new to pharma, manager question

Discussion in 'The Darkened Sample Closet' started by anonymous, Jul 5, 2019 at 12:11 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

rumor say my new manager does not schedule field rides ahead of time, just tells you the day before. is this normal? red flag?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is not normal. Your life will be hell if this continues. I’d look elsewhere. Good managers send out a schedule a month ahead. If they’re notifying you one day prior, they are most likely new to the role, very insecure.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A manager who does that has most likely been burned in the past by a rep/reps who weren't out there every day doing what they are supposed to do. That is a manager who is approaching the business from a negative managerial style, meaning they are trying to "catch" their reps not working by surprising them. That is an insecure manager who will make your life a living Hell. Imagine, each ride along some d-bag asking you why you don't have a lunch and learn, or two, booked for the day, why you aren't lugging Starbucks into your top office, why you didn't start at 8 and end at 5, and why you aren't sticking to the 2 week routing that he/she most likely requested months ago. Good managers give you at least a few weeks head's up that they are coming out with you, out of respect for your time taking them around and so that you can prepare your offices who might be sensitive to a manager popping in.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

great post.
    absolutely correct here.

the thing is this: you want to be treated like an adult, and professional. there are companies out there that actually treat you like that, so you don't have to put up with any company that treats you like garbage.

most big pharma companies are terrible with the exception of a handful (Bristol Myers comes to mind). And most smaller companies are good as well.

Just don't put up with nonsense. You are educated. You are hard working. And, there are many opportunities out there to make a buck. Don't think medical sales is the best job out there. It actually is not a very good job anymore, when you consider the micromanagement, and so many downsized jobs the last few decades.

One last things: avoid managers that are under 45 in most cases. They just don't have the maturity in life. They are clueless, most of them are little boys that drink too much as well.

They are so many losers in medical sales, it is scary. They lack talent and integrity for the most part.

Not trying to be negative here. Just being honest.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

one last thing.

Avoid short managers.
    they are very insecure. if they are 5'7" or less, avoid them. If they are young and short, then that is a bad combo.
    you think I am joking. No. I am not.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

not a good sign when the manager just shows up ! Either their ass is on the line from upper clowns or both of your asses are looked into from douchebags from up above...
    Don’t tolerate this; it’s unrespectful
    Last time a manager shows up unannounced- probably idiots higher up tonight I was sleeping but I was working and bringing a lunch... the problem was that the numbers of one of the drugs I sold weren’t good because it was a crap drug that was very expensive , tier 3, switched at pharmacies and all kinds of problems with the marketing of it.
    Ask specific questions to the manager and possibly to the NSM as to what they want . Why do you get this “ special” treatment.

7. Woody

Woody new user

Not normal, but do a good job everyday and you will do fine. If the mgr. see's that it gets to you...they will ride with you more!!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

OP, look for another job if this is too stressful for you.
    And it is not normal for a manager to do this.
    That managers is a dick with a capital D.

9. Woody

Woody new user

That may be true, but if you are doing your job...they will pick on someone else.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

as if this job is so hard.
    the thing about his industry is their is an obvious lack of respect with so many companies.
    people put up with it because they think that is the norm. it is not. move to another industry and make less. that is what I did. then again, I am much smarter than other men that got married and had children or other men that worship sex, drinking, drugs and other stupid shit. freedom above all things, including making money.