New positions posted

Discussion in 'Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica' started by anonymous, Mar 3, 2017 at 1:15 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What is up with all these positions posted recently? Aren't all these positions already filled? I am guessing this just a company policy to post the positions regardless, correct?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

One was posted in my area. What is the salary and is there really a gps in your car? Are you micromanaged? Any info would be helpful.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pet field sales posted in my area. I'm not with BI but someone from BI has been looking at my linked in for a few weeks. I work for big pharma on the human side. What is the salary like in the animal division? Territory sizes? Bonus? Etc.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Salary range depends on experience. I think it starts around $60. Bonus potential at 100% is at least $50k in uncapped.
    Yes there are trackers in your car but the info isn't pulled unless a manager requests it. So if you are doing your job it doesn't matter. They don't care if you stop in to a home depot or take your kid to the doctor.
    Micromanaged- depends on your manager. However, with BI there are a lot of "check the boxes" type things that need to be done. That's the Germans way of monitoring your development.

The money is great if you do a good job. 6 figures a year is the norm

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thank you! Can you tell me what training consists of? Also what is vacation/PTO?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

... it has been speculated that with more reps, fewer call points per rep, no longer need distribution - they sell big products on agancy basis anyway- so following the Idexx lead, take business direct, cut out distribution and make greater margins-

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are these new positions because Merial is dumping distribution? Will be interesting to see Merial reps sell against distributors.. Can someone confirm?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Distribution was notified on Monday

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

All lies! Our competitors wish it was true but it isn't. BI didn't just spend billions of dollars acquiring this product line to immediately drop distribution. They need to make their money back and know doing so would be a stupid move at this point.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks for the response. BI is hiring in our area as well. The GpS thing makes me Leary. When you say they won't care if you take your kid to the Doctor or stop at Home Depot etc, I've heard different things. Someone who worked at Merial is now at BI and said you're expected to be at your first call by 8:30 and not finish your last call until 4:30-5pm. 1 office day/month. Is all this true? When does anyone get all the admin stuff done we are required to do in this industry? Thanks

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I guess it all depends on your manager. I have heard of people that take more than one office day a month. You could also do your admin work in your car in between calls. Great way to get that ping!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The GPS is no different than logging your internet browsing history on a company device. Your boss does not have the time nor the care to mess with trying to monitor that shit. It is only done so that when there is cause to let you go, for instance when you can't manage to work more than 10-2 Tuesday through Thursday because you think you're special because you're a sales rep. Then that information is looked at and used as additional reasoning to cut you loose.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

NOT!! so explain why you just cut comission to distributor reps? all that will do is encourage them to seel more of competitors products.

Future of this business is going to be manufacturing selling their high volume 'marque' products direct (hell, most of these are sold on agency basis anyway) and dist will get all the dog products-

Idexx was the test case, and its working for then- see their financials- it is how Zoetis has operated for years-
    you heard it first- my guess is that by 2018 BI/M will have transitioned to this model

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not filled. After the large expansion and vacant territories, earning will drop by 25% this year for the reps. Don't know what is up but it is NOT good

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They're adding reps to reduce territory size. On the theory that you'll spend more quality time with,and somehow getting more business from fewer customers. With GPS tracking you'll feel the need to do admin work while sitting in your car in the clinic parking lot. Especially if they're blowing you off today

Better hope you have a long term previous relationship with the clinics you'll be getting with your new employer. As long as you're good at explaining WTF we're doing and what products we'll be supporting...

Salary good if you bust your ass and keep your clinics from switching to competitors products. Good luck with that now that we've made and then suddenly sold off the best vaccs on the market. Elanco busy stealing our thunder on that. Especially with all the former Merck Lyme users.

But fear not we bought another well known line. And we're still selling last century flea control which is quickly becoming a has been in an overcrowded market.