New Management Team and Bravecto

Discussion in 'Schering Plough Animal Health' started by Anonymous, May 25, 2014 at 5:17 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am just trying to get this straight:
    3 regional heads
    6 original managers
    6 non-animal health managers
    AS wasn't laid off and is a manager.....

A lot to wrap my head around. The zones are not changing anything. The human-side new hire managers are not only clueless regarding our industry--they have no management skills. Our management heads find the sales force useless and thinks that threatening us is motivational... Who is pumped for the sales meeting so the mixing pot can all get together?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do not forget the reps that have come from the human side. All this is real recipe for success. Serve it up with the crack marketing team and see what you get. The threats will be the dessert!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Finally, a thread that is relevent and near and dear to our hearts. While some of the new peeps are nice--their presence, and ignorance, has definitely added a thick layer of chaos and removed any support that we were used to. There is no longer a shield between reps and corporate. The demands are increasing but the pay, budget and support for field force is either remaining the same or avalanching downward.

How many people will have to quit and start their new lives as a result of Merck's idiotic reorganization that put us in this position?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Then quit and see like I did that the grass is not greener. I am still in the industry and am dealing with similar stuff at my new company with benefits that are not as good and pay that is the same.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Factor in the three zone managers. Not one has been in the field and sold SP/Intervet or Merial/Merck Animal health products. The mid west Zoner ran the ISR Omaha team. The west Zoner came from Schering Human after being laid off and the newest Eastern Zoner was with Pfizer and did something with corporate accounts that was so important that RM can now handle it. It is either the blind leading the blind or the unexperienced leading the clueless. One thing for sure this type of management ( using the term loosely) structure will create and endless array of excel sheets to complete.Bravecto could be the greatest product ever developed for companion animal but with leadership lacking experience and not knowing the market we will at best be a third rate player.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I for one am not looking forward to this meeting at all, except to see my friends. Not sure if it can possibly be more dreadful than the Activyl meeting, where we all had to role play. But Activyl was the warm up act and the expectations here are more intense than any of us even realize. You've heard RD on the TH meetings!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why is JH making the decisions he makes? Anyone "get" him?

I hear different things about the human managers - what's the true info? How can they be clueless about managing?? I thought that was why they were hired.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They were hired by the clueless. See JH reference above.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You had me until you wrote "Bravecto could be the greatest product ever developed for companion animal"

You lost all credibility after you wrote that.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not the "greatest"' but top three IF mgmt and marketing hit the mark! Therein lies the problem.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your quota will be like it cures cancer.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Meeting, promises/threats?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Bravecto Greatest reference was to illustrate even if we had the greatest product ever to hit the companion animal market our management and marketing team has little to no knowledge of the market and will insist that we implement flawed marketing concepts and doom us to having an also ran product. Classic example is referring to the Black Legged Tick? No vet knows what that is. It is known as a Deer Tick but unless the vet knows the Latin geno type they will not see that we list the main carrier of Lyme. A safety claim for pregnant and lactating bitches but you then read the PI and learn that 20% of the puppies had deformities. Back to the meeting and why it will be no problem selling despite a minimum age of 6 months for the dog.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They and many of our newer reps were refugees from the SP/Merck human side and were given priority when positions with Animal Health opened. The managers have human side experience and manage as if they were still in that position. Animal Health is completely different then then the Human side market. Unfortunately the human side dispocessed that we inheritated do not understand the dramatic differences. The prime criteria in being successful in sales is "know thy market!" Our managers and reps from SP/Merck human do not know the market. This fact is not lost to top management. It is one more piece that leads to the fact that Merck upper management does not care because they know that the division will soon be sold or spun off. Bravecto if correctly marketed and managed can be successful. We currently do not have the management and marketing expertise and experience to make Bravecto a leader. We will be forth behind Merial. Elanco and Ceva.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This IS what it appears after the meeting. In fact, doesn't it cure cancer????

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Plus plan or quota?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Awfully quiet out there. Management by fear?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bravecto to be sold to all
    Petmed walmart etc
    Just saw the contracts

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nice try Ceva scum! Go back to your own board!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

From the class that is left! No matter the contract, it will end up on the internet. Too many people trying to beat the system. Some will succeed. If you think not, then your experience and knowledge level of the business is minimal. You will learn. If not you will get left behind. By the way, not Ceva scum. They have their own set of insurmountable issues. Good luck.