New Hires

Discussion in 'Eli Lilly IT' started by anonymous, Oct 13, 2015 at 9:55 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why are we hiring back all these incompetent idiots that took us years to get rid of? Most of them have gone from job to job since leaving Lilly. Why would we think these IT gypsies are a desirable talent.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hired them back more cheaply. Sounds like another shaking up is coming, too.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I hope Piers is given the promotion he so greatly deserves.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What have i missed? Whose been rehired and to do what? Did I sleep through some big announcement in Lilly News?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We've hired back several alumni, who over the past 5+ years have been jumping from job to job. I guess if you can't hold down a good job in the real world, it's considered valuable experience to Lilly. We wouldn't want to water down our talent pool with real talent.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So many people were screwed by Lilly IT 5 years ago. I say good for them if they really want back in.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Screwed in the non pleasurable sense I take it - or is there some gossip there too? Do tell :)

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

But they all got good severance and are getting paid to come back - seems like they've done well out of it at the company's dollar!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They is sticken it to the Man!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The new promotion process at Lilly. Get outsourced at P3 level and collect severance. Hire back in as a P4 a few years later.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Worked for me. I'm not complaining. It's called career planning. It takes much more than doing your job to get ahead at Lilly. You have to know the system and use it to your advantage. It's called working smarter.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You think they are the idiots... they got paid a big severance, kept their years of service and vacation, rebadged over to IBM and did the same job they did when they worked here. Maybe they jump around one or two jobs, probably got a raise, and then come back to Lilly. How have your raises and bonuses been the last 4 yrs. Now whose the idoit?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lilly has a lot of IT openings. Is TCS being phased out? What is the feeling there in IT these days?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Heard all of TCS will be gone by June. Any outsourcing will go to apparatus.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nope. TCS will be around LONG after you are gone. You can take that to the bank. Now that freezes are the new order, TCS will be around for sure.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is true especially in light of the fact that sales are down bigtime and cuts all over.