New PD landscape?

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline Lab Personnel' started by Curious George, Jul 31, 2015 at 10:00 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. No longer with GSK (recent RTP casualty) but still curious about the reorg in PTS/Product Development.

Did the Almighty Baldoni had down the tablets with his new org structure yet?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes. (Also no longer with GSK - join the crew...)

3. I'm curious too. I could always call up my old coworkers (which are left) but who knows what they are going through. Maybe someone could tell us how the reorg sorted out? Last I heard, it was unknown how long the process would even take?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I heard org charts have been sent out.
    Process took 8 months.
    World's slowest reorg.
    Congratulations JB, you have not lost your touch.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

org charts were sent out. Some were identified directly, called day before, and others in pools. About twice number of ppl being cut as new positions, and no guarantees that new positions are good fit for those cut.

I have been through this before - eventually ended up in a group that was a bad fit and I was managed out as a result. If I had gone in another direction I wouldn't have gotten some valuable experience, but would have a much better manager than now who would have advocated for me and found a better solution.

Think carefully about the long term consequences of what job you accept and the new rating system. If you are not a strong fit, you may get nailed if your boss is so inclined. Have an exit strategy in place regardless. I was shocked at some who got that phone call - played politics well, in good standing, etc. Then to hear about par axel layoffs.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I heard that the stability lab at Zebulon (PACE) got wiped out.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The Zebulon stability lab (PACE) has been eliminated. It's been a good (14 year) run. So long, GSK. Good luck in the future.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sorry to hear of it. (I got chopped from RTP in March.) Good luck with your next steps.

Is GSK planing to outsource the work currently done by PACE?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who knows. 1.5 months into the reorganization process and no one knows what the hell is going on. I think that we're still in consultation, but the timelines are as murky as monkey snot.