New PTO Policy

Discussion in 'Allergan' started by anonymous, Nov 28, 2018 at 7:07 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh boy.

What could possibly go wrong?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yeah, I hope everyone makes it a huge pain in the ass. Maybe we will be back on the current system in 2020.

They took our PTO and wiped their ass with it. I saw we do the same with this flex bullshit and make it as painful for management as possible.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What the heck are you complaining about. We are getting paid out on PTO balances.
    In 2019, take what you need for sick and vacation. Please tell me what issue you have with this?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Your enthusiasm about getting a check for your earned PTO is extremely shortsighted and typical around here. Come January you own exactly 0 hours of PTO and your dumbass manager has conplete and total discretion. Believe me the smart managers aren’t happy about this change.

You’ll change your tune the first time your PTO is denied because your not in the top 25 and your manger says it doesn’t make “business sense”.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why would you ever need to "Log" PTO. Just take time off when you need it. any salesperson knows that. just answer your phone when your sipping a Pina colada on the beach. Your managers do the same stuff so this should be no big deal.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

New PTO policy? Here it is... You can't take any if you're underperforming.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yep... agreed
    RD’s or at least some of them will be watching who takes time off

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The reason for this policy is to reduce the companys’ liabilities at the time when they decide to lay people off. It’s a sign that another wave is coming...

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

lawsuit waiting to happen if that would happen. Don't think our legal team wants to go there.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Some of you are absolute children. This new PTO policy is awesome, but it can only be enjoyed by adults who can handle the accountability of such freedom. Morons like several of the posters here will live in fear that they are being watched by big bad management just like always: you idiots see something sinister in every single thing this company does. How In the world did you ever get a job when you constantly have your tail between your legs and your head up your ass?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Your comment is based upon the assumption that only the reps are morons and children. There’s plenty of those to go around at Allergan for sure. However, you fail to note that there’s an equal issue with emotional intelligence and decision making with first line management. I have already heard a manager say that of course a newer rep was not going to get as much time off as a tenured rep. How does that jive with the excellence of this plan? Consistently top performing reps have been pushed out with the excuse of ‘behaviors’ not being up to par because they had issues with their manager. This is fact, not conjecture. Why would denial of PTO time be any different? Until we go through a year of this and see for ourselves, don’t be an ass about questions and concerns. Could one pod partner take more time off than another and cause discord on a team? Is it less expensive for the company to make cuts once the liability of banked PTO time is gone? How employees respond to this will vary, but as long as there are paranoid reps and managers like you with your reps-are-too-stupid-to-understand attitude Allergan will continue to have a below average culture and reputation among Pharma. Bet your direct reports love working for you.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Actually the comment is based on the Cultural assumption that Managers are Superior to reps. That once you reach the DM level you are assumed to be “Better” and cannot be questioned. Thus top performers being fired for “behaviors” when a new manager comes in. To think that Managers won’t hold this over the heads of their Reps is farcical

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pharma lifers should be embarrassed for themselves!!!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bucket carrying stooges like you are beyond comprehension. The new policy is for one thing, cost savings. That’s it. It’s veiled as a more liberal PTO system when in truth it’s open to 1000x plus ways of interprtation and as a rep your interpretation DOES NOT MATTER. The current policy is straight forward and already generous and best of all you as an employee OWN the time. It’s yours, no one could take it away and for the most part no one can tell you no unless you are already being pushed out.

Anyone that can see past their nose can see that the new PTO policy is not rep friendly. Read some articles about companies that have taken it on, emplyees took less time off because they feel guilty about asking because the banked time when from being OWNED to the time having to be GIVEN. Big huge difference there. So enjoy your measly check for the PTO. They aren’t buying it from you, it’s a mugging. Absolute robbery. I guarantee you will think twice before taking PTO come January because it won’t be yours take, it’s now only given.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Fuck. Nice one.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They want you to quit. Duh! But you won’t, because you’re pathetic.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

1/2 PTO balance paid out Jan 2019
    1/2 PTO balance paid out Jan 2020 (as long as currently Agn employee)

That pisses me off

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks for underlining my comments- typical negative reaction to virtually everything that comes down the pike.....hysterical overreactive fools .....and I am not a manager, just a grown up.