New Comp Plan

Discussion in 'Synthes' started by anonymous, Jan 2, 2019 at 4:09 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

1). How long until the new one is rolled out?

2). What will the new base rate be?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

senior reps are already being told we are getting an extra .5% to be a pod leader, for retention purposes. anyone else hear this from their RM

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is deceiving - the base will be reduced to a “new normal” of 6-7% and then the POD leader will get an additional half point, so it’d be 6.5% or 7.5% instead of 6% or 7%

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What a joke of a comp plan. 7 or 7.5 percent commission in this day and age is a complete joke. Those rates are not sustainable in this pricing pressure environment. How they have any reps left is a complete mystery. The only reason they stay is because they don’t have the ability to leave. What a depressing, terrible situation to wake up to each day. The demolition is almost complete boys.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What a joke of a comp plan. Total and utter joke. Any life rafts left boys.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Run... fast.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

anyone that didnt leave within 24 months of the merger is a fool. the writing was on the wall. either they didnt have anywhere to go, because they didnt have long term relationships, or (worse) they looked the other way and didnt believe it would ever get this bad. The second group, made a huge miscalculation because now they dont have as many options, their income has dropped and they are perceived as a wounded animal.

for those us that moved on, many years ago now, their is nothing better than taking business from DS. not from the few good guys still there, but from the arrogant executive team that thought they knew what they were doing, the arrogant young case coverage guys that think they had anything with helping Synthes become the revered name it was, from the empty J&J suits with their meaningless credo.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I wonder how the incompetent mangers and leaders are spinning this to the few that are left. They used to say, it’s not all that bad, it will be good in the end, the pension, we will have all the contracts, new products coming, we will take care of you, you won’t have to pay for your help, and on and on and on. Biggest bunch of liars I’ve ever encountered. Best decision I have ever made in my professional life was leaving this joke of a company. For those that are left, get the hell out now.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's unfathomable that this is what this organization has become. There is still a lot of fat on the sales management and speciality side that needs to be cut. Huge bonuses, large salaries and no added value. 2019 resolution for me is to get the hell out of here!!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wny any of you are still there is a mystery. Left a while ago and it is much better where I am. DS became a mountain of dung after Johnson and Johnson bought Synthes

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wny any of you are still there is a mystery. Left a while ago and it is much better where I am. DS became a mountain of dung after Johnson and Johnson bought Synthes

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Strongly thinking of leaving DS Spine. Can’t take it anymore. Going to Globus. They pay 12-14% and if I sell a robot I get comped $50k plus on the new implant business that will likely come from it.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Dont settle for the 12-14 points. It won’t be enough as implant pricing continues to go down. And it is going down fast. There are several really good companies with very good products where you can get anywhere from 30-45 points. That difference is huge and if you can take the business with you when you leave you will kill it. Leaving DS for Globus is a lateral move. Go get the points and kill it.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There's no way to spin this. When the cut was from 12.5 to 11.0, the spin was the pension and healthcare in retirement was a decent trade off. Can't spin 11.0 to 7.0 but would love to be a fly on the wall to hear what "leadership" has to say. The party is really over now friends.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is this for trauma or spine?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

11% to 7%, seriously? Did I read this correctly? I left spine a while ago, and the comment above about going to Globus as a lateral move isn’t entirely true, but I did leave to start my own gig and I do get 25-35% from viable companies. It doesn’t take a lot of business to make up the income when they’re paying those kind of rates. Regardless, just leave. If spine was really cut to below 10%, there’s nothing the d-bags that manage spine could possibly say. They are only covering their own asses and could give two shits about you guys left in the field.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What the hell is a POD inside Depuy Synthes? Is that the new name for a “team”, where you used to get 11%, and now rumor is it’s 7-7.5%?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yea I don’t think going to Globus is a lateral move either. They are pumping out new products annually, growing at impressive numbers, offering equity, offering higher than industry standard commission rates and they are selling a ton of robots. Robots are definitely here to stay. My surgeon just got back from Globus and told me that Globus is going to be the “spine” company of the future until someone buys it and stops the innovation. That said, if someone buys it then the stock will multiply and I’ll have a nice chunk of cash to store away for retirement. Win win situation as far as I’m concerned.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Forget the new products and innovation and get the points. Problem is, most guys can’t convert all the business. The pricing pressures on all implant companies is so great that selling plates or pedicle screws with today’s prices at 12-14 points is not sustainable. This industry has changed so much in the last five years and the changes coming will be even greater. The window of opportunity is closing fast. Getting new, innovative products into accounts is almost imposssible. Globus, Nuvasive, Medtronic, all have great products. Problem is they don’t pay anything.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow 7-7.5? Is that real, please tell me a base and other incentives are on top of that

21. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Do you realize Medtronic has been at 6.5% since 2016? NO base. Wake up, this has been coming.