new hire starting salaries are higher then current rep salaries

Discussion in 'Supernus' started by anonymous, Aug 13, 2015 at 9:42 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just wanted to share that 2 reps that have been hired in the last 6 months have starting salaries higher then current reps' salaries. I find this extremely out of whack especially when a new rep is hired at a salary that is around 65k and reps that have been here since the beginning are making 68k. I have to say there needs to be a correction made to the sales reps' salaries especially since we hit the 2020 goal in 2015! Please compensate your reps better with higher salaries and stop disrespecting them! We are the ones out there everyday selling these doctors!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A little verification would help this claim. What territories please?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I was hired 1.5 years ago and am at 60k....why would a new hire get more then me? Messed up...1.5 years of sevice and you pay someone else more That just started?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

In Texas I have heard of new hires being hired at higher salaries then reps that were already there.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Interesting. It makes sense to hire people at more competitive salaries being that sunovian pays 6 figures as a salary. That shouldn't mean sales reps that have been here for an extended time shouldn't be compensated more. It also explains why there have been more people leaving then before.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I left for a 20k pay raise....supernus is a good company but needs to be more competitive in pay.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

give us exact regions... maybe the new hires are in bigger cities...thus higher cost of living. I just got above 60k this year but I'm in a smaller city.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Every rep that has left has done so for more money. I heard 2 Detroit reps left for base salaries north of 80k.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yeah I've heard 82k and 88k have been the statting salaries at their next job And this is in Georgia. I'd like to get paid more that's for sure.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

People are valued on what they have done (body of work). Some people may have left jobs where they may have earned a higher salary. Some people may have left jobs where they were more than just a sales rep. Just cause you've been here for 1 or 2 plus years doesn't automatically grant you a higher paying scale. Your body of work is what grants a higher pay scale. Some people just always have this entitlement that they are owed something. Whoever created this thread is a prime example of self entitlement. Jimmy is making more than Bobby and they make more than me but I was here first (wah wah wah). You get out what you put in! I've only been here 16 or so months and I've passed people in market share and bonus money who have been here since the beginning. Bottom line is that you work hard and everything else will fall into place. Bad company corrupts good character!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Maybe you should do your research...our competitors are paid substantially more then we are. We beat them in total Rxs by a significant amount every single week, yet we are paid between 65-75% less then them? That doesn't make sense.

New reps getting hired have actually been getting higher salaries then some current reps....to me that doesn't make sense and can create issues. I think tenured reps have every right to be pissed when they hear of people getting hired at a salary very close to or over theirs.

You say that we are crying over this but guess what? The only way for our higher ups to find out about these issues is for them to read them because I don't want to be looked at poorly for raising these issues at a POA meeting.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I've been here since the beginning and I also find an issue with reps getting a higher salary then me when they are new. I've had a great 2 years and a half years here and love this company but in all seriousness pay the reps doing well what the going rate for the industry is.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have done my research and I am aware that we are payed less. Supernus is still a new company and we are still growing. I think they are fully aware of how people are payed on a national scale per pharma industry standards. It's like the old saying "those who stay will be champions". It's a growing process and this company has plans for the future and I feel if we do our jobs and are patient enough, we will be rewarded. I agree on the ones who are here that are performing at a high level should be compensated (not just bonus). That's why I said you do your job and everything will fall in place. I feel they are doing what they able to do. What company just gives you 2 raises out of nowhere plus a year end appraisal. Did you forget about that?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We all come from different industries and everyone's situation is different. Maybe my value was different from yours when I was hired. Maybe my value is higher than your based past results. Theirs a lot to consider when hiring people. You wanna try and get the best available possible but at rate that may vary from one rep to another. I do agree 100% if you perform at a high level that you should be compensated for it. Trust me, after I heard Taylor's voicemail about how the sales force is doing a great job and we were praised in their conference call, my first thought was how about a raise. I think if we look at the big picture, there will be plenty raises in the future. Just my thought.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree I think there is a raise coming soon for us. Now every time I hear a taylor voicemail I hope we are getting a raise.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So what? This is how the industry works. As a company matures, its staffing needs change. Once content to hire entry-level reps, Supernus is looking to raise the experience-level of its sales force. As you'd expect, greater experience demands greater pay. Another factor is the talent pool at any given time. Could be that Sr. Management evaluated the market for sales reps and decided that they needed to increase level of comp to attract talent. You should know by now that the best way to raise your salary is to go to another company. Very typical to get at least a 10% increase off your current salary.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

^^^that is correct. Don't know why it's so hard for some people to believe but I guess that's what happens when you're brainwashed to believe the company cares about you. Don't worry they will give everyone raises out of the blue because tons of people have left since the first IST and it's costing them more money to train robots to memorize a script than to keep reps. Can't wait till next POA to see my room filled with decorations, a Michael Jordan quote and an elementary school participation award!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Dude or dudette, if you don't like it here, why don't you just leave. If you are that unsatisfied and are worrying about brainwashing and you don't like the way they handle the sales force, then get the Hell out, get promoted so you can change things or start your own company and do it your way...but something tells me you are not capable of any of the above, including leaving because its probably too much effort for you. Something tells me that you'd rather bitch than make something happen and I'll bet you don't work anyway. Bet mommy and daddy gave you everything when you were little.....earn anything???...doubt it!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are you high? The title of your thread is that new hires make more than current reps but then you give an example of a new rep making $65k vs. an established rep making $68k. Hmmm.....that sounds like less, no?

Also, please learn when to use "then vs. than". You should worry more abut proper grammar instead of what other people make.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bahahaha how "abut" you do same!