New Hire Oncology Reps

Discussion in 'Bristol-Myers Squibb' started by anonymous, Nov 8, 2017 at 7:29 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

People with integrity would never do this. Sitting at home, day after day, letting Your slide drive the car, taking your family out to dinner and expensing it as lunch for an office. Shame, shame, shame. Truly the most pathetic people.....

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

*spouse drive the car when you should be at work

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

But there’s nothing to do almost everyday. No lunches or appointments at almost every account in my territory. 6 people to do like maybe 25 sales interactions for the whole year (maybe half with docs). Both DMs know but do nothing because they’re on the $$ dole and feel RBDs don’t want to talk about this.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Reps shouldn't game the system but are often left in this no-win situation. Reps who slack on purpose are criminal. It’s a form of theft. On the other hand, if a rep does what the company is asking, it’s bad for the geography, the industry, the physicians and the patients.

Do you want to go into an oncology office as a patient and see half the seats filled with reps that need a few minutes with the doc???

Like I said, bad for the patients to overdue the sales force. So an oncology rep may very well have to hold back in order to do the right thing.

No shame in that. But fight your management. Don’t begin to enjoy it. Let them know that you can hit your numbers if given more responsibility and fewer counterparts. Find some courage in your heart. If enough reps (like 10-20 of the best reps) do this, it will make a difference. I’ve seen it done before. Cowardice leads to massive layoffs and late epiphanies from senior leadership that another way is best when you knew it all along.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

word is that the douche who came over from Hepatitis in New England and who turns his back on his pod does absolutely nothing in the field and probably games the system with the best of them. There are too many schleps here who ride other’s cost tails.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have to admit, I work one lunch a week max. There’s 6 of us and we have to split it up. I have nothing to do so I take and pickup my kids from school. Go to the gym in between and go have lunch with friends. I just talk a Good Game on conference calls and meetings. People think I know what I’m doing but I hardly work.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yiu are spot on that’s why I have a side business. I’m loving the double dippin. I use my bms credit card to do lunch and learns with my personal business clients lol

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

C’mon, All six are riding each other’s coattails everywhere. All except you, right?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Huh? Do what?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You sound like me 20 yrs ago.
    In la-la land maybe. Senior leadership, and I use both words carefully, could care less. They name the game and make the rules that change regularly. We are only the players with no say in anything.
    Why do you think Pharma jobs are so well paid? They keep us fat, dumb, and happy with great pay and benes to do virtually nothing that actually generates business. They need the expenses to offset the exorbitant profits that would be eaten up by taxes. It’s that simple.
    We’re the necessary evil to them. They’ve been trying to get rid of us all for many years, and are getting closer to it every year.
    Fight the good fight. I hope you can do better than I and the others like us who tried, but obviously failed.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

^^^ The leader in the clubhouse for post of 2018. Very well said/done...

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This issue has been raised year after year. They all are drinking the same koolaid. They like hiring more and more reps. They say, more reps, more sales. If they only tried to test this theory, they would see the same sales increases at the same pace with less reps. But they don’t want to see it. Other companies have proven that you do not need 6-7 reps per Oncologist. Wake up BMS!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

6-7 is totally crazy. If your management doesn’t see that then they’re blind and greedy.

Layoffs are coming. It’s not a matter of if...it’s a matter of when.

It will be the fault of failed management that you get laid off. It won’t be your fault. It’s wtong to do that to people.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

But they are providing jobs for those that can’t do anything else.....

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It’s so easy when you collect a paycheck and do a lunch with 2 other reps in an office once a week. Customers said,
    Why’s their 3 of you here?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Kind of like being on welfare....and your food stamp card is the corporate AMEX.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What kind of character do you have when you sit home day after day, collecting a paycheck for doing nothing but falsifying the metrics while a dying patient goes bankrupt paying for your drug? Pathetic.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

bite your tongue you slav, we need your souls and blood-6 is the number-loser

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The game is almost over, my friends.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

For sure layoffs