New GSK mobile phones might be coming our way...

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, Jan 12, 2017 at 3:11 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

can anyone validate?? heard sometime between April/May every field employee that needs a mobile device will be given a link to order a new iphone 7 64 gb with either att or verizon. We have to keep the device for no less then 30 months. GSK pays for it, just like ipad. Turned in when you leave the company. This will be the 1 mobile device we can expense. All data has to be used via the hotspot for either our ipad or laptop. GSK will own our number as they currently do. Anyone with a current number can request a transfer or the line will be discontinued and recycled. we will be on a massive pooled data, minutes, and text plan. We will not be able to expense any other telecommunication devices. 400 anytime minutes and free mobile to mobile.. Phones will have the AirWatch apps so we can access intranet from device....This is gonna be interesting.. anyone else hear this or just another rumor flying around??

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

only managers

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Soon enough they will be chipping all field personnel.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bring on the chip! That way they can pay me overtime...or...they have to let me work when ever the hell I want as long as my core job responsibilities are complete. Trust me ladies and gents, no chip and to GPS tracking. GSK fought hard for reps to be expert. Ask your manager to tell you what your hours are. I am serious, ask them what your work hours are. See what they tell you.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

In the past, I saw this happen to a major company then ..... tracking......and heads rolled, little ones and big ones.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Post #4 may be crude, but is correct. You all understand that GSK utilized every bit of its legal team to fight off a class action suit. They appealed it all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court. Google it and you can read all about the case. In the end, GSK sales representatives are in an "exempt" employee status. Which means reps have no set work hours. That is why when you complete many of your tasks at night or on weekends i.e. expense reports, WWDT analysis, territory planning, email etc., your are not paid overtime. You are salaried and you work until your job responsibilities are complete. What the company has strategically done is to NOT tell you that if you make your required calls for the week and have completed your admin work, that there is nothing wrong with you going to the mall or to run an errand in the middle of the day. This is legal and the company cannot do anything about it. Bottom line, do your job and stop worrying about a "chip". We have a great employer and great jobs! Just don't let yourself be bullied by a psychopathic manager...we all know who they are.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Our data will probably end up at Trump's Kremlin in Russia and on Wikileaks.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pitiful loser.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The start and ending time can vary, but total working hours are more than the 2 hours you put in every day. By the way, you cannot count the time you spend hanging out at Starbucks and posting on CP as working hours.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Female managers in NC had us sign a paper stating we would work from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm Monday thru Friday. That's a fact Jack.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That is a fact and it is legally correct. However the law clearly states that while work hours can be specified, they cannot require or define what work you do during those hours as long as your objectives have been met. So if you have made nine calls on a Wednesday by noon you can go to your GSK required home office and...enter your calls, pre-plan calls for following day, review the latest WWDT, read emails, call offices to schedule lunches, etc etc. The law also allows you a 30 min lunch and two 15 min breaks. Those are the facts as well...Jack! The internet is an amazing thing. Google theses issue and see if I am lying to you. GSK does not want you to know these things. I would ask your manager directly. If he does not have an answer, call HR and inquire. They will explain what I have written here. My husband is an attorney. Just sayin.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't worry about work hours. Worry about iCloud backups of all your calls, emails, text message contents and anything you do on the company phone. The company will have a full backup of anything on the company phone. All detailed billing calls show the nearest town or tower you used when on the call. It shows where the call originated from.

Sure this move probably saves will the company a couple million dollars. But it will cost employees about the same to personally fund their personal phone service.

My opinion and suggestion is to fund your own phone and write it off on your tax return if that is legal. Don't get the company phone or get it and put it in a desk drawer.

Another thing that can be done is use the SIM card in your personal phone for data and conference calls and then put your own SIM card back in once you are done. No backup on the GSK accessed cloud from your personal phone.

I get why they are doing this. It is good for record retention for legal purposes. As well ASCO trolling costs. My prediction is that very few use the company phones.

I personally wouldn't give up my number and privacy to save $25 dollars after a possible tax writeoff

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Will the change end the Verizon contracts like I have heard and go with the new company with little coverage.?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Check your FCC today!! detailed were emailed to SP today and Managers on Thursday. Above poster hit it right on... everyone going to 1 carrier Q1,

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

"Every breath you take and every move you make
    Every bond you break, every step you take, I'll be watching you
    Every single day and every word you say
    Every game you play, every night you stay, I'll be watching you"

The GSK Theme Song, 2017 version. This will officially replace the old, outdated Theme One, "Proud". No need to ask yourself, "What have you done today to make you feel proud?"...Just ask your DM, RVP, or the IT dept. They'll already know!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

GSK claims they are going to save $2 Million by the mandatory switch to Verizon, and then spend a ton of $$$ supplying iPhones. Ask yourselves one simple question, folks..Why? It isn't out of the goodness of their hearts! Remember, this is the same benevolent outfit that just shitcanned your Home Broadband expense allowance. Watch your backs! They are getting 24/7 Tracking Capability in return. Sound like a good deal?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

dont use your phone for ANY personal texts, pics, web browsing.. just like your laptop and ipad. AIrwatch has to be on every corp phone. IT can see you apps, web history is archived, text archived... easily collect date pre-layoffs...
    just bite the bullet and have a personal line. turn off gsk phone when you done with work and on weekends.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

FAQ says use it as a hotspot and data is pooled. now that they wont pay for my home broadband to connect to all of the required meetings, i will now use my hotspot on my new iphone to connect my laptop and ipad full time. hope the 55gb data usage of my 5 GB allotment doesn't throw off the shared minutes.. I mean, i am just following GSK policy

Next they are going to tell us to connect at panera to keep cost down

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest