New GPS/ Cell Control ??

Discussion in 'Eli Lilly' started by anonymous, May 11, 2017 at 8:52 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ok, my unit arrived. WTH..

Are we (Lilly) really having that many more accidents above the industry norm to require a GPS tracker and "anti-distraction" device in our cars? If so, what percent of accidents were caused by "distracted driving"? What percentage of accidents were caused by repeat offenders? I'd like to see that data. I don't recall it being presented.

I haven't had a moving violation in over 5+ years...I wish they had offered an opt out for drivers with outstanding driving records. It really feels like "big brother is watching" ...regardless what Dave and other senior leaders say regarding safety.

BTW....my numbers are "excellent" and I work smart "full" days... but this really feels like an overreach.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Big brother is watching. Auto GPS tracking with OnStar, Mobil Iron on iPads and company mandated trackable cell phones. Implement inexpensive GPS locator tracking program that automatically gathers location information for all three devices and you know what? If three your car or phone or iPad aren't at the same location when you make a call BINGO! We caught one!!! If you haven't been told already you are required to enter all customers calls when in office making the actual call.

Do your job and enter your calls when in office and you have nothing to worry about. Oh yeah, don't forget to park your company car near the office and be sure to carry your company phone when putting your calls in your company ipad with Mobil iron tracking.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My "full" days are 2 hours max. FYI, You can easily jailbreak your tracking devices. It's not rocket science.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It wasn't presented, nor will it ever be.

Regardless of the BS safety message that management is trying to convey, this is totally a big brother move. Like the original poster, I have an impeccable driving record. This roll out feels like I'm being punished for something that I didn't do. If Lilly's accident rate is that atrocious, then let the drivers who are making it so have these devices.

Nothing like working for a company where you feel like you aren't trusted.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are a rep, you aren't trusted! There's a new sheriff in town.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

In Diabetes our DSM has tod us we MUST enter our calls when in doc's office and cannot back date our calls by entering them after being in the office. This job suuuuuuuucks.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Looks like the party ending.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

how would your manager know you back dated calls? In my busy day going from town to town ( I have a large rural territory) I enter my calls when I get home at night! I'm too busy trying to make my 8+ more calls per day to worry where my phone, iPad, or I am at when I'm entering calls!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Also to take into consideration - know how many times my Veeva freezes on me? Especially if I'm in an area with bad Verizon/signal coverage? Do you really think I care about back dating? I'm totally going to enter those calls when I get home! What does it matter if the call is legit?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They know when you enter calls, not sure how. Just do it and there's no hassles.They're going to be watching . About time to get rid of those who don't work...like my endo rep. I work a full day because I like what I do . I really like food and shelter too. Decreasing headcount will be easy now.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Veeva does not need Internet or cell to enter calls!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Date and time you enter a call is documented for every call added to Veeva. Mobil Iron software tracks iPad's location even when iPad is turned off. Proprietar

Expectation of reps will be to enter call at office when making call, it takes less than 30 seconds to input Veeva call and internet connection is not needed to add call.

If a rep

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Date and time you enter a call is documented for every call added to Veeva. Mobil Iron software tracks iPad's location even when iPad is turned off. Proprietary information is on the iPad so company can locate iPad if stolen.

Expectation of reps will be to enter call at office when making call, it takes less than 30 seconds to input Veeva call and internet connection is not needed to add call.

If a rep enters a that is not "legit" it is considered falsifying documents and is reason for exiting rep.

It is my understanding there is an inexpensive program that tracks location of iPad, car and phone location when call is added and if all three are not at location of call call could be red flagged.

It is 2017 and all the Lilly electronics and vehicles you use are trackable. If you think you cannot be tracked on everything and everywhere you go you need to wake up. If you are doing yiur job and seeing customers you have nothing to worry about. Thanks to technology and inexpensive tracking software, the days of sitting at home or doing everything but your job is over. Your equipment can be tracked 24/7.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well..that will maybe end the days of our oncology rep sitting around half the time...and when will they track our market managers...? almost ALL their work is sitting ...at home...

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

if they start tracking like this I am out of here

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I just came to Lilly from competitor. I was under the false assumption that things would be better here. Clearly I was wrong and made a HUGE mistake coming here!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Things are better at Lily. You made right decision coming here. You will be fine as long as you do your job as instructed and enter calls when you are in your doctors office. As long as you are doing your job you have nothing to fear.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yeah, right. How many of those reallocated souls were doing their jobs when it all came crashing down on them?