New rep rules in CA coming soon.

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by anonymous, Jun 26, 2018 at 3:37 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have been a rep for AZ for many years. I have a family member in the CA state legislature. She approached me on ideas to help lower RX costs by limiting marketing activities. These ideas will not work, but that does not matter. What matters is that it looks good to the public and since AZ took away the pension, I am going to help her with her endeavor. I would like your ideas too. By the way, I could care less if this results in fewer reps. There are way to many now. Mangers are not needed either.

1. No more prescribing data on individual HCP's.
    2. Reps will no longer "sell." In other words they can educate, but not sell
    3. No sales incentives or commissions on sales.
    4. To reduce the carbon footprint of reps, no more than one PSS can call on any one HCP, or one rep per territory if you will.
    5. Managers may not rate reps or compensate on sales efficiency.

The idea is to provide for education and information. Not make sales

With Gaven Newsom being the next Gov of CA, you know this is going to happen.

Any other ideas? Its your chance to lead and make a difference! Step up.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No sales calls to medical offices or hospitals at all. Only activity allowed would be medical education at state or national society meetings via a display or speaker program. No speaker programs outside a national or state society meeting. Only employ individuals with a Bachelors, Masters or PH.D. in pharmacy, nursing or research.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No meals to physicians or their staff.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Most of your list has already been implemented in other parts of the country. As for single rep territory I believe AZ is the only company left with a share of voice model that’s why the all day lie is alive and well.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Maybe you're anger that AZ took the lesson away. That sucks but not unexpected. However with the rules you want to institute we wikk' all be out of a job. We're between a rock and a hard place. Either take the crap that the company dishes out or ask for changes and then be out of a job because we are unnecessary..

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Maybe you're angry that AZ took the pension away. That sucks but not unexpected. However with the rules you want to institute we will' all be out of a job. We're between a rock and a hard place. Either take the crap that the company dishes out or ask for changes and then be out of a job because we are unnecessary..

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What a ridiculous post. Do you seriously want the government telling private sector companies how many people they can hire? I think it is the other way around: the People will tell the government how many people they can hire. TRUMP!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

fun

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It’s pretty much this way already. Most health systems have blocked access, no meals and we haven’t “sold” anything in years! Sounds like your connection in the legislature needs a little field ride to be more educated first.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It has been well known for years that you could eliminate over 50% of all reps and managers in CA and not miss a single selling opportunity.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sounds pretty much like NE states

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Couldn’t care less.

You couldn’t care less you idiot!

Thank god you ain’t writing the bill.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You understand that the company has State Government Affairs people who deal with this, don't you? The best thing you can do is to contact yours with this information and let the experts handle it!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

When Gavin gives back the 35 million to his donors is when Pharma will play by the same rules. Love government putting regulations on Pharma while they play by their own rules with limited oversight. Glad I don’t live on the LEFT coast. Clueless!!!!!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

eventually most states will move this way, just like here in Boston