New CIO

Discussion in 'Johnson & Johnson IT' started by anonymous, Aug 29, 2019 at 9:47 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Shareholders want costs cut. IT dept is loaded with dead weight. Like tits on a boar they are.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Everything must go!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ha! I'll bet TW did think he was to be the CIO - he is no match for the CIO role - he has neither the track record, respect, credibility, nor leadership chops to be an effective CIO - low calibre fellow

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Very well stated!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Some of the legacy VPs will be released before YE. The aggressive re-structuring will be completed in Q1 and the ratio of direct reports to VPs will be optimized to industry standards. Translation, 50% of the VPs will be cut and not replaced.

Anyone care to guess which of the dead wood IT VPs go first? Some have stated TW and AC from pharma. My guess is TW before YE...

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who will go first vs who should go first are not aligned I predict.

The first one out should be CD, that guy adds no value to the org and is the worst people leader ever experienced in my career. He needs to be replaced by a qualified VP who respects our credo and can inspire staff through effective leadership. Just ask anyone on his team to get the real story.

Who else should be in line for the door: SW, SP, AC they are all in over their heads and not effective leaders. How they have avoided these reorganizations is a mystery, they must have a godfather somewhere.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What of ABB the CIO at Jansen? Is he still around? There was general shock when he got that role back in 2012

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

ABB is a remnant of LaVerne. He will not thrive under JS.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Tom W is a bully, untrustworthy and doesn't know how to manage a team - unless he shouts and threatens them. He has always been a kiss up, kicked down guy. I don't know anyone that has worked for him that respects him. Jim S, on the other hand has always been respected by his peers and those below him. He knows his stuff and is someone you can trust. I hope Jim does bring his recent weeding expertise to get rid of the likes of Tom W and others like him.