explant totals 213 but at least some of those entries say "not explanted" so more like 167.

MAUDE entries with Algovita and Explant total 13. There aren't many entries in MAUDE for Algovita. Takes less than ten minutes to read them all even if you're one of the mouth-breathing, knuckle-dragging, entitled sales reps I compete against.

No, they tell you to return the devices. Even in their labeling. Physician manual says "All explanted IPGs should be returned to Nevro Corp." In case you don't have your own copy in your competitive literature library, here's the version from the FDA submission.
    https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cdrh_docs/pdf13/P130022d.pdf

They tell you to return them to analyze device failures - in part to sort out legitimate issues from non-issues. Also to say anything else would be even dumber than your post.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So based on the MAUDE data you quoted, that would be an explant rate of >1% for Nevro, and 10% for Algovita.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Actually, 13 explants would be more like a 17% explant rate for Nuvectra.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Where do you get 10% from? 130 implants? algovita us sales were 3.2 million last quarter only. not disputing that's a relatively small number. Is their reimbursement that high? just wondering if your research or your math is questionable.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Does it matter really? One company's product sales and culture is imploding and the other is trying to figure out why they can't find adopters to use their product

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think you mean sales are exploding? Have you seen their Q2 report? That happened in 2 years. At the rate they're growing they'll market leader by mid 2018. It took Boston 10 years to achieve that. What they have done alteady is pretty scary, culture problems aside. If they fix the culture the other SCS companies are going to be crushed. Nuvectra is a joke. A me-too product sold by being the cheapest price. Already using distributors. In other words they are desperate.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is true. A lot of Nevro's challenges are self-imposed. Once they get out of their own way, look out.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Rami owns this space. Think about it. He is the genius that blue printed Nevros meteoric rise and helped make neuromodulation what it is today. Really a thought leader that will be credited with reinvention of this incredible therapy.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

He's also an arrogant as hell and treats his people like shit. Guess you can't have it all.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you're anywhere near his orbit, you should consider yourself lucky. Some day you can tell your grand children that you were one of the fortunate few to be tread upon by Rami on his ascent to the royal court of Silicon Valley.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

you are joking right? Pass the pipe and explain those explants to the patients or your fired too

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Where is the evidence for all these explants? Nevro has the lowest explant rate in SCS. Even competitive Abbott/SJM papers show it, which makes Abbott/SJM look unbelievably stupid.

Nevro became the market leader in australia, europe. Soon to be US. At some point you have to see you lost the argument.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I know you are, but what am I?!?!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How is this working out for you?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

almost every day is a new low for nuvectra share price. take a look at the last month. decline is almost linear. also going to dilute current holders by $25 mil. why sell product when can sell stock?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nuvectra will be in Stryker's bag in the next 8-10 weeks....

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Press “X” to doubt

How good is Nuvectra’s product feedback management system? What are regulatory/compliance risks of acquiring them (SEE: Medtronic acquiring Kyphon and the resulting headaches)?

Things are cheap for a reason. Caveat emptor.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bu Bye!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are we (Nuvectra) headed back to Integer? As a functioning company or just pieces? I need to know if I'm out of a job!!