New Normal in Field Management

Discussion in 'Takeda' started by anonymous, May 3, 2020 at 11:45 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Time for a new approach with field management. Several large pharmas are now doing virtual management based solely on results within a given set of targets. Managers only discuss the numbers and plan in quick 1-1 Webex business chats, no field travel or office visits, reps get quick approvals on plans with scheduled checkpoints. Training handles all messaging strategy in virtual Webex chat format by product group or 1-1 scheduling. It's simple, cost effective, and seems to be getting results. Welcome to the new normal, no looking back!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Webex? Are you f’n kidding me. Every other company is doing Zoom.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

what happens to all of the DBMS? Surely we wouldn’t need all of those positions

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Webex is more secure.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not true.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The evolution of pharma field management started changing rapidly 3-5 years ago. The full blown district team manager model is no longer yielding results (ROI) given the large contraction in number of new and profitable products, shrinking legacy product margins, not to mention declining rep access. Companies are now relying upon technology to be the new watchdog. If your job title is DBM like mine, get ready for changes ahead, regardless of what they tell us at the FLM's.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is what you focus on from this post?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bingo, and that starts immediately with no more ride alongs. Don't be stupid and think they will bring them back, major job losses are coming.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Would not be surprised

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree with major job losses. Until there is a vaccine, we are all just one big germ going from office to office. At least that’s is how physicians will view us.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree with major job losses. Until there is a vaccine, we are all just one big germ going from office to office. At least that is how physicians will view us.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Totally agree with you!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Reps were always viewed that way. Now HCP’s can openly state as such. Unless you got big funbags and lip injections.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Technology is the watchdog! The Takeda ipad tracks reps whereabouts 24/7 down to the square foot. You don't need a DM to do that. Maybe they should fire these overpaid self important people and send out inflatable DM's instead. No instructions required, no need to buckle their seat belts, just pull the cord to inflate, they can also be used as a partial airbag (windbag) or flotation device. Seriously people, it's time! DM's add ZERO value, get in the way, make physicians angry, piss off staff because they're ALWAYS in the way of patients. DM's walking into offices is completely STONE AGE!!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’ve worked for and with some great managers but let’s be honest that happens like 1 out of 10 times at takeda. Most of these alleged leaders dm to sales vp are clueless and useless. Want a good laugh take a look at some of the claims they make on their linked in pages it’s hilarious.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So completely true. Inflatable DM's, love that and please send mine now! LOL!!! All I can say is they better not be trying to schedule any field rides at a minimum for the rest of this year or Ramona will hear from us.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Shut up loser reps. Field leadership is not going away. Face it, without us holding you accountable, most of you worthless slacks would be using your morning and afternoon selling hours to shuttle your brats back and forth to school and play dates. At least half your calls are fake. And you use your expense accounts to over order food for your families. We are the one thing keeping you partially honest. Companies will never get rid of the DM role. You need babysitting.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

DM’s are the biggest loser unaccountable useless ass kisses on the planet. They’ll do anything to avoid the accountability that comes with territory management.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Be warned that audits are being done to verify call activity. If you record fake calls, you will be terminated. This is not a joke and sales representative honesty and integrity will be determined.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They don’t have to do an audit to prove DM’s don’t work. Over paid expense report monitors. DMs mainly have to do the most work during meetings and conference calls and most DMs delegate those responsibilities to reps. It’s time to thin out the DM’s nationwide.